Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have tried some of the other games in this genre on the platform (Grokion, Elemental Rage, etc) and have been disappointed by the small content and cut corners in production value. This said, I am very optimistic about your new title and I am going to make the plunge.

I really want to support a successful Real Metroidvania of the caliber of the genre's namesakes and I LOVE the art style and premise of this game (like a happy mix of Metroidvania and Flashback gaming styles).

Please keep adding to the polish of this title as I am sure it has the potential to become a real game changer in an otherwise somewhat uninspired field of games claiming to this title.

I have typically neglected to add my voice to apps I enjoy using, but the hope of a fully realized Metroidvania of the quality of the originals updated for modern platforms and gamers has me very excited!

I will leave a review and rating after playing for a while.

Very encouraging to see such interested and prompt feedback from a developer (Improbable Flight) and I hope you will continue to support this game and come through with additional episodes in the series!! (I understand this will be greatly dependant on user feedback and purchases, but keep with it, I am sure that the fanbase of this genre on the iOS platform is large enough that should you give it enough time people will become aware of this title and support it with a purchase!

*Touch Arcade is my go to service for iOS game reviews, updates, and forums. I would love to see a review of this title from you guys since I know this is a very popular genre and this appears to be a solid entry considering the field of competition at present.

P.S. -

1) I would like to add that I do like the suggestion for unlimited continues on the easy setting (I appreciate the style of challange escalation already in place for the Normal and Hard difficulties.)

2) I agree that judging from the screenshots alone the controls could do with a little redesign to better fit the aesthetic of the game's art style.

3) Please make this Retina and Widescreen as soon as possible as these are very sought after features when making a decision to purchase!

*I will update with actual impressions after some time in gameplay
Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelsh View Post
I personally would LOVE it and I would play it much much more if you added a difficulty mode with infinite continues! Please do! I would be extremely grateful! I took it off my device because it seemed a bit too hard and I didn't like the idea of some continues and then you lose the game. If you add infinite continues I guarantee that I will play it all the way through!
Well than I guarantee we will add infinite continues. This seems to be a popular request and I'll make it a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
Why a limited number of continues?
Originally I felt it made it too easy with infinite continues, but then I had a lot of time playing the game. Now I'm thinking that limited continues are not very welcoming to new players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
I have tried some of the other games in this genre on the platform (Grokion, Elemental Rage, etc) and have been disappointed by the small content and cut corners in production value. This said, I am very optimistic about your new title and I am going to make the plunge.

I really want to support a successful Real Metroidvania of the caliber of the genre's namesakes and I LOVE the art style and premise of this game (like a happy mix of Metroidvania and Flashback gaming styles).

Please keep adding to the polish of this title as I am sure it has the potential to become a real game changer in an otherwise somewhat uninspired field of games claiming to this title.

I have typically neglected to add my voice to apps I enjoy using, but the hope of a fully realized Metroidvania of the quality of the originals updated for modern platforms and gamers has me very excited!

I will leave a review and rating after playing for a while.

Very encouraging to see such interested and prompt feedback from a developer (Improbable Flight) and I hope you will continue to support this game and come through with additional episodes in the series!! (I understand this will be greatly dependant on user feedback and purchases, but keep with it, I am sure that the fanbase of this genre on the iOS platform is large enough that should you give it enough time people will become aware of this title and support it with a purchase!

*Touch Arcade is my go to service for iOS game reviews, updates, and forums. I would love to see a review of this title from you guys since I know this is a very popular genre and this appears to be a solid entry considering the field of competition at present.

P.S. -

1) I would like to add that I do like the suggestion for unlimited continues on the easy setting (I appreciate the style of challange escalation already in place for the Normal and Hard difficulties.)

2) I agree that judging from the screenshots alone the controls could do with a little redesign to better fit the aesthetic of the game's art style.

3) Please make this Retina and Widescreen as soon as possible as these are very sought after features when making a decision to purchase!

*I will update with actual impressions after some time in gameplay
Thanks for the support. We too are hoping that some of the major review sites take notice, that level of exposure would be a great help.

1) Will do.

2) We've begun to put together some alternative designs. Keep an eye out on our facebook page for some more more details soon http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vergence/489076214446937

3) We'll be working on widescreen and universal support soon, it may take a little time but it will come. Full retina support is unlikely as there are a lot of resources that would need updating and we feel the time would be better spent on the next episode. That said we are hoping to bring limited retina support to things like menus, HUD, controls and cutscenes but backgrounds and sprites will more than likely not be updated in the near future.

I hope you enjoy the game and look forward to hearing your feedback.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:05 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

K... I just picked this up last night...

And... so far... it's not bad at all. But I do have one little issue with the controls...

Is there any way you could make it so that we don't have to lift our fingers off of the screen to change direction? It's how I've become comfortable playing with virtual controls on the touch screen - being able to just slide my finger over - and here - if you keep your finger on the screen, no other button will be activated except for the button you originally touched, and only if your finger drifts back over it, which is actually kinda strange... I've never had a game do that before...

Anyway... other than that... it looks like this one has already got some great stuff down the line, and a really solid base to work with so far... I'm excited to see where it goes with updates. =o)

And thanks for pushing me over the edge with your impressions guys... gotta love TA. =oD
Old 12-22-2012, 04:17 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
K... I just picked this up last night...

And... so far... it's not bad at all. But I do have one little issue with the controls...

Is there any way you could make it so that we don't have to lift our fingers off of the screen to change direction? It's how I've become comfortable playing with virtual controls on the touch screen - being able to just slide my finger over - and here - if you keep your finger on the screen, no other button will be activated except for the button you originally touched, and only if your finger drifts back over it, which is actually kinda strange... I've never had a game do that before...

Anyway... other than that... it looks like this one has already got some great stuff down the line, and a really solid base to work with so far... I'm excited to see where it goes with updates. =o)

And thanks for pushing me over the edge with your impressions guys... gotta love TA. =oD
Have you tried either of the analogue setups, they sound more like what you're after?

Last edited by ImprobableFlight; 01-16-2013 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Going to have to pick this up as soon as I get back to Canada.
So far my favourite game in the genre on iOS is Dark Incursion and it ends mid way through the game.
This could easily bump it off the top of that list I think.

On a side note, anyone know if I pick up a Mexican I tunes card if it would work to put money on a Canadian account?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM
iPhone 5

This is one of my favorite iOS games this
Year and it was completely ignored by most toucharcade users.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:58 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprobableFlight View Post
Have you tried either of the analogue setups, they sound more like what your after?
Yeah... I had no clue there was an analogue option til I tried it on my iPad... But this stick is great, especially on the larger screen. I still hope you guys kep with the intention of adding Universal support... But right now, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said... But I can say that you've got another person telling their friends about this game. =oD
Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

The difficulty update has just been submitted, so hopefully that will go live at the end of this week or more likely early next week. It gives easy infinite continues and adds a casual difficulty which is the same as normal but with infinite continues. Hopefully this will fix some of the issues that people have been having. Sorry it took a while, but Christmas and New Year got in the way
Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I want to play this, but is iPad support coming? Please?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

New update is through!!