Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM

Default aerofly FS - (by IPACS)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-17-2012 at 05:35 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

When I watch videos of this on the PC, it gets me excited almost to the point of thinking I can deal with the insane file size and steep price point. Then I see a video of the iOS version, with its sub-par frame rate and blurry textures, and all enthusiasm escapes like air from a punctured hot air balloon.

Really don't understand why they bothered; this simply isn't good enough.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
When I watch videos of this on the PC, it gets me excited almost to the point of thinking I can deal with the insane file size and steep price point. Then I see a video of the iOS version, with its sub-par frame rate and blurry textures, and all enthusiasm escapes like air from a punctured hot air balloon.

Really don't understand why they bothered; this simply isn't good enough.
I have to agree.
The pc version looks amazing and this looks like dog crap (especially after watching the video)

The developers need to play the new Sky Gamblers and they will quickly see what kind of visuals you should be pumpin out on the ipad.

Also, I picked up the ipad 4 and I know this thing is a freaking powerhouse, capable of so much more.
The screens above look good, but the video is the pits.

I can't wait to see what good developers could do with the new hardware + Flight Sim

I totally agree, this just isn't good enough
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I have to agree.
The pc version looks amazing and this looks like dog crap (especially after watching the video)

The developers need to play the new Sky Gamblers and they will quickly see what kind of visuals you should be pumpin out on the ipad.

Also, I picked up the ipad 4 and I know this thing is a freaking powerhouse, capable of so much more.
The screens above look good, but the video is the pits.

I can't wait to see what good developers could do with the new hardware + Flight Sim

I totally agree, this just isn't good enough
Please don`t tell me you are expecting something as similar as Falcon 4.0 or the LockOn Franchise to show up on the Tablets. Yes the new Hardware is strong but still not that strong. Just give it a few more Years and I`m sure you will connect your Thrustmaster Equipment to your iOS Device and save the Earth
Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default aerofly

I would have been more excited if they had made it an R/C flight sim.
this is just blah. When I think of Aerofly I think of R/C sims.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM

I was also hoping it was an R/C sim (helicopter) with a bluetooth or cabled controller.

Honestly I am more for the flight physics than for graphics as long as it ran at a high frame rate. My favorite flight sims are all old sims from the 90s like 'A-10 Cuba!' . I love the way the flight physics works in that game. The frame rate and physics are way more important than the looks. Of course I would like both but given the option of one or the other I would take flight physics and high frame rate.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Please don`t tell me you are expecting something as similar as Falcon 4.0 or the LockOn Franchise to show up on the Tablets. Yes the new Hardware is strong but still not that strong. Just give it a few more Years and I`m sure you will connect your Thrustmaster Equipment to your iOS Device and save the Earth
Sanuku, I agree with you, no doubt about it!

I just think that when we see the new sky gamblers game and how strong that is, it kind of raises the bar.

The screenshots look great, but the video posted kept me from buying this one.

Last edited by colorsound; 12-11-2012 at 09:04 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 05:35 PM

Crashed on my iPad 2 each Time I did load it up so I would advise everyone to stay away from it if he wants to load it up on any iDevice that is older then an New iPad (3rd Gen) or the lastest One till the Developer fix that Bug.

While this is said here is the Gameplay Trailer...

If you are into Civil Flight Simulators and don`t have a Problem that the Game has only currently only Switcherland and like eight Planes added then I`m pretty sure you will enjoy playing the Game as much as I did.

Specially the F-18 is pretty damn cool if you push the Engine to it`s Limits and then just enjoy the thrill of speed while listening to...

Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Crashed on my iPad 2 each Time I did load it up so I would advise everyone to stay away from it if he wants to load it up on any iDevice that is older then an New iPad (3rd Gen) or the lastest One till the Developer fix that Bug.

While this is said here is the Gameplay Trailer...

YouTube: video

If you are into Civil Flight Simulators and don`t have a Problem that the Game has only currently only Switcherland and like eight Planes added then I`m pretty sure you will enjoy playing the Game as much as I did.

Specially the F-18 is pretty damn cool if you push the Engine to it`s Limits and then just enjoy the thrill of speed while listening to...

YouTube: video
Works fine on my iPad 2
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This game is freaking sweet! While ugly up close, the texture look beautiful from far up, especially the mountains!
Check out this screen I managed to take.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (261.5 KB, 12 views)