★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Skinypupy View Post
Mandatory comment on the IAP: I quite like the way they've structured this IAP, as it allows me to buy the songs I actually want, instead of having a bunch that I like and a bunch (mainly from the older games) that I'll never actually play. Then again, I don't really care about additional characters, and can see how folks might be pissed it that's what they want.

A couple questions:

1. In the download store, there's a number next to each game, typically something like 1/59. I only see one bundle and a few individual tracks for each game available for purchase, so I'm not sure what that number refers to. Do additional tracks get unlocked as you play?

2. There's a "view collection" option from the main screen. It looks like you collect cards of some sort, but after spending a couple hours with the game and clearing 20+ scores, it's still empty. Is there a trick to this?

3. Are you able to swap out abilities for different characters, or do you only get 2 set abilities that level up as you play? And do these abilities really make any difference?

1. the number indicates the number of tracks available for the FF series against the total number of tracks for that certain type of IAP (single tracks, bundle tracks or characters) e.g. FF1 (the series) has available track for IAP and a number like this 1/59 meaning one track (for FF1 series)/fifty-nine total available tracks for the single track IAP..in short the first number (1) indicates the available track for the series while the second number (59) indicates the total tracks available for sale in the single track category IAP.
12-13-2012, 11:59 AM
That makes sense, thanks.

12-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I expected this to happen. I did NOT expect the crazy amount of DLC, but seems like purchasing all the bundles would sum up to the price of the 3DS game, so it's fair I guess.
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
That's what I'm talking about!!!!! Instadownload!!! Any info for the iaps?
$1,99 for each new character, $2,99 for bundle packaged songs, or $0,99 for one song
12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
This game is quite good for a rhythm game... Nice control and simple... I like action based rhythm game actually, unfortunately, we only got 2 songs, I don't mind about the characters, but at least give us 5-6 songs, and please decrease the size, its kinda big, 636mb after installed...
Delete this first, and will install it again after new update.
12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Having played this on the 3DS (I no longer own a 3DS nor this game) I can say the game feels more comfortable to play on the iPhone.

This below is what I think SE should have did.

I think they should have released a paid version of the game & a lite version of the game.

The Lite version of the game would be what you have now as the free one, letting you try it out see how you like it.

The Paid version of the game would be the equal to the 3DS version only dumbed down in price by I'd say $15-$20 since you have no physical copy of the game just digital. Then you can buy choose to buy IAPs (Songs individually or Bundles) at your choosing.

All in all Square Enix knows they WILL make money which is why they are pricing it as is, they KNOW some people (Mostly hardcore fans of the series not all, but some) will pay to unlock everything.
12-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I would love to try this game out but it crashes everytime I try to load a song on my iPhone 4S.

Anyone else having problems?
12-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Its only for startup I believe to get your name.
Why would Square set up an entire server and require an internet connection for a mobile game _only_ to get some made up name?
12-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by dib View Post
Why would Square set up an entire server and require an internet connection for a mobile game _only_ to get some made up name?
Yikes, square seems downright shady on iOS.
12-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Had my fun but I'm that big of a music game fan to drop too much money on it. But FFIV is coming in a week. Can't wait.