Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 AM

Default Flick Tennis: College Wars HD out now!

Folks,

Introducing Flick Tennis: College Wars HD. A Stunning 3D tennis RPG with Comic-style story telling.

You can download the game from itunes: http://bit.ly/flicktennis

Here is the poster of the game and the attached screen shots.

Here is the iTunes Description:

Redefining the intensity, passion, speed and fun of the game of tennis. Experience a stunning tennis game unlike anything you have seen before. Intuitive flick controls makes gameplay simple yet incredibly deep, allowing you to make your own strategy. A comic book takes you to a journey in style, putting you in front to drive the story! Be aggressive, or attack the game on the net, destroy your opponent and become an unstoppable force on the court. Flaunt your skills and challenge your friends to a head to head multiplayer duel. Breathtaking 3D graphics, hyper-realistic physics and real-life animations takes the game to a whole new level.

Difficulty Variations
- 12 difficulty variations with 3 opponent levels (Beginner, Amateur, Professional) and 4 real-life tennis player types (Defensive Baseliner, Aggressive Baseliner, Volleyer and All-Court Player). Puts you in the center of the court just like in real-life tennis.

Controls:
- Intuitive swipe controls for ground-stokes, lob, slice, drop etc.
- Strategic control to move your player. ONLY After hitting your shot, tap to move your player. Attack the game with serve and volley or play safe at the baseline!
- One-touch camera. Select a camera you are most comfortable with while playing the game.
- Save your game if you want to play your current in-progress match at a later time.
- Play the interactive tutorials in the game to master the controls.

Live through a tennis fantasy in a comic book
Play role of a Tennis Prodigy who must fight for his survival and become the best college tennis player. Follow his quest of joy, anger, despair and jubilation as he makes friends and enemies as you drive through 35 pages of comic book across 11 episodes.

Game Modes
- Head to Head Multiplayer: Challenge your friends and family for a head to head multiplayer duel. Warning: Head to Head duels gets insanely intense
- Singles and Doubles match: Doubles adds a completely new dimension to the gameplay with fast-paced action!
- Exhibition: Unlimited hours of gameplay. Compete in the match with customized settings, players and stadium.

Stadiums and Characters:
- All 3 surface types (Grass, Clay and Synthetic) in 11 breathtaking tennis stadiums.
- 10 unique characters that comes to life in the comic book story.

Scoring:
- No tie-breaker in final set or a single set match. If the score of the games becomes 3-3 or 6-6, player needs to win by margin of 2 games.

Connect with us:
- Drop us a mail at support@rolocule.com for any feedback, suggestions etc.
- Join us on facebook.com/flicktennis and follow us on twitter.com/flicktennis for updates, contests and giveaways.
- You can also follow your favorite character in the game on twitter. Check the "Connect" section in the main menu.

Miscellaneous:
- If you do not want to play the story mode, you can unlock all the characters, modes, episodes and stadiums with one-time in app purchase of "Master Key"
- You can always gift this app by clicking on the down arrow in "Buy this App" button.
- If the game crashes, please restart your iPad.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://bit.ly/flicktennis

-------------------------------------------------
Rolocule Games

www.rolocule.com
www.twitter.com/rolocule
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot_FTCW_HD_1.jpg (125.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot_FTCW_HD_2.jpg (109.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot_FTCW_HD_3.jpg (149.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png screenshot_FTCW_HD_4.png (723.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot_FTCW_HD_5.jpg (144.4 KB, 333 views)
Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I bought this yesterday and I really like it. Controls are good and there seems to be good amount of content.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Thanks BazookaTime! Will be putting up a gameplay video soon.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://bit.ly/flicktennis

-------------------------------------------------
Rolocule Games

www.rolocule.com
www.twitter.com/rolocule
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Any chance of a Lite version anytime soon?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:38 PM

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15.Minutes of Gameplay. After reading the iTunes Store Page for this Game i thought that it would be just another Tennis Game but soon after i did realize that the Control System was really working and the Tutorial pretty much showed me everything i should know the Fun started and since the Games does even have some kind of Tennis Story were you are trying to live the Dream of your Dad and your own Life i was really impressed.

So far the only Change i would have done would be the Title Screen since it doesn`t really fit into the hole Comic-Tennis-Dream-Adventure. It would have been a lot better if they had used one of the Comic Pages for the Title Screen since it would have fit much more into the Game instead of those Render-Puppets.

Sanuku
TouchGameplay
Old 08-15-2011, 03:28 PM

Thanks Sanaku for the review and the video.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I bought the game last night after reading this thread.

I'm a bit disappointed, as the game have a IMO serious flaw:
You can't control the speed of the ball when you hit it, and even the direction when you hit the ball is not very precise at all.

I guess with an update the games detection of where you try to place the ball can be corrected, which is sorely needed, but I think it will be much harder for the Devs to make the game work with a way for the player to control how hard he hit the ball.

I probably had too high expectations, since the game is an okay game in it's own right, I've just been searching high and low after a good and somewhat "realistic" tennis game on the AppStore. This wasn't it, but it's a fun, if a bit underwhelming game.

Last edited by Bytebrain; 08-16-2011 at 05:54 AM..
Old 08-16-2011, 03:53 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I think this game is fantastic and is easily one of the best tennis games in the store !!!
Silky smooth gameplay and polished with great controls. The visuals are great and the characters have a lot of style.
Graphically, the game is impressive, with real life animations & physics, 11 beautifully detailed stadiums and a very interesting comic book with storyline !!
This is an easy recommend for me as the best tennis game for iPad !!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 AM

Default Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
I bought the game last night after reading this thread.

I'm a bit disappointed, as the game have a IMO serious flaw:
You can't control the speed of the ball when you hit it, and even the direction when you hit the ball is not very precise at all.

I guess with an update the games detection of where you try to place the ball can be corrected, which is sorely needed, but I think it will be much harder for the Devs to make the game work with a way for the player to control how hard he hit the ball.

I probably had too high expectations, since the game is an okay game in it's own right, I've just been searching high and low after a good and somewhat "realistic" tennis game on the AppStore. This wasn't it, but it's a fun, if a bit underwhelming game.
ByteBrain: Thanks for the feedback, the accuracy of the direction of the shot depends on how close you swipe from the position of the player. The feedback on force of the shot is noted and we will try to work on it in our update. Cheers
Old 08-17-2011, 02:08 AM

Default Gameplay footage!

Long overdue

Youtube link | Pop Up