★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 100 Trials is "New and Noteworthy" in the App Store! Buy it today!
9 out of 10 - "a slab of puzzling brilliance" - Pocket Gamer

100 Trails is an awesome action adventure game with a series of 100 unique, fiendishly crafted combat puzzles designed to test your fighting and strategy skills. Ultimately, your four heroes will wind their way though each Trial to succeed in their quest of capturing the "Last Wild Satan".

Fight your way through a mixture of Knights, Robots, Bullies, Bandits and even trade blows with the "Rat King". You muster your defense using everything from throwing knives and handguns to wands, arrows and hand grenades. Your four heroes will master the mazes with touches of magical skills and a dash of humor, rounding out a game with a lot of replay worthiness. Dozens of hours of play... and re-play!

Engage yourself in a quest to survive and even attain superior achievements to become a master of each Trial!

... Reviews and Ratings...
"extremely satisfying" - PocketGamer
"It packs a punch thanks to its many "bite-sized" puzzles." - AppSpy
"when you finally conquer a challenge on your twentieth try, the feeling of elation is unmatched." - Gamezebo
"Elegantly simple interface design (with) many advanced gameplay elements to discover and exploit." - AppSpy
"100 Trials will keep you busy for a long, long time." - Gamezebo
"Original and entertaining...blends strategy and RPG quite nicely...good old fashioned fun." - Master Abbott, Australia
"Very addictive. You'll try again and again until you make it through." - Yankerr007, Israel
"Fantastico - L'eccezionale gioco "100 Rogues" sotto forma di 100 prove diverse. Tanti piccoli puzzle per riempire le pause durante la giornata." - Davide Di Stefano, Italy

... Website Links ...
Detailed information about the Weapons, Skills, Monsters and Loot Items: http://100trials.com/about/how-to-play
The "How-to-Play" video is available, with more on the way: http://100trials.com/videos
A list and "Trial by Trial" description is available on the 100 Trials website: http://100trials.com/about/trials
Individual website forums for players to help each other succeed at each game level: http://100trials.com/forums

WesPaugh's comments:
100 Trials is now available on the iOS App Store!

App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/100-trials/id498321766?ls=1&mt=8

Here's a How to Play, for those unfamiliar with 100 Rogues, which is a game we released a few years ago of which 100 Trials is a spin-off, or re-imagining.
http://100trials.com/archives/portfo...howtoplayvideo

From 100 Rogues, 100 Trials pares away the roguelike mechanics and focuses creating on engaging combat encounters. Each of its 100 levels was designed to emphasize combat strategy, puzzle-solving, and exploration to different degrees, but almost all have a healthy dose of randomization that makes them a different experience to play each time.

To those unfamiliar with 100 Rogues, here's a bit about the game's combat. With very few exceptions, each character can take one action each turn. Since there is only one of you and roughly half a dozen monsters acting in a turn, turns are broken up into 2 phases, combat and movement, with all characters acting simultaneously within each. During the combat phase, your opponents can take melee attacks including bite, stabs, pushes, slashes, or swipes, ranged attacks like arrow shots, fireballs, nether bolts, or dodgeballs, or skills like teleport, summon monters, or regenerate health.

You will play as four player classes over the course of the game, including a brand new class to 100 Rogues verterans. Each of these classes has a set of skills they can use to help in combat, either to damage monsters in an area, heal, make monsters not attack, make traps or summon familiars.

The games' story is lite in the same manner of 100 Rogues, and is set in the same universe. Some Rogue has claimed that the last wild Satan has been killed, and your team of characters is on a journey to verify the claim as true by locating Satan's body. Just as 100 Rogues was a mild spoof on RPG stories, 100 Trials takes subtle jabs at sequel conventions as you learn more of the world by mastering the challenges.

Even doing speed runs of the game for completion before release, the game took me about a dozen hours to complete, start to finish, and even longer to achieve the mastery bonuses for each level. At $2, it's a fantastic deal for a well-crafted game.

Hope you all enjoy!
02-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

02-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Oooh! I love 100 Rogues, insta buying this!

GC - Eldyth
02-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Disregard.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 02-08-2012 at 10:09 AM.
02-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Thank you, Bazooka! As with 100 Rogues, our touch-to-move combat was designed to work its best when moving one turn at a time, as is usually the case when moving during combat around 5 or 6 enemies. The early challenges involve a lot of tutorial, and I can see where it is a bit less intuitive when moving around a large map, especially one as twisty as the first level.

100 Rogues Lead Developer

Openfeint, etc., high score name: Tyriku
You will not find me on high score boards.
02-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
Thank you, Bazooka! As with 100 Rogues, our touch-to-move combat was designed to work its best when moving one turn at a time, as is usually the case when moving during combat around 5 or 6 enemies. The early challenges involve a lot of tutorial, and I can see where it is a bit less intuitive when moving around a large map, especially one as twisty as the first level.
You're right and now that I think about it is just the early stages where the player is learning how to play. Once the game gets going, it works the way it should.

I am liking this a lot.
02-08-2012, 10:12 AM
!

awesomeee!!!!

will be getting this shortly

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Excellent!

Hate the icon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Excellent!

Hate the icon though.
Yeah, it's programmer art (mine). The artist has agreed to redo it, but we want to make sure it's stylistically consistent with the 100 Rogues icon, uses good color, etc. A cleaned up version will go into the games' first update.

100 Rogues Lead Developer

Openfeint, etc., high score name: Tyriku
You will not find me on high score boards.
02-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
Yeah, it's programmer art (mine). The artist has agreed to redo it, but we want to make sure it's stylistically consistent with the 100 Rogues icon, uses good color, etc. A cleaned up version will go into the games' first update.
Sorry to hate on your art.

Until then, I'd recommend people slice up one of these and replace the icon art with it:

Quick static shot of the above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 02-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.