Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 AM

HD Gameplay Trailer following soon...

Note:

The Game is absolutly unbalanced.

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-12-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
The Game is absolutly unbalanced.
Gotta disagree with ya there...

I'm actually wishing that levels could be played on Medium instead of Normal difficulty the first time through...

Right now, I've completed the first 4 stages on each of the 3 difficulties... I did have to play through the first stage 3 times before I beat it on Normal, but mainly because I wasted my missiles the first time through, and the second time through, I wanted to see how much damage was given by crashing into enemies...

The rate at which everything can be unlocked is great, and the difficulty balance feels just about right considering I feel the same way about other shmups (wanting to play on medium or hard right away instead of going through easy or normal my first time through)
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Whoa, this looks pretty sweet. Interesting controls, although I can't imagine this as being all that great to play on the iPhone with such a small screen. And is this strictly boss fights only?

Last edited by SumoSplash; 12-12-2012 at 10:48 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Whoa, this looks pretty sweet. Interesting controls, although I can't imagine this as being all that great to play on the iPhone with such a small screen. And is this strictly boss fights only?
Nope... just boss fights at the end of each stage - with 'major' boss fights at the end of every 4th stage. Apparently, there's 35 different types of enemies. =oD
Old 12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Nope... just boss fights at the end of each stage - with 'major' boss fights at the end of every 4th stage. Apparently, there's 35 different types of enemies. =oD
Really... The trailer is a little misleading then. But whatever, this definitely looks like something I would like.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The lake of a second or even third Control Mechanism plus the unbalanced Mission Design of even an freaking Tutorial Mission are reason enough to stay away from it and I didn`t even started to roll about the the length of the Game or even the iAP at all.

Conclusion:

Comparing Alpha Zero with any Cave shmups or with one of the greatest Shoot 'em up of 2012 Sine Mora (sadly currently only for PC/Console) makes it even worse.

Wait for an .99 Sale or get any other Cave shmups you might otherwise regret it...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

the first stage is a tutorial... telling you how to move, fire, what collectibles do, ect...

I really don't see how you can call this unbalanced and recommend a Cave title when in your video, you're barely moving your ship around to avoid shots, and careening into massive lines of projectiles instead of avoiding them. Seems more like an issue of it being too difficult for you, and you not being willing to rise to the challenge.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Judging from Sanuku's video, it's obvious why the trailer has only the boss battles.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Judging from Sanuku's video, it's obvious why the trailer has only the boss battles.
You should also keep in mind that he's playing on Normal... and there's Medium and Hard difficulty levels as well - which are much more packed with action.

And in the trailer, those are not bosses, they're regular enemies that you'll encounter. =o)

The Bosses don't appear in the trailer until around 37 seconds.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
You should also keep in mind that he's playing on Normal... and there's Medium and Hard difficulty levels as well - which are much more packed with action.

And in the trailer, those are not bosses, they're regular enemies that you'll encounter. =o)

The Bosses don't appear in the trailer until around 37 seconds.
Oh don't get me wrong, I am interested in this, and I haven't played it so I don't want to judge. It just seems as though the game plays a little slow. Not a slow pace, which I actually don't mind, but it seems a little lacking in the action department. Again, I am only going off what I am seeing.

The weapons look cool, the controls look unique and the bosses look impressive. Might make the dive here, but not sure. Minigore has taken over my life