★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Kaloki Adventure -

06-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Kaloki Adventure -

I did a quick search and surprised that this game hasn't been mentioned or even featured by Touch Arcade.

Stumbled accross it by accident almost and bought it immediately and honestly haven't regretted it.

Youtube link | Pop Up

It's a sort of sci fi sim city style game where you have to beat each level by running an effective space station. Gameplay is actually pretty fast and frantic for this kind of game but also really really good fun.

The game is put together extrememly well. It started life as an xbox live arcade game and has translated to the iphone really well in my opinion.

I have already had it for a few weeks now but keep playing it every few days so it definitely isn't a play once and bin title.

Anyway... thought i would share my thoughts on it and let users here know that it exists and is well worth checking out!

I would post an itunes link but i am on a linux machine at the moment so no itunes access for me right now.

The app is priced at uk 1.79 pounds (us keyboard and no pound sign either!!! grrr) but there is a FREE lite version simply called Kaloki so no excuse to not check it out!

'Kaloki Adventure'

Last edited by Zincous; 06-26-2009 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Embedded Video
06-26-2009, 02:24 AM
This game came out on the 360 a while back. It's fun but gets really frustrating after a while. I don't know if I can play it on my iphone.

06-26-2009, 03:30 AM
Well i haven't got frustrated yet.

I tend to get bored of Sim City type games but the faster pace of this and level structure makes it more of an arcade experience.
06-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Uh yes it was mentioned and it's the fourth search result so I don't know what you searched

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
06-26-2009, 04:44 AM
06-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah, I remember playing this for a little while on my 360. I don't remember much about it. Might have to look into it again.

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Yep.
Used the one on this page under the two add banners:

http://toucharcade.com/

Guess that one doesn't search forums then.

Oh well no harm done.
06-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes. It is a really fun game. I enjoy it quite a bit. It's a good tycoon style game (you build a space station, building components to meet people's interests while expanding your tech level) and translated really well to the iPhone.

There were announcements of releasing more games, but I haven't heard anything more about them. And the NinjaBee blog has been rather quiet about them as well.
06-26-2009, 10:18 AM
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...loki+Adventure

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
06-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
Yes. It is a really fun game. I enjoy it quite a bit. It's a good tycoon style game (you build a space station, building components to meet people's interests while expanding your tech level) and translated really well to the iPhone.

There were announcements of releasing more games, but I haven't heard anything more about them. And the NinjaBee blog has been rather quiet about them as well.
how long ago was this released then?
I guess it didn't sell so well on the iPhone perhaps due to lack of coverage like alot of apps and the devs have decided to move on?

Shame as it's a really well put together little game and I would have liked to see what they came up with next.