App description: Deepworld is a massively-multiplayer 2D crafting adventure game. Mine and craft your way through a persistent online universe where there's always something new to discover!

NOTE: Deepworld runs best on iPhone 4S / iPad 2 or later!

- Find your way through mountains, caves, and ruins filled with danger and reward, or venture into cities built by fellow players.
- Deepworld is always online in the cloud, so it's easy to hop on and play with your friends! Follow them in-game and easily find them when you play.
- Mine and craft hundreds of different items with Deepworld's easy inventory system. Place them anywhere in the world to build your dream house!
- Recover lost pieces of technology to build machines that restore the environment and make your world a more interesting place.
- Use different weapons and protective devices to fight monsters of the deep, mysterious automatons, and soon, other players!
- Complete objectives to win achievements and earn skill points, which can be used to beef up your character's dexterity, mining ability, and more. You can track your progress in Game Center, as well!

mklaurence's comments:
Deepworld is a massively-multiplayer crafting adventure! Explore, fight, and build in a post-apocalyptic steampunk wasteland alongside friends and strangers alike. Jump into the persistent online world from iPhone, iPad, or Mac and pick up playing right where you left off!

** Newly launched on iPhone and iPod Touch! **



12-20-2012, 11:11 AM
#51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklaurence View Post
iPhone will be in beta next week, hopefully in the App Store early January.

I haven't played GTA but I'll check out the DPad in it. We could certainly make DPad opacity a setting.
I agree the ability to set the DPad opacity would be useful, even on iPad.
12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
#52
I'm planning on downloading the free version when I get home to give the game a try, but I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback regarding how necessary the IAP currency is to enjoy the game. Is there any other way to acquire the currency in game besides IAP?

12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
#53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnt325 View Post
I'm planning on downloading the free version when I get home to give the game a try, but I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback regarding how necessary the IAP currency is to enjoy the game. Is there any other way to acquire the currency in game besides IAP?
If you want to build things and keep them safe, you'll want to buy room. You can buy an entire private world, or protectors that you can place anywhere to protect a specific radius of blocks around them from other players. The premium upgrade comes with some of the IAP currency, so you can get enough room for a house or something without further purchases. If you want to keep building more stuff then you'll need more protectors.

The other parts of the game don't require any IAP currency purchases. You can buy some items that are convenient, and some ridiculously overpriced building materials (for how easy it is to just mine them).

There's no way to earn the IAP currency in game right now.
12-20-2012, 07:45 PM
#54
Can you buy your own world, but have it open to everyone, not just friends?
12-20-2012, 11:16 PM
#55
The only option to share your world that I have discovered (correct me if I am missing something), is to give someone a code to access it. There could be code sharing in a forums, via twitter, etc but I have not seen a way to simply set your world to full discovery.
12-20-2012, 11:23 PM
#56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
The only option to share your world that I have discovered (correct me if I am missing something), is to give someone a code to access it. There could be code sharing in a forums, via twitter, etc but I have not seen a way to simply set your world to full discovery.
We're looking at some different ways to open up your private worlds to the masses (and still keep it tidy)... we'll keep everyone posted!

Lead developer at Bytebin (@bytebin)
Get info on our online 2D sandbox adventure game Deepworld (@deepworldgame)!
(and check out Smasheroid, our retro spaceship-bashing extravaganza!)
12-24-2012, 12:32 PM
#57
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 914
I bought the premium upgrade but can't figure out how to start a private world. I've googled the krap out of this question but all I can find is the Dev website that wants me to buy one for $10! Tell me I'm missing something here...
12-24-2012, 04:47 PM
#58
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
I bought the premium upgrade but can't figure out how to start a private world. I've googled the krap out of this question but all I can find is the Dev website that wants me to buy one for $10! Tell me I'm missing something here...
Look in the shop menu - it costs 500 crowns (I think) to buy one. You need to buy crowns through IAP.
12-24-2012, 04:50 PM
#59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
I bought the premium upgrade but can't figure out how to start a private world. I've googled the krap out of this question but all I can find is the Dev website that wants me to buy one for $10! Tell me I'm missing something here...
Yes, private worlds cost a little under $10. I apologize if that sounds expensive, but keep in mind that you're getting a personal, permanent online world that you can share with your friends. The equivalent to rent a Minecraft or Terraria server or something like that would cost you that much per month, or more, so we feel it is a really good value.

Premium players also have access to many more public worlds that are reasonably private, in that they don't have a stampede of free players on them. So there is plenty of opportunity to explore and build in relative privateness without purchasing a private world

Lead developer at Bytebin (@bytebin)
Get info on our online 2D sandbox adventure game Deepworld (@deepworldgame)!
(and check out Smasheroid, our retro spaceship-bashing extravaganza!)
12-24-2012, 08:46 PM
#60
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklaurence View Post
Yes, private worlds cost a little under $10. I apologize if that sounds expensive, but keep in mind that you're getting a personal, permanent online world that you can share with your friends. The equivalent to rent a Minecraft or Terraria server or something like that would cost you that much per month, or more, so we feel it is a really good value.

Premium players also have access to many more public worlds that are reasonably private, in that they don't have a stampede of free players on them. So there is plenty of opportunity to explore and build in relative privateness without purchasing a private world
Thank you for the reply and explanation. One last thing: How do you tell the premium worlds from the non-premium?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.