Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwagner View Post
Thanks for the video and the help with the links Sanuku! You rock!
Not a big Deal. It kinda piss me more of that the Database isn`t working in your Case while it`s in an other Thread doing as it should be. I hope Arn will kinda find out why the Appinfo isn`t showing up in your Case
Old 12-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
When does this go live in the US?
I would say late January? Lot's of stuff still to go in and a small team to do it with!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Not a big Deal. It kinda piss me more of that the Database isn`t working in your Case while it`s in an other Thread doing as it should be. I hope Arn will kinda find out why the Appinfo isn`t showing up in your Case
The video is great though! I used to work as a trailer editor and it is such a pain getting good footage off iOS devices. I eventually found a really hacky workaround, but you saved me the trouble! It's nice to have a link of the game in action.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
What device are you on? There was actually a problem where the speed of the boat was tied to frame rate on the device. So it would be CRAWLING on the iPhone 4 and waaay too fast on the iPhone 5 with the same balance values.

Might do another balance pass on boats now that the bug is fixed though.

Also you should now be able to swap treasures from the hoard and have more options to swap! There's now a button to sort by Hoard in most of the treasure lists.
I'm on an iPhone 5, so maybe that's why it seemed faster for me before. Doesn't bother me all too much! And I did notice the sorting by hoard. It's pretty useful. I did run into a weird bug where when I got a new equipment, it prompted up the menu when you have hoard space so I went to equip it to one of my dragons, but then it kept prompting me to upgrade my hoard when I clearly had an extra space.

On an idea note, I would love to see possibly a collection database (equipment "pokedex", if you will). It might encourage more users to fuse items in order to "catch 'em all". And with that, it'd be nice to upgrade the amount of fusions we could have queued up, of course for the cost of gems.

Edit: I just noticed that my last two hatched dragons have a different job scheme. When they're hatched they have a 5 min (or 1 min) for 1 heart and a half hour for 3 hearts. Is this part of the new balance? And will my old dragons ever be switched to match them?

Last edited by xbtran; 12-13-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Oh man, have you been sitting in on our design meetings? Totally have got plans for a pokedex and multiple fusions. Glad to hear there's a want for them too!

There are 4 trip balances in the game right now: Common Dragons, Uncommon Dragons, Rare Dragons, and Epic Dragons (Ultra Rare!!) Trips tend to get longer and have better payouts as the rarity of the dragon increases.

But I'm actually working on some balance stuff now that will add more variety to the trips, stay tuned!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Oh man, have you been sitting in on our design meetings? Totally have got plans for a pokedex and multiple fusions. Glad to hear there's a want for them too!

There are 4 trip balances in the game right now: Common Dragons, Uncommon Dragons, Rare Dragons, and Epic Dragons (Ultra Rare!!) Trips tend to get longer and have better payouts as the rarity of the dragon increases.

But I'm actually working on some balance stuff now that will add more variety to the trips, stay tuned!
Haha awesome that we're on the same page!

Oh ok that explains it! I got three (of what im assuming is) uncommons in a row. Is this just due to the fact that I probably got the commons already, so now theres a bigger chance of getting the more rarer dragons?

I gotta say this game has been so addicting when I just sit here and do minute quest. I racked up about 50-60 gems just from a little over an hour session of doing so. Just wanted to let you know that, because that does seem like a lot. But for all I know you guys intended it to be that way.

Another note, the notifications are done really bad. They woke me up last night! Maybe only one notification for the first dragon? And also, it'd be nice if the little notification on the menu showed when a fusion is completed and not just when theyre available.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:32 PM

Yeah we're looking at the gem economy now, might tune some stuff down, but we're also going to be adding gifting from friends and guilds so that should open up more ways to get gems.

Also I forgot to mention we went live in some more countries! We are now live in Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Ireland, Finland, and Denmark! Tell your friends (hopefully some of them live in those countries...)
Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 PM
iPhone 4

Yea just to give you a perspective, in about a week I maxed out the hoard and ship, and accumulated 300 gems give or take. And this is probably playing actively for an hour or two each day on average. Definitely think giving dragons their dream item should only award one gem.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the data! I'm working on the balance now, we may leave the bonus at 2 gems, but then raise gem prices across the board. I like the 2 gems as a reward cause sometimes you can spend a gem to speed up fusion, but get back 2 gems which can feel good to some players.

Also as we add in more treasures it will dilute the pool of dream treasures for the dragons you have which should help with the gem economy too. We already did that a bit by adding in shields.

More Hoard slots coming! How many dragons are you at now?
Old 12-21-2012, 01:10 AM
iPhone 4

That's very true! I never thought of doing a fusion that way. And your solution for gem balance sounds great.

I'm at 21 dragons. Really want that door to open! Haha.