• Publisher: Funkoi Ltd.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 167.5 MB
  • Version: 1.7.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: More than 2 MILLION downloads worldwide on all devices! Join in on the fun!

PadGadget - "if you like a challenge, then everything about this game screams, Awesome!

Take control of an experimental spaceship and blast enemies from all around
you in this exciting, fast-paced space action game.

Enjoy jaw-dropping visuals and effects as well as an original sound track
that will bring you into space for the ultimate battle.

Alpha Zero is a unique new take on the classic 2.5D scrolling shoot em up. The game has unique controls, beautiful graphics, and awesome boss-fights.

Forget about on-screen joysticks, this is a game made for touch input and should redefine some of your assumptions of hard core gaming on a mobile device.

Alpha Zero is looking to redefine the mobile Shmup. - gamezebo

Features:
Fast and furious action
Amazing special effects and beautiful 3D graphics
Unique backgrounds for every level
Natural multi-touch gameplay
8 challenging missions and boss-fights (more to come)
35 different enemies
Numerous upgrades and special weapons.
Over 15 ship skins
Full epic soundtrack
Three challenging difficulty levels (cadet, ace and elite)
Campaign story-line, fully voiced and subtitled
Universal game, optimized for retina display iPhones and iPads

* INTRODUCTION PRICE *
Get the game before our sanity returns, along with the normal price!

Follow @alphazerogame on Twitter.

Like us on facebook.com/alphazerogame and drop us a line.

Visit www.alphazerogame.com for information about the game and upcoming updates.

Echoseven's comments:

12-12-2012, 09:50 AM
HD Gameplay Trailer following soon...

Note:

The Game is absolutly unbalanced.

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-12-2012 at 09:53 AM.
12-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
The Game is absolutly unbalanced.
Gotta disagree with ya there...

I'm actually wishing that levels could be played on Medium instead of Normal difficulty the first time through...

Right now, I've completed the first 4 stages on each of the 3 difficulties... I did have to play through the first stage 3 times before I beat it on Normal, but mainly because I wasted my missiles the first time through, and the second time through, I wanted to see how much damage was given by crashing into enemies...

The rate at which everything can be unlocked is great, and the difficulty balance feels just about right considering I feel the same way about other shmups (wanting to play on medium or hard right away instead of going through easy or normal my first time through)

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches!!, Castle Doombad, Relic Run, Battleheart Legacy, H&C2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;:Access To Arasaka, Delerium, Anhedonia

12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Whoa, this looks pretty sweet. Interesting controls, although I can't imagine this as being all that great to play on the iPhone with such a small screen. And is this strictly boss fights only?
Nope... just boss fights at the end of each stage - with 'major' boss fights at the end of every 4th stage. Apparently, there's 35 different types of enemies. =oD

12-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Game Impressions

The lake of a second or even third Control Mechanism plus the unbalanced Mission Design of even an freaking Tutorial Mission are reason enough to stay away from it and I didn`t even started to roll about the the length of the Game or even the iAP at all.

Conclusion:

Comparing Alpha Zero with any Cave shmups or with one of the greatest Shoot 'em up of 2012 Sine Mora (sadly currently only for PC/Console) makes it even worse.

Wait for an .99 Sale or get any other Cave shmups you might otherwise regret it...
12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
the first stage is a tutorial... telling you how to move, fire, what collectibles do, ect...

I really don't see how you can call this unbalanced and recommend a Cave title when in your video, you're barely moving your ship around to avoid shots, and careening into massive lines of projectiles instead of avoiding them. Seems more like an issue of it being too difficult for you, and you not being willing to rise to the challenge.

12-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Judging from Sanuku's video, it's obvious why the trailer has only the boss battles.
You should also keep in mind that he's playing on Normal... and there's Medium and Hard difficulty levels as well - which are much more packed with action.

And in the trailer, those are not bosses, they're regular enemies that you'll encounter. =o)

The Bosses don't appear in the trailer until around 37 seconds.

12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I really don't see how you can call this unbalanced and recommend a Cave title when in your video, you're barely moving your ship around to avoid shots, and careening into massive lines of projectiles instead of avoiding them. Seems more like an issue of it being too difficult for you, and you not being willing to rise to the challenge.
If an Developer is just increasing the Difficult Level to stretch the Gameplay Length instead of actually adding enough Content to a Game then I honestly won`t just look away or for God's Sake use terms like You're not being willing to rise to the challenge to pretend something is there when it`s obvious that it isn't.

We aren`t talking here about an Freemium Shooter everybody can try out for Free or where someone can just download an Lite Build of it. Someone is actually charging Money for it and I don`t give a damn if it`s $1.99 or $50 when it`s unbalanced to cover up the actual Gameplay Length.

If the Developer would have released an Lite Build of it we wouldn`t have this talk at all because probably everyone else would know by now that there is something wrong and I wouldn`t have to mention it at all...
12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Apologies if answered, but are there GC achievements?

175,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Add me on Game Center-Send a pm.
Tim Cook rocks.
12-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Apologies if answered, but are there GC achievements?
Yes they are.
12-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
We aren`t talking here about an Freemium Shooter everybody can try out for Free or where someone can just download an Lite Build of it. Someone is actually charging Money for it and I don`t give a damn if it`s $1.99 or $50 when it`s unbalanced to cover up the actual Gameplay Length.

If the Developer would have released an Lite Build of it we wouldn`t have this talk at all because probably everyone else would know by now that there is something wrong and I wouldn`t have to mention it at all...
K... Well then let's just agree that people interested in knowing how balanced it is can just watch your vid and judge for themselves how much stock to put into your impressions based on how you played the game.

aaaand...

Quote:
If an Developer is just increasing the Difficult Level to stretch the Gameplay Length instead of actually adding enough Content to a Game then I honestly won`t just look away or for God's Sake use terms like You're not being willing to rise to the challenge to pretend something is there when it`s obvious that it isn't.
... with this, are you really telling people to check out Cave games and praising them because they DON'T do this exact thing?

Shmups are hammered by players when they DON'T include multiple difficulties... and here you are bashing the developers because they included it...

Grah... whatever...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 12-12-2012 at 12:09 PM.