Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Okay....wtf is going on with the difficulty here?

I've played Majesty + The Northern Expansion and Majesty 2 on PC. I've beaten all of the levels on the highest difficulties. By all counts, I am a super veteran player of these games. Not just experienced, but master level skill at this.

But this iteration is just ridiculous. Anyone who is not a warrior dies in two seconds. Getting rangers, mages, and even dwarves is basically throwing your money away on medium and hard. for new players it's a waste even on easy.

On medium difficulty the monster spawn rate to hero ratio is 6:1. On hard it is 10:1. Yes, you read that right-- my warriors are literally surrounded on all sides by gigantic mobs on the very first level. My tax collectors are all wiped out instantly, and the AI is at least a few degrees worse than the first iOS game, so my heroes never defend any buildings. It is not humanly possible to beat even the first level unless you spend loads of money on the premium currency for cheats. Even the best player cannot outpace the rate at which these monsters are spawning. Period. It's impossible.

Seriously what is going on here? Because the first majesty iOS game was not like this at all...this is extremely poor balancing. I'm really disappointed
As a veteran Majesty player (PC) I have agree... In fact even felt that the first (iOS) Majesty seemed to have tweaked the balance from the PC version as well in my opinion
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM
iPhone 5s

yeap, after playing some levels i should say the game is too difficult. spawning rates are actually very high and the first port is definitely more balanced and playable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I am sorry to hear this. I would rather have the first one ported properly than to have another one ported poorly.
maybe it is ok on ipad but fonts and some ui elements are just too small on iphone like in the first game too.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I've tried first two levels, difficulty was rised indeed. But the worst is item mall, which can be used to buy one time powerups.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Third level, easy difficulty - I was overwhelmed by swarms of monsters. Definitly undoable without iaps. What a waste.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 AM

Pity, the PC and previous iPad version was fun and well balanced.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 PM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotovsky View Post
Third level, easy difficulty - I was overwhelmed by swarms of monsters. Definitly undoable without iaps. What a waste.
if you mean of course the easiest setting that it's actually playable, in that mission you just need at some point to send all heroes to deal with wizard.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

What build order you have used?

I know that I must destroy wiz castle, but all my heroes are forced to defend my base from monster hordes. Also there is magic attacks killing any hero and stuff in one blast.

Last edited by Kotovsky; 12-16-2012 at 01:53 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 06:04 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotovsky View Post
What build order you have used?

I know that I must destroy wiz castle, but all my heroes are forced to defend my base from monster hordes. Also there is magic attacks killing any hero and stuff in one blast.
well just important is to produce a lot of advanced warriors, and when the wizard starts casting spells just build the statue and set all money as reward. so the base is not important. i dont remember what i built but if the paladins are available than them. because they are really better than other heroes. so it would be like - blacksmith, market. then warrior guilds and corresponding shrine, upgrading castle. then upgrading all stuff in market and blacksmith. and when wizard starts attacking you - just all in. but of course no spending money on other guilds, they are useless. should work on easy. on medium it looks impossible without cheats.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM

Attention to everybody! Here's the third mission's walkthrough
It'll surely help those who get stuck.
Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWLlHzYqEV4
Old 12-19-2012, 08:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Thanks for the tip.

Looks like this is the only workable build order as you should build up before day 20 when wizard kill all heroes in one shot.

This talks a lot about game balance. My rating will stay on "1 star" mark until at least "easy dufficulty" became easy, not "hard" as it's now.