Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
After so many iOS games have released the first episode in 'episodic' titles were abandoned with incredibly unresponsive developers... I'm finding it REALLY hard to jump on anything done in the same fashion... =o/

Sucks... but... I'm pretty sure I'm going to just wait it out, and see if the game ever gets updated with more content before jumping on it.
I get where you are coming from. But there's already a ton of gameplay in this prologue, more than enough to justify the .99 price. And it's really, really good.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

A game called "Virgins"
Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
After so many iOS games have released the first episode in 'episodic' titles were abandoned with incredibly unresponsive developers... I'm finding it REALLY hard to jump on anything done in the same fashion... =o/

Sucks... but... I'm pretty sure I'm going to just wait it out, and see if the game ever gets updated with more content before jumping on it.
I agree, it is a pain when things are left unfinished, but in order to get them finished, the game and developers need support. They need ratings and reviews, they need people to talk and advertise it....they need people to buy it lol. I'm telling as many people about it as I can, I have already rated and reviewed it on the app store.

If we want to see more content, we need to support these guys. Rate them, review them and tell people about it!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 PM
iPhone 5

Agreed! I certainly think that it's worth picking up the game at its current price. I wonder if the episodes will be free or require iAP.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 AM
iPhone 5

How would you rank this compared to other iOS Metroidvanias?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:38 PM

I've spent hundreds of dollars drunk downloading games I've regretted, but I'm gonna take a shot on this. Not my typical style game but people seem fairly positive on it and its good to see dev communicating in the thread.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
How would you rank this compared to other iOS Metroidvanias?
Blows them out of the water. The only ones that come close are Elemental Fury and Grokion. I can see how some folks may find the character movement a bit slow on this one. But in every other way, Vergence nails the genre.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoprime View Post
I think the character should move faster. Feels too slow to get anywhere.
The speed of the character was decided mainly to help alleviate the issues that come with touch controls, which historically do not mesh so well with fast games. It's unlikely that we'll update the speed for this level, which would cause a lot of balance issues but we will keep it in mind for the future.

Quote:
Thanks for your help from earlier ImprobableFlight. Now that I've finished the game, I have a couple of questions.

1. There were at least two areas marked on the map that I never got to visit. The door behind floor 02 in the green elevator, and the door at the left of the through-floor climb just before the last boss. Is it possible to actually visit these places, or are they just a tease?

2. Great plot twist at the end. I'm really looking forward to Act 1. When can we reasonably expect Act 1 to arrive? Don't leave me hanging!

3. This is more a question for TA users. Why isn't anyone playing this game? There aren't even any reviews on the App Store! This is a great game that totally slipped under the radar and I think it deserves front page status at the very least.
Your welcome.

1. Neither are accessible though at one point they both served a purpose. We have a couple of ideas that they may get used for, which is why they were both left in. Keep an eye out for updates

2. I wouldn't like to make any predictions at the moment. The prologue has taken a while to do, but we were starting from scratch and had a lot to learn about making games. We'll keep you informed, and should have a better idea early in the new year.

3. I totaly agree

Quote:
How exactly does the difficulty work in this game? Is it determined by the number of times an enemy need ago be hit before they go down? I have to agree, the game is extremely challenging, but it's also quite fair.
Easy - 10 Life, 10 continues, enemies have less health
Normal - 6 Life, 3 continues, enemies have normal health
Hard - 3 Life, 1 continue, enemies have more health.

In response to some comments of the game being difficult, we are considering giving easy infinite continues. Would this be something you guys would like, or would you prefer it if we added a 'super easy' mode that had infinite continues (or is it fine as it is)?

Quote:

I understand your point of view, I've been disappointed too by games that haven't seen a second episode. Unfortunately the problem is that if people don't support the first episode developers can't afford/justify continuing to work on the project. I realise I have a biased interest in this game doing well, but others have made similar points (thanks guys) and I hope they help change your mind. If not, I look forward to your support in Act 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababewey View Post
I've spent hundreds of dollars drunk downloading games I've regretted, but I'm gonna take a shot on this. Not my typical style game but people seem fairly positive on it and its good to see dev communicating in the thread.
Thanks, we appreciate the support and will do out best to keep you informed as development continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Blows them out of the water. The only ones that come close are Elemental Fury and Grokion. I can see how some folks may find the character movement a bit slow on this one. But in every other way, Vergence nails the genre.
Seconded I wasn't aware of Elemental Fury, I shall have to check that out, thanks.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 PM
iPhone 5

I think he means Elemental Rage, not Fury.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I think he means Elemental Rage, not Fury.
You are correct. It's been a while...