• Publisher: Funkoi Ltd.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 167.5 MB
  • Version: 1.7.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: More than 2 MILLION downloads worldwide on all devices! Join in on the fun!

PadGadget - "if you like a challenge, then everything about this game screams, Awesome!

Take control of an experimental spaceship and blast enemies from all around
you in this exciting, fast-paced space action game.

Enjoy jaw-dropping visuals and effects as well as an original sound track
that will bring you into space for the ultimate battle.

Alpha Zero is a unique new take on the classic 2.5D scrolling shoot em up. The game has unique controls, beautiful graphics, and awesome boss-fights.

Forget about on-screen joysticks, this is a game made for touch input and should redefine some of your assumptions of hard core gaming on a mobile device.

Alpha Zero is looking to redefine the mobile Shmup. - gamezebo

Features:
Fast and furious action
Amazing special effects and beautiful 3D graphics
Unique backgrounds for every level
Natural multi-touch gameplay
8 challenging missions and boss-fights (more to come)
35 different enemies
Numerous upgrades and special weapons.
Over 15 ship skins
Full epic soundtrack
Three challenging difficulty levels (cadet, ace and elite)
Campaign story-line, fully voiced and subtitled
Universal game, optimized for retina display iPhones and iPads

* INTRODUCTION PRICE *
Get the game before our sanity returns, along with the normal price!

Follow @alphazerogame on Twitter.

Like us on facebook.com/alphazerogame and drop us a line.

Visit www.alphazerogame.com for information about the game and upcoming updates.

Echoseven's comments:

12-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Still a good game though.

And if we ever get an alternate control scheme, it'll be a great game.
12-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Will not be buying until there is a v- stick option. Why not at least give us a choice?

12-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Love the game but needs a joystick or better controls hard to kill the boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
Still a good game though.

And if we ever get an alternate control scheme, it'll be a great game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alc819 View Post
Will not be buying until there is a v- stick option. Why not at least give us a choice?
This.
12-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Would as stylus be of any use in this game? Seems woould be cool to play with two of them. Or probably use your left thumb for movement and right hand with stylus to shoot. Anyone try this?
12-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alc819 View Post
Hi, thanks for the feedback. We are working on the first update of the game and will add some alternate control schemes.

The reason we chose this one in the first place is because most of our testers preferred it. You can move your ship much faster across the screen and shoot with better accuracy once you get used to it. In the beginning however you do block the screen more than necessary.

Keep giving us feedback! We learn a lot from this and will continue to make this game better in the coming months.

Cheers!
12-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Just once... Just once! I'd like to see a dev come out with a game proclaiming to have "awesome, revolutionary, original controls" and then actually stand by them in the face of negative feedback.
12-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Just once... Just once! I'd like to see a dev come out with a game proclaiming to have "awesome, revolutionary, original controls" and then actually stand by them in the face of negative feedback.
While, yeah, it'd be nice for them to stand by them and give their reasoning of why they think they're good, I still think it's great for any game to have alternate control schemes. The more options the more comfortable people feel when they play a game.

Like platformers with sliders. Some hate 'em and won't even touch a game that has them. I'm a little more willing to give different control schemes a chance, but certainly agree that the more customizable they are, the more likely you'll make a larger percentage of your audience happy.
12-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Nothing wrong with giving players the option to choose which they prefer, and it'll be a great kick to have them finally decide that your original new (oxymoron!) idea was better.
12-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I think for shmups, the more control options the better. Sometimes I play with a stylus which works better with direct touch and sometimes use my finger with relative touch. Joypad support too is nice. Moveable controls always help too especially for platform games.
12-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I think for shmups, the more control options the better. Sometimes I play with a stylus which works better with direct touch and sometimes use my finger with relative touch. Joypad support too is nice. Moveable controls always help too especially for platform games.
We definitely stand behind our control scheme but giving you guys more options and the ability to confirm or refute that claim would be even better right?

Here is a short How to play video we added to show how I play the game. And I am far from the best player. I also have huge hands as you probably can tell from the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-NBdMAXKlg