★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Guitar Hero/Rock Band for iPhone?

06-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Guitar Hero/Rock Band for iPhone?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (at least on this site), but does anyone know if there's ever going to be an official Guitar Hero or Rock Band app for the iPhone/iTouch?

With the huge success of the Appstore and everything, it just seems like a no-brainer for the developers of those franchises.
06-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I find it kind of pointless with out a guitar or drum controller. Play tap tap revenge.

06-26-2009, 11:01 AM
The closest you will get is guitar rock tour 1 & 2(2 hasn't been released yet), as they have drums and guitar and have officially licensed songs

Beta tested: Parallelus, Galactic Gunner, Crazy Snowboard, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
What? They make games for the iPhone/iPod Touch?
lmao
06-26-2009, 11:01 AM
There's already guitar hero world tour available from the app store. But why pay for that when tap tap revenge 2 is free
06-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevainsworth View Post
There's already guitar hero world tour available from the app store. But why pay for that when tap tap revenge 2 is free
The difference with TapTap and Guitar/DJ tour apps is that the music is altered by the mistakes you make ...

Its more a guitar hero experience
06-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevainsworth View Post
Actually, there is no official guitar hero game, what you are probably thinking of is the gameloft made guitar rock tour.

Beta tested: Parallelus, Galactic Gunner, Crazy Snowboard, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
What? They make games for the iPhone/iPod Touch?
lmao
06-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synagence View Post
The difference with TapTap and Guitar/DJ tour apps is that the music is altered by the mistakes you make ...

Its more a guitar hero experience
That's exactly why a real Guitar Hero/Rock Band game would be so successful.

Don't get me wrong, i like the Tap Tap series, but there's just something about the music cutting out when you miss a note that's so much better. Maybe it's a motivating factor. I dunno

BTW, i beat the first Guitar Rock Tour long ago, and am currently awaiting the release of GRT 2. I just wondered if there would ever be an OFFICIAL Guitar Hero app.
06-26-2009, 11:29 AM
I kind of like the fact that the music gets distored when you mess up in the Tap Tap series.
06-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Closest to guitar hero?

Well tap tap is free, but the songs can nowhere compare to a more GH like game such as guitar rock tour released by gameloft, however beatrider i would say is the closest to guitar hero not so much in the style, but difficulty. Tap tap has three note catchers, guitar rock tour 4, and beatrider 5 which has the ability to add your songs even though it really doesnt follow the guitar like tap tap.
06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Let's face it. Tap Ta Revenge sucks out loud. It's detection is terrible and it lags constantly. And it only has three inputs. Thats ridiculously easy, or at least, it would be if the detection was better. That being said, it is free, and it has a nice variety of licensed tunes, alot of them actually good, like Death Cab and Daft Punk. The problem with Guitar Rock Tour is that, yes the music is licensed, but it's all terrible covers of the songs. I wouldn't pay for that crap. I actually like to listen to the music in my rhythm games. If you want a solid rhthym game, I'd go the way of BeatRider. Your own music, five inputs, and a hell of alot of challenge. And while it may not be melodically based, it's still fun.

Now. About Guitar Hero & Rock Band. I'm almost certain that neither of them will make a version for the iPhone, as they both have investments in other mobile platforms. Guitar Hero is on the DS, and Rock Band is on the PSP. So this basically rules out the iPhone as an option. Sorry.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

Last edited by skamando; 06-26-2009 at 01:24 PM.