• Publisher: SNK PLAYMORE
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 39.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Make your way through multiple battelfields and put an end to the
Rebel Army Leader General Morden's evil plans!!

Features list:
Not only a perfect port of the original NEOGEO game!
In addition to its classic ARCADE MODE, this perfect conversion of METAL SLUG includes a MISSION MODE, allowing you to select in which stage you want to play!
You can now train yourself in your favorite stages or those which give you a hard time!

Receive items from rescued POWs!
You can received several items by rescuing fellow POWs during missions!
These items provide upgrades for your powerful weapons! POWs can also be found in secret places....

Make good use of the multipurpose tank: the METAL SLUG!
Aside from the Vulcan and Cannon attacks,you can also evade enemies' attacks by squatting and even jumping!
As a last resort you can ram your slug into the enemy troops!
Create a huge explosion by self-desctructing your slug using the "METAL SLUG ATTACK" unleashing extreme damage to your enemies.

A control scheme allowing for precise controls!
The "Autofire" feature allows you to fire your weapons continuously by holding down the button,
you can reposition the buttons outside of the game screen area in "Window mode".
Enjoy every corner of METAL SLUG using your own custom controls!

Intense cooperative gameplay via the Bluetooth function!
"METAL SLUG can be doubly enjoyed by playing with another brother-in-arms simultaneously via the Bluetooth function!
Will you be able to clear the hardest stages with your friends?

Compatible with GAME CENTER!
Complete the maximum number of ACHIEVEMENTS in order to increase your "METAL SLUG" Player Rank!
Beat the best scores and become Worlds Number 1!!

killercow's comments:

12-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
But that description is for MS3, no? That's what it keeps referring to at least.
Yeah, I learned that Metal slug 3 can be played 2 player via bluetooth, wonder if other dotemu games like raiden have this feature.
12-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Hell yes!

Woohoo more arcady goodness by Dotemu!

Can't wait till this is out in Scandinavia!
This has widescreen support, yes?

12-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
But that description is for MS3, no? That's what it keeps referring to at least.
Yeah that's weird, it is the description from Metal Slug 1 though. I've edited it to avoid confusion.

Find me on Twitter
12-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Hehe

As you can see, we are having some busy time lately....

Listening for your feedback as usual, hopefully can't commit we will implement any change you suggest because SNK Playmore is the decision maker and publisher.
12-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotEmu View Post
As you can see, we are having some busy time lately....

Listening for your feedback as usual, hopefully can't commit we will implement any change you suggest because SNK Playmore is the decision maker and publisher.
You should check the app's description, it's about Metal Slug 3 : )

Find me on Twitter
12-12-2012, 08:16 PM
is this iPhone 5 compatible?

edit: nvm i read the 1st post
12-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Yes! More Metal Slug!!! (We need them all)
12-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Needs buttons remapped for the iCade Bitty...

Current mappings:

Jump - Left Shoulder Button
Fire - Select Button
Grenade - Start button
Coin - Top two red buttons

12-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Hey Sanuku-San,

How does it scale on the retina display (ipad)? Does it look blurry? If so, does the app provide screen filters like scanlines (similar to emus like NeoRage X or MAME32) to mask the blurriness?

If not, DotEmu, I highly recommend adding a few screen filter choices: Scanlines 25%, Scanlines 15%, Dot Matrix. I'm considering buying both Metal Slug 3 and this, but won't without those options.