Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Default Piyo Blocks

lite
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331301773&mt=8
Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 PM

I was a big tetris freak on the game boy so I'm loving this game. Just one thing though, would it be possible to include a home button pause feature in the next update?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:27 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooger View Post
Just one thing though, would it be possible to include a home button pause feature in the next update?
We're planning to add a save game feature. We've also got a number of other features we'd like to add to the game, and we'll be holding a vote on our blog shortly to give you a chance to vote for what you'd like to see in the game.

Cheers
The Big PixelTeam
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 AM

From the first impression this plays like Zoo Keeper (for the DS) and I totally loved that game. So I'm really looking forward to have a closer look at the game this evening, when I get home from work (thanks again for the promo code ).
Old 10-14-2009, 08:19 AM

Nice one.
I've been playing this all morning in Hyaku mode, are there any plans for openfeint integration?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooger View Post
Nice one.
I've been playing this all morning in Hyaku mode, are there any plans for openfeint integration?
We've got plans for integrating some kind of social network/online achievements into Piyo Blocks, but haven't decided which platform is most suited yet (Open Feint, Plus+, Facebook Connect, Scoreloop). We may well include this in our user vote on our blog soon.

You may want to follow our twitter page to keep up to date with what we are planning, and to take part in any user polls.

Cheers
Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 AM

Damn I missed out on the promo codes!

Had a try of the lite version and was hooked. I like the ipod intergration with the full version. It helps to have your own music on and I can see my self playing this for some long sessions!

Good work, looking forward to updates. open feint would be cool.

PS I think I found a cheat, keep killing those birds in the menu!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by db82 View Post
I think I found a cheat, keep killing those birds in the menu!
You're not killing the birds, you're just putting them to sleep
Old 10-14-2009, 01:43 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pixel View Post
You're not killing the birds, you're just putting them to sleep
Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:24 PM

I just finished my review for the app store:
Quote:
If you're interested in this game, then try the lite version. The gameplay of all modes is the same.

The visuals and controls of the game are really good. You can clearly distinguish the different blocks and they are big enough, so you don't have problems hitting the right one. I also didn't experience any lags or crashes.

The problem is that the game lacks challenge and variety. I just played one game in Piyo mode for about an hour without ever getting close to the time limit. I then just stopped doing anything, because it got tiring. If you don't want to play endlessly you are limited to the Time Attack mode. Also, as I already mentioned, the gameplay is the same in all three modes and there aren't any special blocks or changes in the number of different blocks.

However, these are all problems that could be improved with an update. So this is a solid base to build a great game on.
Additional comments:
- The cheeping sound the "piyos" make when you touch them is rather annoying. Rest of the game's sounds are fine, however.
- My wish for the next update: please increase the difficulty by decreasing the available time or making it harder to score combos.