Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

AI "handicaps". In looking at the code, if the IQ is high enough to hit the (diabolical) level, then at the start it will give the AI information about all the planets in the galaxy. This allows the AI to do a better job of picking targets and planning which planets to go after.

If you don't hit that high level, but have "Best Buddies" set, then the computer players will automatically share information between them.

Also, the higher level opponents will target Humans ahead of computer players -- but will still beat up on other computer opponents. They just prefer to beat up on players first.

Those handicaps give the AI more information than the player has, but also isn't cheating (like much higher Tech levels or anything). It definitely doesn't feel like it is cheating, though you definitely feel like you are getting beat up at times.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
iPad

Makes sense. Thanks. I started a game (against medium-level AIs) but I realized there is a lot of stuff I don't even know how it works yet. Will take me time to build up to the better opponents.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Makes sense. Thanks. I started a game (against medium-level AIs) but I realized there is a lot of stuff I don't even know how it works yet. Will take me time to build up to the better opponents.
I still play on lower level opponents, cause I seemed to get crushed more often than not on the higher level. I know some of my strategy isn't the best, but I love playing it at slightly lower so I can crush them Nothing like sending a fleet of a bazillion dreadnoughts to go wipe up your opponents.

Even though they are old http://deltatao.com/ho/ho4faq/ and http://www.deltatao.com/ho/ho/ are pretty useful. We are working on getting them and the manual updated to the iPad version.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Version 1.0.2 Released!

http://bit.ly/spacewardho

The 1.0.2 version of Spaceward Ho is released. Please be sure to re-review and rate the application, since all the reviews and ratings go away. There are a ton of fixes based on feedback in here/twitter/itunes.

thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

WOWZERS!!!! AWESOME update! Thanks so much!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophercotton View Post
If you have UI issues, please let us know about them. The 1.0.2 version we just released will update some of the issues people have had, and we are working to redoing some of the design to be better. The big issue was that we have had people who have played the Mac version quite well and now are getting more feedback on how it is for a new player.
I completely missed this post, my apologies!

My main issue was finding all of the options under the menu button. I missed it completely. So, when FAQ's talked about abandoning planets, I didn't know how etc.

The Tech Sliders were small for my fingers, so I used a stylus when I was adjusting them.

Those are the main complaints. Now that I know they're there, I'm good. I'll let you know if anything else pops up
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by athros View Post
I completely missed this post, my apologies!

My main issue was finding all of the options under the menu button. I missed it completely. So, when FAQ's talked about abandoning planets, I didn't know how etc.

The Tech Sliders were small for my fingers, so I used a stylus when I was adjusting them.

Those are the main complaints. Now that I know they're there, I'm good. I'll let you know if anything else pops up
Can you try out the 1.0.2 version and the sliders that we have in there? I updated the size, and also made the selection quite a bit easier. See if you can use your finger on those.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

K, just had to come back and say thanks again. This update is great, definitely makes the game feel smoother. I haven't experienced any of the crashes others have been... But I do get a lot of crashes if I make it so that more resources are put into technology as opposed to savings, almost always crashing the first turn if I put tech up too high.

But it seems to be alright now. I've only started one new game since the update though, so we'll see.

But the long list of other tweaks are great. Especially deselecting a selected planet, and the size of the sliders.

So thank you. =oD
Old 04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
iPad 2

Very tempted to get this. Is it lighter than Starbase Orion, or do they scratch the same itch?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

The game looks like it is simpler because of the graphics and due the fact that you can learn the rules easy within 15 minutes ... but be warned: The more you play it the deeper you can plan your tactics ...