Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
Due to german localization issues removed from appstore in D, A and CH for the time being...
Hm...what does that mean?
No release in DE?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuutsch View Post
Hm...what does that mean?
No release in DE?
No now but later! There are some parts wrong in the German translation ...
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 AM

extremely stupid, cos i'm in germany but want the english version anyway
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 AM

Playing on the iPad 3 - looks very good on 2x mode. If you like this game don't let the iPhone version make you shy away.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsy View Post
Playing on the iPad 3 - looks very good on 2x mode. If you like this game don't let the iPhone version make you shy away.
Oh cool. While I helped test it, I never got to play it on my iPad 3 so this is nice to know.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

It is really ugly in my iPad mini, I hope to grab the universal update soon!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I'm going to wait for the universal update before picking this up. Hopefully we'll have TtA and AF mp by then.
Seconded... Also, I play on iPad, I like all my board game apps on iPad with a design that takes advantage of that. I also have to agree with the comment a page back about some of these translations removing the board from board games... Having everything compact is nice, but I like the feel of playing a board game in digital form and not a streamlined game in graphical spreadsheet form to the point it loses that aesthetic board game feel. I guess that makes me a board game snob or purist but for me personally, I'd like to have a board to actually play on... Or at least a virtual one!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

I'm playing on a retina iPad, and generally dislike playing iPhone apps at 2X. I'm admittedly a bit of a snob when it comes to the sharpness and clarity of apps. There's always that twinge of disappointment when I boot up Lost Cities on it. But I have to say, maybe due to the art style, this is the best looking 2X app I've played on my device. You can still tell it's a 2X app (it's a little blurrier than a native retina app, and of course the screen is cropped), but I am surprised at how well it holds up.

On my wife's iPad 2, on the other hand, it doesn't look so great. Much of the text is very difficult to read, and of course, the assets are blurry.

But if you have a retina-enabled iPad, I think you'll be sufficiently happy with how this one looks until they come out with a formal universal build.

While I generally think this is a great adaption of the game, but there is one big annoyance. It could be due to me playing it 2X on my iPad, but when I drag a worker to the board, it doesn't appear directly under my finger (as I'd expect) but about an inch behind it. I have to make accommodations when dragging/dropping, and it's resulted in a few misplaced workers. Wouldn't be as big of deal if the game had an "Undo" function. Note I haven't tried playing on my iPhone yet, so not sure if that issue persists on it's "native" device.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

This game implementation is top-notch I totally recommend it! Seriously I still have to play online but the use of the small iPhone screen is amazing!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteaineDranix View Post
The game is easy enough to understand with no prior experience if you read the manual. I lost my first match horribly, but at least I know why, and I know what I could have done better.

If I liked this, would it be probable that I'd like Caylus as well? They're both worker placement board games, but if I buy Caylus, it means I'll be a dollar short for the upcoming Carcassone expansion.
If you like board games at all I would absolutely say get Caylus. My opinion is a bit biased because Caylus is one of favorite games, and the app does an excllent job of recreating it. Of course it is a Euro game, worker placement, with some of the same flavour as Stone Age. Although it's complex for some and may take a little bit to learn, not too much though
I don't feel the Carcassone exp. add much value for the cost. With Caylus you get a whole new game, plus you can still play Carc and get the expansion another time.
Edit: Although Caylus does go on sale periodically I believe for 2.99 or something. So you may wanna Watch List it, still worth every penny at 4.99

Last edited by drloony; 12-12-2012 at 12:49 PM..