★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Ughh... I'm tempted to buy more songs but I know I'm totally getting cheated (obviously when comparing this to the DS title). And I was upset there were no FMVs, I was downloading some hoping to get those but oh well, at least the backgrounds are kinda cool.
12-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Backgroud question

I'm playing this on the iPhone4 but the background pictures don't look like those in the screenshots or the video. It's just a small picture at the back while the rest of the screen is black with horizontal lines at the bottom.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

12-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
I'm playing this on the iPhone4 but the background pictures don't look like those in the screenshots or the video. It's just a small picture at the back while the rest of the screen is black with horizontal lines at the bottom.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
From the App Store description: This app may not function properly on the iPhone 4 and the backgrounds in the FMS and BMS will appear as simplified versions.

It's probably normal.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
12-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Ughh... I'm tempted to buy more songs but I know I'm totally getting cheated (obviously when comparing this to the DS title). And I was upset there were no FMVs, I was downloading some hoping to get those but oh well, at least the backgrounds are kinda cool.
Don`t forget that the 3DS Game is still sold for like $30+ so I really don`t see how you could get cheated this time by Square Enix if you buy a few of those Music Packs or even those Extra Heroes.
12-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Best game of year

Thx very much square enix u done great job

For the future i want to see dragon quest series in ios
12-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktho View Post
Best game of year

Thx very much square enix u done great job

For the future i want to see dragon quest series in ios
are you joking

please tell me your joking
12-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Game Impressions

So I really adore those the old FF tunes. And it's nice that this game is more challenging than the similarly simple Groove Coaster...

...but there isn't nearly enough meat to this game. None of the various elements:

distance traveled, monsters killed, mogs encountered, full combo, SSS's, gold crowns

None of that stuff matters at all.

With a game like Jukebeat or Tone Sphere I can just enjoy trying to master songs one at a time, but Theatrhythim is different. It really needed more structure.

Even Demons' Score does fighting better - beat the song to beat the enemy. Here the fights going on might as well be a screensaver. Ugh.
12-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Don`t forget that the 3DS Game is still sold for like $30+ so I really don`t see how you could get cheated this time by Square Enix if you buy a few of those Music Packs or even those Extra Heroes.
If I bought a few more yes it wouldn't be too bad but everything I want would probably hit the price to $80+

I say cheated because I'd rather pay the 3DS game cost now and have the amount that it has for that price rather than paying a similar amount on the iOS and getting a lot less. Even now when I've picked out some stuff I like, there's not enough game in there with not enough songs.
12-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
If I bought a few more yes it wouldn't be too bad but everything I want would probably hit the price to $80+

I say cheated because I'd rather pay the 3DS game cost now and have the amount that it has for that price rather than paying a similar amount on the iOS and getting a lot less. Even now when I've picked out some stuff I like, there's not enough game in there with not enough songs.
the reality is that you wont be buying a 3ds and this game, even though you would rather do so. that would be the real cheat, the cost of a 3ds plus the game vs. just the app and a few iap for the iphone/ipad you already have.

why buy a 3ds that i would never buy, when i already have an iphone/ipad whatever. square is doing it right to give us options and save us the money.
12-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Tried the game and bought a couple of songs I always loved (missing Crisis Core songs though). First of all, playing with the game is very nostalgic. They might be not very deep, but I like how the 2 type of games are different from that of Symphonica's. It's also a nice addition to be able to compose stages, buy I couldn't really figure out how it works just yet (would be nice to tap in realtime).

There are a couple of things I don't really understand in the game. What is the feature zone just before the chocobos appear? What is the difference between chocobos? And what is the illusive score fragment that can be collected in the meadly mode (for one song got 3/4 parts already, but no 4/4 just yet)? What is the leader good for? Is s/he getting 2 skills randomly from the party's skills and only keeping his/her own HP?