• Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 45.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: JOIN MIKE, SULLEY, AND OTHER MONSTERS, INC. DUOS ON THEIR EPIC ADVENTURE TO SAVE BOO!

Run, jump, and power your way through this monstrously fun action game! Journey through the city of Monstropolis with famous scare teams from Monsters, Inc., and find a way to rescue Boo! Check out the latest update that also features new Monsters University stages!

* Play as 6 Monsters, Inc. tag teams!
Choose from Mike and Sulley and your other favorite characters from the film. Use power-ups to call in your partner for help!

* Dash through 6 worlds and 96 exciting stages!
From the Monstropolis Rooftops to the Ice Cave, experience the monsters world like never before!

* Master levels with over 20 explosive power-ups!
Fly with jet-packs and attack with ray guns and more to get one step closer to Boo!

* Take on familiar monsters from the movie!
Dodge and blast through menacing monsters that stand in your way!

* Go on an endless running adventure in Endless Mode!
Collect coins and blow your way through monsters and blocks for high scores!

* BONUS! Download Monsters, Inc. Run, and start off with FREE Bucks!
Get 50 FREE Bucks to spend on new scare teams and life savers!

Enter the world of Monsters, Inc., and start running today!

Echoseven's comments:

12-12-2012, 05:37 AM
Aha, our customary endless runner!

But tbh, the screens do look good and may check this out later.

12-12-2012, 06:17 AM
It's good to see that this has levels and gives the option of choosing endless mode. A little too cutesy for me, but might check it out anyway.
12-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Mega Run?!?!?? O_o

But yeah, instabuy for me. Looks good at least, but it is too Mega Run-looking, even the mawnsters.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Mega Run?!?!?? O_o

But yeah, instabuy for me. Looks good at least, but it is too Mega Run-looking, even the mawnsters.
It's made by Get Set Games. The guys who made Mega Run.

I too was shocked by the similarity, then I read the description.

Glad to see indie devs branching out.
12-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Mega Run?!?!?? O_o

My thoughts exacly.I dont think I can support this.Unless you guys leave impressions thats it great.It looks too much like a Mega Run clone.
12-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
I just had to get in one page one for my preemptive I told you so post.

This will go free early next year I can feel it...

★ BONUS! Download Monsters, Inc. Run, and start off with FREE Bucks!
Get 50 FREE Bucks to spend on new scare teams and life savers!

Enough said.

Hardly FREE if one has to pay for it.

Pass.
What about free on Christmas, Boxing or New Year Day? You heard it first here...
12-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Mega Run spin-off? O_o
Hmm, there was no mention.
12-12-2012, 10:34 PM
We've seen this before with Temple Run Brave and Girl on Fire. The Indie Dev is approached to make a game as a promotion for an upcoming film using their existing hit game as a model while incorporating a few new elements. These titles tend to be decent even if they were made solely for commercial purposes. This one looks quite good, but I will pass simply because I already own and enjoy Mega Run - and this seems to be more or less a re-skin. In any case, I'm sure it will please fans of the movie, who are getting a getting a good game, and will also benefit the devs with publicity and royalties. It is a win/win in my book - just not for me.
12-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Loved mega run and never paid a cent for hours of entertainment, because I never buy in app currency ever. A monsters inc themed version of this great game is an instant purchase at 99c just to support terriffic developers.
It also has a new endless mode.
A must buy!