★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-13-2012, 06:31 AM
The single songs and bundles are different. Its $147.03 for all songs and characters.
12-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Does not work on ITouch 4. F****** stupid. ITouch 5 barely just came out and now newer games are already siphoning out the 4.

12-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagicjesus View Post
Does not work on ITouch 4. F****** stupid. ITouch 5 barely just came out and now newer games are already siphoning out the 4.
Not this again... The iTouch 4 is 2 years old now, that's centuries in hardware land. Blame apple for the stupid decision of only putting 256mb worth of RAM in them if anything.
12-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Screw squeenix first the world ends with you now this damn update to work with touch 4
12-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagicjesus View Post
The 4th-gen iPod Touch was obsolete and being excluded for months before the 5th-gen device was even announced; I still have mine, but I'm damn glad I picked up a 4th-gen iPad.

While this particular game isn't anything special presentation-wise, the sooner developers stop hamstringing and compromising the forward motion of mobile gaming by continuing to cater to such a monumentally outdated and underpowered device as the 4th-gen iPod Touch, the better.

Now, the unfortunate situation where developers are cutting off support for perfectly compatible 5th-gen iPod Touches solely in order to avoid 1-star reviews from people with outdated 4th-gen devices who for some reason have trouble comprehending "DOES NOT WORK ON 4TH-GENERATION IPOD TOUCHES!", that's something that does need to be addressed.

Last edited by Appletini; 12-13-2012 at 07:20 AM.
12-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Hey, here's a crazy idea...can we talk about the GAME? Maybe leave the discussion of how Square Enix is an evil money grubbing monolith for somewhere else, like maybe the entire rest of the Internet?

To me, the biggest seller for this as an iOS game is the inclusion of the Medley Quest mode. This gives the game a semblance of a story mode, which the DS version did not have. Also, there's an entire composition mode which seems immense...so much so that I've ignored it so far in favor of the traditional gameplay. There also is the inclusion of the illusive score, which I haven't even gotten to yet. This isn't just a straight port. They added features, backgrounds, characters, songs, modes, etc. to make this stand out as something worth investing in (IMO, of course) for this platform.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I'm seriously considering purchasing a few song packs on here despite owning the 3DS game and a dozen or so DLC tracks. This looks to have quite a number of nice additions.
12-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
They added features, backgrounds, characters, songs, modes, etc. to make this stand out as something worth investing in (IMO, of course) for this platform.
I'm not particularly interested in most of the songs, to be honest, but I did immediately grab the "Ending Theme" from FFVIII ("Eyes on Me" and all). I loved the fact that as your character walks along the field for that song (and I'd entirely coincidentally chosen Squall as leader, which worked out nicely), you see the swirling clouds of pink petals, and the Garden swoops in from overhead, bringing to mind the final cutscene of that game; I really appreciate the little things like that.

Pity there's no "1000 Words" from FFX-2, though.
12-13-2012, 07:46 AM
The game is fun. I really like it. I am a big music rhythm game fan. However, only two songs to start with without the ability to unlock more songs though achievements? I am dissapointed that if I want any new content in the game other than the two songs than I have to purchase it. If I were to buy a song pack, play those two or three songs a couple times, than what? Still nothing to unlock, unless you pay again and again and again. To compete in the IOS gaming industry, they are going to have to play on the same field. I really want to enjoy this game and play all the songs, but I am not going to keep buying additional songs just to keep the game fresh. There is no sense of progression. If I have to pay to progress, it is cheating.
12-13-2012, 08:22 AM
im glad they got rid of the fmv songs, those somehow bored me on the 3ds. The other two modes are much more engaging and fun.