Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-03-2012, 04:59 PM
ThreeCubes's Avatar
ThreeCubes ThreeCubes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 732
Default Itunes voucher deals, are iTunes Store cards world wide?

If you buy a iTunes Store card is it world wide. I.e for a promotion offer can I buy App Store gift card in the uk (tesco/safeway) and still give the code on the back to somebody in the USA?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
EXM-Matt EXM-Matt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to EXM-Matt
Default

I checked the back of my card and it says valid in Canadian iTunes Store only. It might be different with other cards though... I'm guessing not.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
ThreeCubes's Avatar
ThreeCubes ThreeCubes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXM-Matt View Post
I checked the back of my card and it says valid in Canadian iTunes Store only. It might be different with other cards though... I'm guessing not.
I thought as much, so all of those promo competitions are restricted to the US. Some do state US only but not all.

So I can only do a UK based competition like that I guess to promote my app
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Hercule's Avatar
Hercule Hercule is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
I thought as much, so all of those promo competitions are restricted to the US. Some do state US only but not all.

So I can only do a UK based competition like that I guess to promote my app
Maybe you can buy a US itunes store card on ebay ?
But I don't know if it's authorized or safe.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 AM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 8,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
So I can only do a UK based competition like that I guess to promote my app
Please do ! A while back i won an american Itunes voucher and couldnt use it as i live in the UK.

Be nice if a dev had a competition where the winner got a UK itunes voucher not a US one !
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Please do ! A while back i won an american Itunes voucher and couldnt use it as i live in the UK.

Be nice if a dev had a competition where the winner got a UK itunes voucher not a US one !

How about just making an US account?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:19 AM
ThreeCubes's Avatar
ThreeCubes ThreeCubes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
How about just making an US account?
I'm not sure I can create a us account with a uk credit card?

We will run the competition for the uk psj3809, it will be for "The Woods" game
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Tannorexic Tannorexic is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somewhere in the spiritual realm
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
I'm not sure I can create a us account with a uk credit card?

We will run the competition for the uk psj3809, it will be for "The Woods" game
Obi don't need a CC to make an account. Just log out of the a.s then click on a game that's free, then it says "use existing account or create new" press create new, when it asks for payment method select none, you'll have to google the correct postcode and stuff for your fake address though. I have many accounts in diff regions.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 PM
netstrada netstrada is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Default itunes

Did you tried buy itunes cards from 4saleusa.com ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 AM
ThreeCubes's Avatar
ThreeCubes ThreeCubes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 732
Default

Thanks all this is sorted now and we an get us cards fine


Thanks
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent