Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Keeping an eye on this. My girlfriend LOVES tower building games.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 AM
iPhone 4

So with the new update, the game runs a lot smoother. I'm guessing why the barfing animation was toned down? I liked how it looked before, but the loss is worth the performance improvement.

I'm not a huge fan of the balance updates though. Some of the special chance items are really late in level, and the cost of hearts for a lot of the jobs are extremely high now. And there doesn't seem to be any uniformity to the balance. For example, some of my dragons still cost the normal 50 hearts for a chance at an artifact, while I saw one that was 75.

Maybe I was just spoiled to play pre-balance or it's the fact that I'm in the "end game" right now and coins don't matter to me and I'm only trying to grind for specific items, but I'm not liking this balance change too much! Haha.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbtran View Post
So with the new update, the game runs a lot smoother. I'm guessing why the barfing animation was toned down? I liked how it looked before, but the loss is worth the performance improvement.

I'm not a huge fan of the balance updates though. Some of the special chance items are really late in level, and the cost of hearts for a lot of the jobs are extremely high now. And there doesn't seem to be any uniformity to the balance. For example, some of my dragons still cost the normal 50 hearts for a chance at an artifact, while I saw one that was 75.

Maybe I was just spoiled to play pre-balance or it's the fact that I'm in the "end game" right now and coins don't matter to me and I'm only trying to grind for specific items, but I'm not liking this balance change too much! Haha.
Good point, I was definitely balancing for a better experience for new users, I can take a look at the higher level trips with an eye for higher level players.

The performance bump was just a happy accident actually! The barfing was toned down because it was very polarizing. People either liked it or HATED it. But eventually we're gonna bring back a similar animation (except with rainbows, it's awesome) for high level trips or when we have a concept of treasures contributing to coin earning.

Let us know if you see any other problems with the update!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Keeping an eye on this. My girlfriend LOVES tower building games.
I think we're aiming for early Feb launch worldwide! It will still be an early version and there's lots to come, but get in early cause we're generous to our early adopters!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:11 PM
iPhone 4S

Just watched your video -- Looking forward to your game Very beautiful graphics!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
iPhone 4

Some of the jobs for the red dragon with the small horns and beard seem to have errors. "Troll a Troll" looks like it's supposed to cost 40 hearts, but it costs 140. That job, "Make Treant Kindling" and "Tallgate an Airship" all don't have time stamps. Not sure if any other dragons have any of these problems.

Also, I'm able to equip the same items if I swap an item with one in the hoard. This was present in the older build.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:31 PM

Whoops! Fixed that 140 heart trip, that will get updated in the next submission on Friday. The missing time stamps seem to come from trips that have hours and minutes, rather than just hours. I'll look into fitting them in there. And I'll get that bug assigned this week!

Thanks for the help! It's awesome having great fans when you don't have a QA department!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwagner View Post
Whoops! Fixed that 140 heart trip, that will get updated in the next submission on Friday. The missing time stamps seem to come from trips that have hours and minutes, rather than just hours. I'll look into fitting them in there. And I'll get that bug assigned this week!

Thanks for the help! It's awesome having great fans when you don't have a QA department!
Well thanks for making such an addictive game! Im on the grind to get everyone to lvl ten and its definitely a lot more bearable with the new wizard. Everyones lvl 8 at least so far.

One thing I was wondering about is if there's more dragons than spots. As in, I have 24 dragons at the moment, but are there really 30? And then I was also wondering a bit more about the dragon paradise idea (I like Valhalla better... haha). When you don't have to manage it anymore, do items just don't matter? And you said it opens a spot to buy a new egg. Will this new dragon just be the former version of the dragon you just sent to dragon paradise? I like the fact that each dragon is their own and having a bunch of the same would lose that uniqueness.

Last edited by xbtran; 01-16-2013 at 04:38 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM

Nope there are only 24 dragons in the game right now. We're releasing a special 25th dragon in the next update as part of a one-time only $1.99 pack with 50 gems, 10,00 coins, and an 8-Bit Dragon. He looks AWESOME! It's kind of a test to see if players are willing to spend money on the game by offering a crazy awesome deal. I don't think the coins are very appealing to high level players like yourself, but we put all unique animations into the 8-Bit Dragon and he's by far my favorite dragon now. I'm excited to buy him on my personal device.

In terms of Valhalla, you can only get each type of dragon once. We made that design decision that every dragon should be special early on. So the new dragon you get will be a new dragon! We've got about 5 more dragons designed for when we roll it out. Also, we're thinking of lowering the nests the player gets to not overload them and to get them to Valhalla earlier, BUT for early adopters they are going to get to keep all the nests they've unlocked! I think we may cap it at 15, and maybe allow players to pay gems to unlock more slots...

Also treasures WILL factor into sending your dragon off to Valhalla. The current idea being that it costs 100 hearts to send a level 10 dragon to Valhalla, so you need good enough treasures to do that. We're playing around with how or if treasures will factor into once they are in Valhalla...

This is still a month or so away from being out.... This week is guilds and gifting and next week is some long overdue streamlining of some of the core flows, like 1 touch trips and less tapping to send dragons off and get them barfing. Then we launch worldwide and that should give us the kick in the pants needed to get Valhalla into the game!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 PM
iPhone 4

The exclusive dragon sounds awesome! I'd definitely purchase it. As long as the exclusive dragon idea isn't done too often, I think a lot of other people will also be on board.

That's great. I'm happy that you guys also feel that each dragon should be special. And I know I know it's far off, but I'm really excited for Valhalla! My vision of what Valhalla should be is this. When you click on the door, you enter Valhalla. It'll be similar to the normal dragon nesting area. Possibly nest in Valhalla will also have to be purchased. When you send a dragon there, it'll go through a metamorphisis which will take a certain amount of time. Once done, the dragon will come out looking like an evolved version of itself (or a glowing "godly" look could work), and then you can send another dragon. Once "graduated" a dragon will automatically generate money. The amount of money generated will be dictated by the amount of hearts it has - I was thinking 1 heart = 50 coins/hr, but a dream item will add a .3 bonus. As each normal job generates roughly 1000 coins/hr, so 100 hearts will yield the same results on a maxed out dragon. Maybe the money can be added to a pot which you can collect anytime and it can be upgraded with gems to hold more total coins.

The biggest problem I see with an automatic dragon is that it'll be very hard to get those respective dragons dream items. So to appease this, maybe the dragons in Valhalla can have a cooldown timer on a bonus, and once done you have a chance to get one of their dream items, coins or gems.

I hope some of my ideas are helpful to you guys. I really love how much you guys have made the barrier between developer and consumer transparent. I love knowing what you guys are up to, and also feel that my input is actually being heard. So thanks for that!