Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Appreciation!

Yeah, I've been highly anticipating this one, and it'll be my first Christmas gift to me!

Thanks guys for implementing the Irish leagues. I asked for that one and totally appreciate the inclusion. Must've had a few other request for it, huh?

Anyway, I absolutely love the mobile feel of this game. I actually don't want to see full matches simulated. I have grown to love the colored dots and text commentary. Its a compact, quick way for me to experience managing. And if I want to sit down to hours of play and watch full sims, I can just fire up my PC. But I usually just stick with the 10-20 minute spurts of play, which this has fully filled that need.

Thanks for the hard work, and I can't wait to pay full price in appreciation for it.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hi Marc,

Congrats with the release - Is there a chance that the turkish league will be included in the next few years?

Also why can't you implement a full database with 20k players? If you are thinking of the performance, you could make an option where we can select between small, normal and big database sizes.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Does the game have Game Centre achievements and leaderboards?
Old 12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I can understand that but I think its equally important to keep it fast and easy to pick up and play in short bursts - it makes it far more appealing for people with say a half hour commute to work etc. ... if it was the same as the PC game you'd still be setting up your tactics before the commute ended, on FMH you can have blasted through a few matches and be top of the league grinning like a Cheshire cat

PS - I fully expect it to evolve and improve as time goes on and devices become more powerful, but the intent isn't to turn it into FM PC at all.
Nah I get that believe me - I just think it could have a bit more depth adding without losing the handheld nature. The game reminds me of the early days of FM - and its so fast you're right....but I think if it had a bit (just a bit) of the modern feel as well then it would be perfect
Old 12-12-2012, 12:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

iCloud integration in 2013 version? I hope yes!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
I don't know anything about this sort of thing, but surely if developers can make games like mc4, then having 3d simulation is possible on devices, considering really all it is is a video?
3d visuals themselves aren't the problem (well apart from the amount of artists required ) - its the simulation of the match itself which the current generation of mobile devices would struggle with.

To give a comparison - the current generation of iPad is approximately 10-20x slower than an average spec PC in reality (just looking at its processor). On FM PC it takes approximately 2 seconds to simulate a match, this would mean on iPad ignoring whether there is the memory available to run the simulation it'd take 20-40 seconds just to 'start' viewing a match ... something which I don't think would be particularly pleasant from a users perspective.

PS - One day this may change, just trying to explain why its not feasible at present.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemar View Post
Congrats with the release - Is there a chance that the turkish league will be included in the next few years?
I'd love to see more leagues added and no reason why the Turkish league couldn't be one of them - unfortunately at present sales in Turkey for FMH aren't huge and I'm afraid thats probably one of the reasons why its not been implemented yet.

Quote:
Also why can't you implement a full database with 20k players? If you are thinking of the performance, you could make an option where we can select between small, normal and big database sizes.
There are technical reasons why the game presently contains a 'standard' database size for all devices, perhaps in a future version however this might change ... time will tell.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 PM
iPad (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiduekappa View Post
iCloud integration in 2013 version? I hope yes!!!
I was going to ask this exact question. It's what put me off FM2012 a little, as I want to be a belt to play on iPhone and iPad as I have time.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
There is a full match simulation - its 'watched' either as radio (text) commentary or a 2d tactical display showing the highlights of that match.
Why haven't you added the ability to watch the 2d display as a full match yet? That seems to be the most requested feature year after year, nobody wants to just watch 2 highlights per match.

There aren't enough significant changes for me to warrant a purchase.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:48 PM

Hey Marc, gotta say I love the FM games on the PC - haven't tried the Handheld version yet though, but personally I think for me to be interested in spending $9.99 I'd need the Danish Superliga to be in it (preferably Division 1 too, so that it would matter if you actually ended in the bottom of the table unlike the EA FIFA series ..), and would definitely not mind a full 2D game either .. I know FM is popular in Denmark, and you should really consider it in the future! I would without a doubt purchase it right away if Denmark was included!