Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Marc Vaughan Marc Vaughan is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
What I meant was 3D match simulation as the LMA games. Shame that this game, costing so much, doesn't even have that.
One day I hope we will have a 3d match view on mobile - at present the devices aren't powerful enough to support the full 3d view from FM PC though (trust me we have considered this ).
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
One day I hope we will have a 3d match view on mobile - at present the devices aren't powerful enough to support the full 3d view from FM PC though (trust me we have considered this ).
Final question - does the game have a team like Fulham? If yes, does it have all of their latest players or made-up players? If yes again, why don't you show some "proper" team and players in the screenshots?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Marc Vaughan Marc Vaughan is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Final question - does the game have a team like Fulham? If yes, does it have all of their latest players or made-up players? If yes again, why don't you show some "proper" team and players in the screenshots?
The game has the proper teams and players as per usual.

The club and player badges are only in the game for those teams we are able to obtain licences for - EA own the exclusive licence for the Premiership so we are unable to use club badges and player photo's from those clubs.

(as always the FMH database is based on the most up to date database available from the Football Manager research team and is pretty comprehensive - incidentally the FMH2013 database is 10% larger in size than that which was in 2012)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 AM
vegardls92 vegardls92 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The game has the proper teams and players as per usual.

The club and player badges are only in the game for those teams we are able to obtain licences for - EA own the exclusive licence for the Premiership so we are unable to use club badges and player photo's from those clubs.

(as always the FMH database is based on the most up to date database available from the Football Manager research team and is pretty comprehensive - incidentally the FMH2013 database is 10% larger in size than that which was in 2012)
What teams/leagues do you have a license for?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Marc Vaughan Marc Vaughan is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegardls92 View Post
What teams/leagues do you have a license for?
Gosh now you're asking - I don't have a full list to hand I'm afraid (its not quite as simple as you might think as in some leagues we have full coverage, in others we might only have a handful of individual teams etc.).

I can indicated we have 3,456 player photo's in the game and 332 authentic club badges.

(I've got to run out as I've got an appointment in few minutes - once I'm back in a few hours I'll try and rummage out further details for you about this)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM
coxy coxy is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Posts: 239
Default

Thanks for the replies Marc - always nice to see the developers on here.

What I'd love to see in FMH is a bit more in depth - a bit more in depth with finances, a bit more player interaction etc.

The one thing for me the handheld version lacks over the PC version is the feeling of immersion - I just don't get gripped like I do with the PC one. It's understandable of course due the gadget limitations - but I'd love to see FMH get a bit more in depth one day...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Anilones Anilones is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Final question - does the game have a team like Fulham? If yes, does it have all of their latest players or made-up players? If yes again, why don't you show some "proper" team and players in the screenshots?
Watford and Bristol City are "proper" teams.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Marc Vaughan Marc Vaughan is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy View Post
What I'd love to see in FMH is a bit more in depth - a bit more in depth with finances, a bit more player interaction etc.
I can understand that but I think its equally important to keep it fast and easy to pick up and play in short bursts - it makes it far more appealing for people with say a half hour commute to work etc. ... if it was the same as the PC game you'd still be setting up your tactics before the commute ended, on FMH you can have blasted through a few matches and be top of the league grinning like a Cheshire cat

PS - I fully expect it to evolve and improve as time goes on and devices become more powerful, but the intent isn't to turn it into FM PC at all.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM
TheUnrealEngine TheUnrealEngine is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 177
Default

As someone who's logged his fair share of time on FMH12 (I've logged over 144 hours), it disappoints me to see some of the reaction here.

I'll be buying the game when it becomes availble PST, and I'll give my thoughts once I've had some time with it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM
AlexsIpad AlexsIpad is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 809
Default

I don't know anything about this sort of thing, but surely if developers can make games like mc4, then having 3d simulation is possible on devices, considering really all it is is a video?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent