• Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 364.5 MB
  • Version: 4.3.1
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: The worlds best-selling football management game returns for a new season on iOS.

Football Manager Handheld 2013 puts you in the hot-seat and allows you to put your managerial skills to the test wherever, whenever and however you want.

Take the hot-seat at any club from a choice of leagues in 14 countries, and assume full control of transfers, training, tactics and managing your team live during match days as you strive for glory and silverware.

Whether it be in commute-sized bursts, or on-the-sofa marathons, theres an experience for everyone as you can choose between a full career or face up to the popular Challenge Mode, which offers a series of particular short-term scenarios with a clear goal to be achieved.

Whichever mode is chosen, youll deal with real-life situations involving real players, as researched by Sports Interactives huge global scouting network.

Making their full debut this year in FMH13 are in-app purchases. These optional extras are available in both game modes and allow you the opportunity to instantly do things such as expanding your stadium or attract a wealthy Sugar Daddy chairman for a small fee. You can also purchase fresh new challenges in Challenge Mode.

Please note that the In-App Purchases Expand Stadium and Build Youth Academy can only be bought once you have started a game and are only usable in that game.

Other new features:
Fully up-to-date league/player/competition data to football season 2012/13.
Player photos now included for licensed leagues.
New playable leagues Northern Ireland / Republic of Ireland.
Player comparison & form updates.
Media / news / match improvements.

The 14 countries with playable leagues in Football Manager Handheld are Australia, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Northern Ireland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Spain and Wales.

The game can be played in four languages; English, French, Italian and Spanish.

Football Manager Handheld for iOS has been designed for 3GS devices / iOS 4.3 and above.

For further information please go to www.sigames.com or www.footballmanager.com

Echoseven's comments:

12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
What I meant was 3D match simulation as the LMA games. Shame that this game, costing so much, doesn't even have that.
One day I hope we will have a 3d match view on mobile - at present the devices aren't powerful enough to support the full 3d view from FM PC though (trust me we have considered this ).
12-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
One day I hope we will have a 3d match view on mobile - at present the devices aren't powerful enough to support the full 3d view from FM PC though (trust me we have considered this ).
Final question - does the game have a team like Fulham? If yes, does it have all of their latest players or made-up players? If yes again, why don't you show some "proper" team and players in the screenshots?

12-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Final question - does the game have a team like Fulham? If yes, does it have all of their latest players or made-up players? If yes again, why don't you show some "proper" team and players in the screenshots?
The game has the proper teams and players as per usual.

The club and player badges are only in the game for those teams we are able to obtain licences for - EA own the exclusive licence for the Premiership so we are unable to use club badges and player photo's from those clubs.

(as always the FMH database is based on the most up to date database available from the Football Manager research team and is pretty comprehensive - incidentally the FMH2013 database is 10% larger in size than that which was in 2012)
12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The game has the proper teams and players as per usual.

The club and player badges are only in the game for those teams we are able to obtain licences for - EA own the exclusive licence for the Premiership so we are unable to use club badges and player photo's from those clubs.

(as always the FMH database is based on the most up to date database available from the Football Manager research team and is pretty comprehensive - incidentally the FMH2013 database is 10% larger in size than that which was in 2012)
What teams/leagues do you have a license for?
12-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegardls92 View Post
What teams/leagues do you have a license for?
Gosh now you're asking - I don't have a full list to hand I'm afraid (its not quite as simple as you might think as in some leagues we have full coverage, in others we might only have a handful of individual teams etc.).

I can indicated we have 3,456 player photo's in the game and 332 authentic club badges.

(I've got to run out as I've got an appointment in few minutes - once I'm back in a few hours I'll try and rummage out further details for you about this)
12-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the replies Marc - always nice to see the developers on here.

What I'd love to see in FMH is a bit more in depth - a bit more in depth with finances, a bit more player interaction etc.

The one thing for me the handheld version lacks over the PC version is the feeling of immersion - I just don't get gripped like I do with the PC one. It's understandable of course due the gadget limitations - but I'd love to see FMH get a bit more in depth one day...
12-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Watford and Bristol City are "proper" teams.
12-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy View Post
What I'd love to see in FMH is a bit more in depth - a bit more in depth with finances, a bit more player interaction etc.
I can understand that but I think its equally important to keep it fast and easy to pick up and play in short bursts - it makes it far more appealing for people with say a half hour commute to work etc. ... if it was the same as the PC game you'd still be setting up your tactics before the commute ended, on FMH you can have blasted through a few matches and be top of the league grinning like a Cheshire cat

PS - I fully expect it to evolve and improve as time goes on and devices become more powerful, but the intent isn't to turn it into FM PC at all.
12-12-2012, 11:15 AM
As someone who's logged his fair share of time on FMH12 (I've logged over 144 hours), it disappoints me to see some of the reaction here.

I'll be buying the game when it becomes availble PST, and I'll give my thoughts once I've had some time with it.
12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't know anything about this sort of thing, but surely if developers can make games like mc4, then having 3d simulation is possible on devices, considering really all it is is a video?