★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light HD $5.99 -> $.99

12-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light HD $5.99 -> $.99

GC: UnSurreal
12-12-2012, 09:11 AM
iPhone also down to 99c.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

12-12-2012, 10:22 AM
But is it worth my dollar eight? (I pay 9% sales tax)
12-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
is it worth mine?!( no digital tax here =p)
How does it compare to the console version in terms of content/plot?
The last time I checked the App Store..the HD version of the game had a lot of poor reviews..mostly about crashes and poor performances.
12-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
is it worth mine?!( no digital tax here =p)
How does it compare to the console version in terms of content/plot?
The last time I checked the App Store..the HD version of the game had a lot of poor reviews..mostly about crashes and poor performances.
There are minor tweaks here and there but otherwise its the same. I think I paid $6 or so and really felt it well spent. One of the best out there and probably my favorite iOS title. Controls are tight and responsive. My only warning is that this will suck you in like no other. Awesome game!
12-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Agreed. Surprised me quite a bit. Honestly one of my favorite iPad games. Was truly sorry to see it end. Great controls, visuals and storyline. With puzzles that provided just a little bit of challenge. For a buck you can't go wrong. Especially since they seemed to clear up all the technical problems. Didn't have a single one on the whole playthrough.
12-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcharlie View Post
Agreed. Surprised me quite a bit. Honestly one of my favorite iPad games. Was truly sorry to see it end. Great controls, visuals and storyline. With puzzles that provided just a little bit of challenge. For a buck you can't go wrong. Especially since they seemed to clear up all the technical problems. Didn't have a single one on the whole playthrough.
Downloaded it =p. Thanks to CygnetSeven too for helping me make up my mind..it looks pretty good to me so far!
12-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Yeah, it is worth a buck. You get a lot of content in the game. Some of the action things like throwing spears is a little bit frustrating, but overall It is worth a buck.
12-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah, it is worth a buck. You get a lot of content in the game. Some of the action things like throwing spears is a little bit frustrating, but overall It is worth a buck.
I appreciate the feedback. The iPhone version looks like it might be fairly bad based on the reviews. There are a lot of complaints about it not being compatible with iOS 5, and that makes me concerned it'll have issues on iOS6.0.1 since it hasn't been updated since 2011. I think I'm going to save my buck today. It's not like I'm at a lack for games.
12-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Have they fixed the issue with Game Center achievements? I played it a while back but I remember there being a problem with them unlocking so it deleted it until they pushed out an update to fix it.