Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewzrd View Post
Don't puke in a box just yet. It's not a carnival-fun-house rails shooter, no. (yo know what I'm talking about). And it's not a free-roamer. But we take you in and out of control in (what we think) is a pretty cool, fun way. That's our whole focus with this control scheme-- satisfying fun and that feeling of "flow" you get when mastering well-designed games. You guys will have to judge for yourselves, but we'll want to hear all of that feedback as we go.
I'm so pumped for this. I like the way your going with this. Welcome to TA and any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewzrd View Post
Don't puke in a box just yet. It's not a carnival-fun-house rails shooter, no. (you know what I'm talking about). And it's not a free-roamer. But we take you in and out of control in (what we think) is a pretty cool, fun way. That's our whole focus with this control scheme-- satisfying fun and that feeling of "flow" you get when mastering well-designed games. You guys will have to judge for yourselves, but we'll want to hear all of that feedback as we go.
All I can hope for is keep the on-rails stuff to a minimum. If that forms the majority of the gameplay, then be prepared for some really harsh ratings and reviews. If that is the case, you still have time to rethink your strategy.

Just an honest opinion of mine. A lot of games that have sought to make "innovative controls" have come in for some flak. Horn, Bladeslinger, Mass Effect among others. Mass Effect (it employed tap-to-shoot at the start) got so bad reviews it eventually included a manual aim update.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Adding in 3 screenshots. Somehow, I feel something's not right with these. Are they the final graphics? They graphics especially look "off" in the third screenshot.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:56 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

On rails or off I'm so excited about this. I encourage devs to try different things because I know one day something will come along that will have us all saying "I can't believe nobody thought of that until now"
Old 12-12-2012, 04:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

looks good and interesting...
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbridge View Post
On rails or off I'm so excited about this. I encourage devs to try different things because I know one day something will come along that will have us all saying "I can't believe nobody thought of that until now"
Nothing will replace the virtual joystick to move and swipe to look in shooters. Many tried to do something "better" and they all failed. Or at least it wont happen until some big hardware change (which I have doubt that it) will happen.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
Nothing will replace the virtual joystick to move and swipe to look in shooters. Many tried to do something "better" and they all failed. Or at least it wont happen until some big hardware change (which I have doubt that it) will happen.
For a traditional fps I agree with you, but they're talking about a on rails hybrid of some sort. This combined with a a new control scheme could really good. And that's what I encourage. Something different.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 PM

It overjoys me to no end that a real live science fiction author is doing the writing, (John Scalzi) but I have zero interest in attempting to play a FPS on my iPhone. Port it to OS X and I'll definitely give it a go.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarcat View Post
It overjoys me to no end that a real live science fiction author is doing the writing, (John Scalzi) but I have zero interest in attempting to play a FPS on my iPhone. Port it to OS X and I'll definitely give it a go.
John Scalzi is doing the plot? Super excited, I loved Old Man's War.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Looks more than amazing