Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Not sure about those numbers but in Quest Medley mode ("Music Stages" -> red button in lower right) you can unlock cards as well as "illusive" scores (i.e. alternate note patterns) for the songs you already have. I'm fairly certain you can't unlock new songs.
That makes sense. I've only been playing individual songs and haven't tried the Quest Medley stuff yet. (not entirely true...I tried one and failed on the third song ).

Quote:
I don't think you can swap. They don't just power up; those abilities will come and go as your characters level up seems kinda random. Except for healing (which of course can save you from game overs) none of the traveling/fighting/rpg elements seem to do anything.
Do you actively trigger skills (i.e. healing) or does it happen automatically?

Quote:
It seems like they took out a lot of stuff, too. According to gamefaqs the 3DS version had items which I don't see any sign of here.
Bummed they took out the FMV sequences...I was looking forward to watching those.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

By the way for Quest Medley if you die that ends that quest completely. Very harsh if you're on quest 19 out of 20. You can avoid this by pausing and doing retry or return to quest menu.

Skills trigger automatically. For healing usually x% chance of healing y% when you go below z% health. The Lance ability seems handy - heals every time that character does a Good or better hit.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to JayuZmaN Send a message via Yahoo to JayuZmaN

need help here...
i can't download the songs...

this message keeps popping in...
'data could not be uploaded to the server'

anyone can help ? thanks...
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm going to go out on a limb and say either try again later, reset device, or don't be jail broken?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:42 AM

Sigh... I can't run this on my old ipad...

Did they really get rid of all the EMS (the portion with the footage from the actual game)?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinypupy View Post
Mandatory comment on the IAP: I quite like the way they've structured this IAP, as it allows me to buy the songs I actually want, instead of having a bunch that I like and a bunch (mainly from the older games) that I'll never actually play. Then again, I don't really care about additional characters, and can see how folks might be pissed it that's what they want.

A couple questions:

1. In the download store, there's a number next to each game, typically something like 1/59. I only see one bundle and a few individual tracks for each game available for purchase, so I'm not sure what that number refers to. Do additional tracks get unlocked as you play?

2. There's a "view collection" option from the main screen. It looks like you collect cards of some sort, but after spending a couple hours with the game and clearing 20+ scores, it's still empty. Is there a trick to this?

3. Are you able to swap out abilities for different characters, or do you only get 2 set abilities that level up as you play? And do these abilities really make any difference?

TIA
1. the number indicates the number of tracks available for the FF series against the total number of tracks for that certain type of IAP (single tracks, bundle tracks or characters) e.g. FF1 (the series) has available track for IAP and a number like this 1/59 meaning one track (for FF1 series)/fifty-nine total available tracks for the single track IAP..in short the first number (1) indicates the available track for the series while the second number (59) indicates the total tracks available for sale in the single track category IAP.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

That makes sense, thanks.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I expected this to happen. I did NOT expect the crazy amount of DLC, but seems like purchasing all the bundles would sum up to the price of the 3DS game, so it's fair I guess.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
That's what I'm talking about!!!!! Instadownload!!! Any info for the iaps?
$1,99 for each new character, $2,99 for bundle packaged songs, or $0,99 for one song
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

This game is quite good for a rhythm game... Nice control and simple... I like action based rhythm game actually, unfortunately, we only got 2 songs, I don't mind about the characters, but at least give us 5-6 songs, and please decrease the size, its kinda big, 636mb after installed...
Delete this first, and will install it again after new update.