★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

E.R.A TD now .99 iPad Only

12-09-2012, 01:51 PM
E.R.A TD now .99 iPad Only

This game has received very high praise from a number of TD experts in the main thread. At this price for an iPad game it is a steal.

sugimulm - On firing up the game you can see the level of detail and time spent creating this game.
Graphically, beautiful to look at, high rez textures, smooth animation, and beautiful colors.
Sound, fits the game to a tee. The sound track is reminiscent of a peaceful calm, just before the storm, lol. The best example is peaceful tracks with nice synthesized tracks all the while laser beams with the slight bang of the oh so sweet "BOOM".
Gameplay, just simply AWESOME! Just like many TD's, but with more strategy and entertainment. First off, the saying goes, "easy to play, but hard to master" sets the tone.

JohnSimond - This game is FREAKING AWESOME!

Man, this game is not for amateurs, and is totally different from 90% of the TDs in the App Store,, they r either too complicated or too simple like the Bug Invasion, a total waste and I wish I saw that review on TA earlier...

I don't know maybe I've seen too many dumb TDs already, after playing this game for like 3 hours (the initial tutorial/intro levels is a bit slow though), I was totally amazed by the gameplay!

I gotta say this game is NOT for everyone, people are either gonna love it or hate it, the amount of thinking and action involved is incredible. You need to choose which monster to attack FIRST and that's critically important, otherwise if the red little twining/rotating thing gets your towers especially the detector, you will miss some of the invisibles if they're not in hero's range, it's the details that matters and they did it!

This being said, it's not TOO hardcore either, you just gotta learn some tricks and adjust your strategy according to the level, amount of resource, type of creeps and postion to place towers. Another thing I like is they really understand tower defense games, and let us focus on the single thing that defines TD -- BATTLE, instead of constantly manually upgrading hero (automatically upgrades when you gain experience) and choosing towers before the game.

cabdog - I'm just trying to say that this is the most engaging, super/amazingly polished/researched game let alone a TD, that I have played. Visuals animations are spectacular and tone soundtrack is the most fitting/relaxing of any game I have played. In my humble opinion, it blows Silly kingdom rush, and the still a good game Fieldrunners out of the runningl

Main thread - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=149510
12-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes it's great best TD game I have been playing. Great graphics and gameplay but there is iap which I know is a killer to some (feildrunners 2) but its not needed at all. Get it I can't say how much I love this game on my touch.

Thanks to the devs for letting be be one of the testers.
12-09-2012, 02:56 PM

12-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah, good game, definitely worth getting!