Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
Are some weapons more effective than others against certain enemies? Any chance of an in-game bestiary (maybe a crafted item, that gets populated when you defeat each enemy)?
Yes, the frost cannon works well against the fire terrapus, for example (while the flamethrower is ineffective).

We're going to have more in-game info soon. A bestiary is a great idea!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:25 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePhenom View Post
And also I was watching some iPad gameplay and noticed how big the anolog stick is on the left side. Would it be possible to just make a invisible one?
You can already choose between a fixed joystick that's always on the left, and a floating one that appears where you touch and is otherwise invisible.

(Btw the game calls it a "d-pad" but it's an analog stick.)
Old 12-20-2012, 01:34 AM

How do I bring up the list of worlds/areas, and go to a diff area? I remember seeing that screen when I made my character, but I cant get back to it. I spawned in an empty area and I want to go to a more populated place.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLorax View Post
How do I bring up the list of worlds/areas, and go to a diff area? I remember seeing that screen when I made my character, but I cant get back to it. I spawned in an empty area and I want to go to a more populated place.

Thanks
If you open the map, you'll see orange icons that are the world teleporters. You can also type "/die" to respawn at one, at which point you can tap it and head elsewhere.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklaurence View Post
If you open the map, you'll see orange icons that are the world teleporters. You can also type "/die" to respawn at one, at which point you can tap it and head elsewhere.
Thanks for help!

Also, whats the diff between a toxic, and purified world. Is purified mean there are no mobs?

And what are differences in the premium areas? Or are they simply just privately owned worlds?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Im not sure if ou have played, but in all worlds, because of the apocalypse, it can rain toxic which damages your charavter easily and is generally a nuisance. When it is purified, no more toxic rain

The difference between premium worlds and free worlds? Premium worlds are a different biome and are never as populated as free worlds, so your chances are higher of finding some cool loot. All worlds you can join and are not invited too are public worlds however.

Hope I helped!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:36 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

For somebody who's never played Minecraft before, this game could really do with some help files! Things new-player me has no idea about include:

- How to regain health.
- How to kill monsters.
- How to find the list of achievements.
- How to turn off the beep when somebody talks in channel. (Dear god tell me there's a way to turn it off.)
- How to change outfits.
- Some general ideas about goals.

I spent about thirty minutes wandering around, mining and crafting. The graphics are charming, but I had no idea what kinds of goals were available for me to work towards so it all felt a little aimless.

Perhaps the game is designed mostly for experienced Minecraft players, I don't know. But if you're also hoping to pull in newbies like myself, I think we'd benefit from a little more guidance.

Cheers.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
- How to regain health.
Craft jerky, then eat it by selecting it in your hotbar and touching the screen.

Quote:
- How to kill monsters.
Use your pickaxe or craft a weapon.

Quote:
Stickied on the game's forum, or in gamecenter. Ingame list is apparently coming soon.

Quote:
- How to turn off the beep when somebody talks in channel. (Dear god tell me there's a way to turn it off.)
If there is a way I haven't found it.

Quote:
- How to change outfits.
Craft or find a wardrobe, hat rack, and mirror. Help topics will appear when you find these objects.

Quote:
It's a sandbox game, so the general idea is you make your own goals. I guess the achievements list will help when it's implemented. There's also world goals that appear on the map once someone starts, e.g. finding parts of the purifier.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:30 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
For somebody who's never played Minecraft before, this game could really do with some help files! Things new-player me has no idea about include:

- How to regain health.
- How to kill monsters.
- How to change outfits.

I spent about thirty minutes wandering around, mining and crafting. The graphics are charming, but I had no idea what kinds of goals were available for me to work towards so it all felt a little aimless.

Perhaps the game is designed mostly for experienced Minecraft players, I don't know. But if you're also hoping to pull in newbies like myself, I think we'd benefit from a little more guidance.

Cheers.
Thanks very much for the feedback It's certainly an easier game to understand if you're a sandbox veteran, but we are working hard on making the game more goal-oriented. Expect fun quests and more delineated achievements in the very near future!

(Oh, and we will have a mute for the chat sound in the next release... unfortunately that is after xmas thanks to Apple's review process, but that's the way it goes on iOS!)

Last edited by mklaurence; 12-20-2012 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: chat note
Old 12-20-2012, 05:26 AM

Kudos to you on making it cross platform on iOS, OSX, and PC, that's pretty impressive, and uncommon.

Also it's amazing how fast you get into the game after launching. It's almost instant, and I love it. Most online multiplayer games is a process to get on with it.

I love the concept. iOS really needs more online co-op style games, and I think going 2D was a good decision for artistic and technical reasons.

As others have basically said, this game will benefit greatly from a robust tutorial so they're fully informed about the environment and gameplay mechanics, that will go a long way with getting them invested in the game.