★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

best td games out there

06-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Send a message via AIM to Gizmoe
best td games out there

i got my ipod a week ago and have bought alot of apps already.but it seems that i just love td games..i only have the creeps and stardefense...which other ones would u guys recommend??

thx in advance
06-26-2009, 05:32 PM
you are gonna get flamed in a minute when annoying forum members see this. I don't care, but they flip out. I would reccommend geodefense (my personal favorite), and fieldrunners. I don't have these, but i hear 7 cities and elemental monster TD are quite good.

06-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Fieldrunners, great game, get it now
06-26-2009, 05:35 PM
GeoDefense, FieldRunners, Sentinel 2: Earth Defense (Unbelievable Game, Just Came Out) Star Defense, Defender Chronicles, and I'll find more.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
06-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
Fieldrunners, great game, get it now
fieldrunners is fun, but it lost appeal for me. I only liked the first map and didn't really play the others at all. Geodefense has almost 40 maps i think. It's fixed path TD and it's almost a puzzle game to be honest trying to think of the best strategy for each level. The difficulty of the game is brutal i must warn you before you consider a purchase, but if you like a challenge you should enjoy it
06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
GeoDefense, FieldRunners, Sentinel 2: Earth Defense (Unbelievable Game, Just Came Out) Star Defense, Defender Chronicles, and I'll find more.
o yeah there is sentinel and sentinel 2 which just came out. Some people like it, but I'm not a fan. I got bored with it and found it very uninteresting
06-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf224 View Post
fieldrunners is fun, but it lost appeal for me. I only liked the first map and didn't really play the others at all. Geodefense has almost 40 maps i think. It's fixed path TD and it's almost a puzzle game to be honest trying to think of the best strategy for each level. The difficulty of the game is brutal i must warn you before you consider a purchase, but if you like a challenge you should enjoy it
But but but, it has pretty graphics.....jk. I just prefer open maps instead of fixed paths TD but to each his own
I will give Geodefense a try and see what i've missed
06-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Here are the ones that come to mind...

2D
Defender Chronicles (deep TD with RPG elements)
Sentinel 1 & 2 (visually among the best)
ElementalMonstersTD (TD with a card system)
Besiegement (offers both fixed and non-fixed path maps)
7 Cities (mainly fixed path but has one non-fixed path map with a crystal upgrade system)
Geodefense (retro graphics and lots of levels)
Fieldrunners (graphically looks good, but limited in upgrades when compared to other TDs)

3D
TowerMadness (I like the graphics; downloadable maps)
Sweetwater Defense (underrated and has 25 maps)
Star Defense (decent graphics but TD concepts are pretty basic)
06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to Gizmoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf224 View Post
gona check out geodefense thx...also i got fieldrunners and was a little disappointed
06-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Yet another best TD thread with people forgetting iTD. My personal favorite TD.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread