★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Risky Bee is switching up the highscore-chasing formula, by putting you in charge of when your score gets submitted!

Collect honeycombs to increase your score, as you navigate through 10 obstacles at a time with an ever-increasing speed. Then decide if you want to risk it and keep playing to increase your current score, or submit your score and start over. But be careful... if you hit an obstacle, your current score resets to 0!

* Compete with players around the world on a Game Center leaderboard!
* Brag about your new Best Score by sharing it on Facebook or Twitter!
* Test your skill by trying to unlock all 10 Achievements!
* iCloud saves your current game and Best Score. Start a game on one device, then pick up where you left off on another!
* Listen to the game's music or your own, you have full control over audio levels.
* Free to play with unobtrusive ads. If you're feeling generous, you can remove them for $1.

Matt33's comments:

07-20-2016, 07:10 PM
This looks fantastic and by one of our own Matt33!!! I will be playing this one later today. Can't wait!

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker

07-21-2016, 01:58 AM
Congrats Matt on your first release, good luck with your game.

Got all the Achievements now, just beated my score of 255 to 266.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 07-21-2016 at 03:55 AM.
07-21-2016, 06:01 AM
^ What he said

I was blown away to find out that Matt had self-taught himself to make games. The attention to detail in this high score chaser is unbelievable. I tested and tested and lo and behold, Matt didn't miss a trick.

You move up, down, and forward automatically as you make your way through each short section. At the end of each section you can submit your score and quit, or "Risk It" and continue on. If you risk it and die, your score is reset and you have to try again. It's a really neat idea that I haven't seen before (at least not that I can remember). The amount of polish and a really neat scoring system set Risky Bee apart from similar looking titles.

There are leaderboards and achievements to track, which is very cool, as well as flawless iCloud syncing, and an ad removal option for a mere $0.99. This is Matt's 1st game, let's support him!

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 07-21-2016 at 06:04 AM.
07-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Thank you guys for testing, the reviews, and support, it means a lot! And congrats on the new score Roger
07-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
Thank you guys for testing, the reviews, and support, it means a lot! And congrats on the new score Roger
Thanks Matt, got 328 now, but wanna see how far I can come, the bee is really fast after 300 points.
07-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Thanks Matt, got 328 now, but wanna see how far I can come, the bee is really fast after 300 points.
You're not gonna let Roger beat you at your own game, are you Matt?

Awesome score as usual, Roger! I think Matt's just going easy on all of us. I'll get a review up on the App Store later today.

It sure would be nice to have more than nine people on the leaderboard. >>hint hint wink wink<<
07-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
You're not gonna let Roger beat you at your own game, are you Matt?

Awesome score as usual, Roger! I think Matt's just going easy on all of us. I'll get a review up on the App Store later today.

It sure would be nice to have more than nine people on the leaderboard. >>hint hint wink wink<<
The only game I was in front of Matt was Inch By Inch all other games he is better than me, don't think he wanna be number one at his own game though ha ha.
07-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
The only game I was in front of Matt was Inch By Inch all other games he is better than me, don't think he wanna be number one at his own game though ha ha.
Interesting! You guys are both iOS rock stars in my mind =P

Just noticed another little detail amongst the loads of others that Matt included: when you pause the game, a little arrow shows which direction you were moving so you can be prepared when you start back up.

I'm afraid people look at this thinking its a flappylike or whatever. I hope it'll get a bit more attention when people realize the likeness is only skin-deep. What continues to blow me away is the amount attention to detail and love that obviously went into making this.
07-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Interesting! You guys are both iOS rock stars in my mind =P

Just noticed another little detail amongst the loads of others that Matt included: when you pause the game, a little arrow shows which direction you were moving so you can be prepared when you start back up.

I'm afraid people look at this thinking its a flappylike or whatever. I hope it'll get a bit more attention when people realize the likeness is only skin-deep. What continues to blow me away is the amount attention to detail and love that obviously went into making this.
Well the true rockstar is AndyC83 of course, he is on the game but with 105 points only, I am watching you Andy.