★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Music IQ ($1.99)

06-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Music IQ ($1.99)

Appshopper showed me Music IQ for free today. Edit: Price is now $1.99.
I d/l it from the AppStore and found it quite entertaining.
It plays from the own iPod music library* a song and you have to guess the name of that song. Easy if you have only a couple of songs, difficult if you got masses of songs and only hear them from time to time.

*: Therefore only for OS 3.0!!

EDIT: From AppShopper.com
-------------------------------------
Music iQ - Free for a limited time!

Music iQ is the hottest new music quiz on the iPhone!

How well do you know your own music library? Music iQ tests your music knowledge, to see if you're an expert or an amateur!

Music iQ plays a clip of a song from your music library, and you have to guess the song title before time runs out. The longer you take, the less points you get, so you'd better think fast! Take the music quiz and see what your Music iQ is!

Check out the awesome game play video on our website! http://www.phase2games.com

Please note: Music iQ requires iPhone OS 3.0, so that it can access your music library.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by Prab; 08-10-2009 at 12:03 PM.
06-26-2009, 12:20 PM
So it's like the default game 'music quiz' on iPod Nanos.
Look's good. Thanks for telling us about it.

edit - I just downloaded it and tried it out, and it is excellent. The overall quality of the app is outstanding and the way the album cover is dispayed afterwards is clever. I would really recommend downloading this app, after all it is free. I would happily pay £0.59 -£1.79 for it though.

Hakuna Matata

Last edited by LBG; 06-26-2009 at 12:26 PM.

06-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Wow, this is truly the best music quiz game on the app store that I have ever played. It has a decent sized clip, it's multiple choice, scoring for how fast you get an answer, and best of all it lets you continue listening to the song. I would have definitely paid 0.99-1.99 for this, but for free it's a no brainer.

06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to chrisrushing
Yeah i saw this via PandoraBox last night.
I snagged it, but haven't played it yet.
06-26-2009, 12:44 PM
It's free for a limited time so its gonna be a dollar soon

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
06-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Wow, this is truly the best music quiz game on the app store that I have ever played. It has a decent sized clip, it's multiple choice, scoring for how fast you get an answer, and best of all it lets you continue listening to the song. I would have definitely paid 0.99-1.99 for this, but for free it's a no brainer.
I agree, it's much better than "Jukebox" that I paid $0.99 for 2 days ago. I really like the retro style of this one and it doesn't show you the artwork before you select the song.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
06-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Whoa there's even another awesome feature where you can block unwanted songs from the quiz! So if I a ton of stuff I rarely listen to I can block the albums, artist, song, and more.

06-26-2009, 12:55 PM
thanks for the tip... just picked it up.
06-26-2009, 01:32 PM
I have nothing like this on my iTouch yet so i will be picking this up now. The video demo looks awesome!
06-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
And I just picked up Jukebox! THAT COST A DOLLAR! Oh well, this looks kinda nice. I'll check it out.

Impressions: WOW!!!!
This is ultimately superior to Jukebox. Cleaner, prettier interface, allows for longer play of songs, has five initial choices, doesn't show the album until after the question has been answered, and it lets you continue to play the song if you want to hear more. Everything that was wrong in Jukebox has been fixed in Music IQ
The only thing that Jukebox has on this is that Music IQ does not allow you to test yourself on a specific artist.
Still it's a much better game.
GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!!

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

Last edited by skamando; 06-26-2009 at 02:00 PM.