Midnight Star [Unreal Engine/Shooter] by Industrial Toys

12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I doubt they can make "original" controls. Everything possible has been done already. I just hope they didn't add the accelerometer or gyro controls into this. Or (god forbid!) use of the front facing camera.
12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Oh, the dev (thewzrd) here is Mr. Tim Harris - founder and president of Industrial Toys. Nice to see you here, Tim!

I don't think this is an on-rail shooter. Industrial Toys said that their games are for hard-core gamers, and hard-core gamers never play on-rail shooters. Mr. Alex Seropian - CEO of Industrial Toys - also doesn't like that genre of shooter games. Therefore, I think Morning Star is not an on-rail shooter, but it has an innovative method of control. That's why Industrial Toys said this game would reimagine shooter games for mobile!

12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
My guess would be some form of camera motion detection with swipe.

The single player in Halo franchise has never been very good. I'll have to wait and see.
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I could see them using a mixture of accelerometer and swipe based combat. Something based off the acceleromter controls that RAGE used could be a starting point... only time will tell though
12-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofusoup View Post
My guess would be some form of camera motion detection with swipe.

The single player in Halo franchise has never been very good. I'll have to wait and see.
:O Gah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhoy View Post
Ask pbarillas how to make the character jump he's intelligent. He should answer. He sometimes doesn't answer though because he has other commitments like learning nursery rhymes, the alphabet and how to tie his shoe laces.
12-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
... Ah I guess you never really played it. I fell in live with Halo 1.
12-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Be purged, heretic.
12-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Seems on-rails to me, looking at that trailer. But on-rails are fine with me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
... Ah I guess you never really played it. I fell in live with Halo 1.
What did I start here . Not to get off topic of Morning Star.
For me Halo was always about the MP. I did play through 1, and a bit of 2, and all of 4 coop. Best moments in Halo 4 for me were in the mechs and vehicles. The Spec Ops were great.

I mean besides those things all you did was activate 3 of this, 5 of that...blah heh.
12-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Don't puke in a box just yet. It's not a carnival-fun-house rails shooter, no. (you know what I'm talking about). And it's not a free-roamer. But we take you in and out of control in (what we think) is a pretty cool, fun way. That's our whole focus with this control scheme-- satisfying fun and that feeling of "flow" you get when mastering well-designed games. You guys will have to judge for yourselves, but we'll want to hear all of that feedback as we go.

Last edited by thewzrd; 12-11-2012 at 06:47 PM.