Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I really don't see how you can call this unbalanced and recommend a Cave title when in your video, you're barely moving your ship around to avoid shots, and careening into massive lines of projectiles instead of avoiding them. Seems more like an issue of it being too difficult for you, and you not being willing to rise to the challenge.
If an Developer is just increasing the Difficult Level to stretch the Gameplay Length instead of actually adding enough Content to a Game then I honestly won`t just look away or for God's Sake use terms like You're not being willing to rise to the challenge to pretend something is there when it`s obvious that it isn't.

We aren`t talking here about an Freemium Shooter everybody can try out for Free or where someone can just download an Lite Build of it. Someone is actually charging Money for it and I don`t give a damn if it`s $1.99 or $50 when it`s unbalanced to cover up the actual Gameplay Length.

If the Developer would have released an Lite Build of it we wouldn`t have this talk at all because probably everyone else would know by now that there is something wrong and I wouldn`t have to mention it at all...
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Apologies if answered, but are there GC achievements?
Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Apologies if answered, but are there GC achievements?
Yes they are.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:49 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
We aren`t talking here about an Freemium Shooter everybody can try out for Free or where someone can just download an Lite Build of it. Someone is actually charging Money for it and I don`t give a damn if it`s $1.99 or $50 when it`s unbalanced to cover up the actual Gameplay Length.

If the Developer would have released an Lite Build of it we wouldn`t have this talk at all because probably everyone else would know by now that there is something wrong and I wouldn`t have to mention it at all...
K... Well then let's just agree that people interested in knowing how balanced it is can just watch your vid and judge for themselves how much stock to put into your impressions based on how you played the game.

aaaand...

Quote:
If an Developer is just increasing the Difficult Level to stretch the Gameplay Length instead of actually adding enough Content to a Game then I honestly won`t just look away or for God's Sake use terms like You're not being willing to rise to the challenge to pretend something is there when it`s obvious that it isn't.
... with this, are you really telling people to check out Cave games and praising them because they DON'T do this exact thing?

Shmups are hammered by players when they DON'T include multiple difficulties... and here you are bashing the developers because they included it...

Grah... whatever...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 12-12-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
K... Well then let's just agree that people interested in knowing how balanced it is can just watch your vid and judge for themselves how much stock to put into your impressions based on how you played the game.

aaaand...

... with this, are you really telling people to check out Cave games and praising them because they DON'T do this exact thing?

Shmups are hammered by players when they DON'T include multiple difficulties... and here you are bashing the developers because they included it...

Grah... whatever...
Look it`s obvious that we see the Game in a different Light and I`m fine with it but we both should for the greater good just wait a few more Days and see how others think about it because similar as Ying & Yang we two will never reach a Level where we both agree about anything if it comes to Alpha Zero.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:37 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Look it`s obvious that we see the Game in a different Light and I`m fine with it but we both should for the greater good just wait a few more Days and see how others think about it because similar as Ying & Yang we two will never reach a Level where we both agree about anything if it comes to Alpha Zero.
Yeah... sorry I got all worked up...

Just... I'm really enjoying this game - probably as much as you're not, if not more so...

I know I spoke out of line, and it was uncalled for.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah... sorry I got all worked up...

Just... I'm really enjoying this game - probably as much as you're not, if not more so...

I know I spoke out of line, and it was uncalled for.
No need to be sorry. I`m glad that we both don`t agree on every Game because otherwise it would have been kinda strange in the longer run. It`s nice to know that out of like 100. Games we both have played in the last couple of Weeks there is one that I totally don`t get into it, for whatever reason I might have, while you dig it.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Lemme grab me popcorn and a chair lol
Yeah. Keep arguing guys 😄
Old 12-12-2012, 06:28 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I posted these in the upcoming thread, but

Shooting is done kind of like Wonton 51; touch the screen and hold down where you want to fire.
This game looks promising, but I hate shooters that require you to touch exactly where you want to fire. This method always seems like a step backwards in aiming/shooting. Hopefully I'm reading this wrong.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:38 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
This game looks promising, but I hate shooters that require you to touch exactly where you want to fire. This method always seems like a step backwards in aiming/shooting. Hopefully I'm reading this wrong.
You're not