★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

So how many people bought 10+ apps in the past week?

06-26-2009, 11:56 AM
So how many people bought 10+ apps in the past week?

I normally only occasionally buy apps. But with all the sales going around, I've been going on an app buying frenzy.

I bought about 30 apps in the past week (the only one I paid over $4 for were EDGE and Quantum Collapse)!! And I love most of them.

Who else has gone on an app buying frenzy thanks to all the sales going on?
06-26-2009, 12:03 PM
I actually think that if you polish your indie app and make it top notch, you'll actually benefit from the current sale frenzys.

I've been going on an app buying craze thanks to all the price drops. And I've had good experiences since I was getting fantastic games for low prices. It was very psychologically reinforcing. So I just kept buying more apps, anything discussed on the forums that was under $3 basically.

And many of the apps I wound up buying are polished ones from indie developers.

If what I was buying was $60 retail games, then no, I would never buy more than one per month.

But I can easily justify spending $60 buying a ton of quality games that are all around $2 or so.

A rising tide lifts all boats and what not.

Just make sure your app is well presented and polished and has some gameplay variety to make it fun, and you'll do great.

06-26-2009, 12:06 PM
For console games ($60),I try to limit myself to one every couple months. Same thing for my touch (as in try to spend $60 every couple months), I try not to get a craving to buy all the games because I know I wont be playing them long. Buy one game and enjoy it for as long as you can.
06-26-2009, 12:07 PM
You have 2 accounts or something and logged in under the wrong one and responded to your own question?
Sure seems that way.....

Edit - This is intended at wikoogle for both posts (#1 and #2)
06-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to Gizmoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
You have 2 accounts or something and logged in under the wrong one and responded to your own question?
Sure seems that way.....

Edit - This is intended at wikoogle for both posts (#1 and #2)
lol...yep u seem rite
06-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Console games - At least two per month, if not more
App Store - Don't really keep count, I just try to make sure I don't waste my money on apps I won't like later
DS/PSP - Same as console games
06-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Mr. Charley, lol no.

The second was actually my post to a thread of a dev asking how he can compete with all the influx of big budget games selling for .99 cents.

I figured my reply worked very well in this thread too so I just posted it here as well.
06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
I have easily =) but i'm a first time iDevice owner with the release of the 3GS, so i've been buying like crazy and trying to catch up on all the years of gaming i've missed on this platform =)
06-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Easily that many. But with all the 3gs sales and quality apps dropped to free... I spent maybe 6 bucks. So... yeah. Awesome.
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacool561 View Post
I have easily =) but i'm a first time iDevice owner with the release of the 3GS, so i've been buying like crazy and trying to catch up on all the years of gaming i've missed on this platform =)
The AppStore has been out for a month. One (1). Singular.

I probably have before, but after giving myself a limited budget, I've been able to control my urges. I usually end up annoyed at over half of my purchases, so I'm usually pretty careful.