Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM

Default Cook, Serve, Delicious! (Hardcore restaurant sim)

I'm proud to announce "Cook, Serve, Delicious!" is out now for iPad! (iPad 2 and up only) and is 40% off through January 2nd!

I also must warn you that this game is not easy. I hope you're ready for a challenge!

iPad Trailer: http://youtu.be/mcOW3l0sYms

Quote:
Cook, Serve, Delicious is a hardcore restaurant sim, one of the few in its genre that gives the players total control over where they want to take their restaurant.

The game centers on an old, worn down restaurant in the SherriSoda Tower, which was once the heart of the building but closed down as business (and tenants) dropped to an all time low. But with the local economy rising back up and occupancy reaching its maximum, SherriSoda Tower has decided to bring back the old Cook, Serve, Delicious restaurant, and has given you complete control to bring it back to its old five star status of world class dining.

To do that, you’ll start with a few thousand dollars and twenty foods to choose from to put on your menu, as well as a host of restaurant equipment and more. Nearly everything is unlocked from the start of the game for you to purchase; this is your restaurant, and you must figure out the best strategy to get that restaurant packed with satisfied customers. Can you prove your culinary skills?

And if that weren’t enough, you’ll also have the opportunity to be cast in the Iron Cook television show, throw parties for offices in SherriSoda Tower, read virtual mail in your SherriSoda Tower Email account which ranges from game tips to crazy spam, from customers providing feedback to your restaurant to opportunities to being able to fund projects via “ClicknStart” and other big surprises!

With hours of content and tons of secrets and unlockables, Cook, Serve, Delicious will provide a big challenge for anyone who’s ready to take their crumbling, rat infested eatery to a luxurious Platinum Star Restaurant. Good luck!

Last edited by chubigans; 12-13-2012 at 11:41 AM..
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Fun! Unfortunately, I might have come across a glitch. Don't know whether or not this part of the game design -- but now I've suddenly lost over half of the purchased recipes after buying my 12th or 11th one. For some reason, I'm unable to add many previously purchased recipes to the daily menu? Is there a maximum number of recipes I'm able to hold at any one time?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine View Post
Fun! Unfortunately, I might have come across a glitch. Don't know whether or not this part of the game design -- but now I've suddenly lost over half of the purchased recipes after buying my 12th or 11th one. For some reason, I'm unable to add many previously purchased recipes to the daily menu? Is there a maximum number of recipes I'm able to hold at any one time?
Hmm, that definitely shouldn't happen. I'll send you a private message and see if I can't get that fixed. I'm sorry about that.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hey! I saw this on Giant Bomb's Quick Look some time ago. I am liking the food thing, so I may pick this up if there isn't any game-breaking bug in it right now...
Old 12-14-2012, 12:22 AM

Well version 1.0.1 was just approved a few minutes ago that helps stability and addresses a few bugs, and I'm uploading 1.0.2 right now that will address the missing food bug mentioned by verlaine as well as adding more protection against crashes. Once 1.0.2 is out I'm pretty confident all of the bugs will have been squashed.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:40 AM

Neat! I got this on PC and voted for it on Greenlight after the Giant Bomb QL. If anyone can report back on the port/controls, that'd be great. I can vouch for the gameplay; it's fantastic.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:10 PM
iPad mini 2

Can't believe this game isn't getting more buzz around here, it's fantastic.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh One View Post
Can't believe this game isn't getting more buzz around here, it's fantastic.
You are totally right, this game is really cool and a hidden gem. Developers often think on releasing new games near Christmas to get more attention, but the fact is that strategy not always work because of the hugh amount number of new titles in the store these days.

This game is a combination of management sim and Dinner Dash gameplay with some RPG in the middle. The player needs to manage the food and equipment for the restaurant but also serve the food after that. As a usual RPG game, the pace of the challenge is constantly growing. But as the title says, this is not a game for the casual gamers, but for the hardcore ones. The title has some strategy and it can become really difficult. Even the single day of work is much longer than expected for a title of this kind.

On a sidenote, I would say the art design is top-notch and the humoristic style of the game fits perfectly into the gameplay. There is not IAP in this game at all. That is something that I am grateful to encounter in iOS these days.

This game is also in Desura for full price, so I would advice that if you think this gameplay is good for your taste, don't hesitate on buying now that is on sale for iPad.

Gamezebo did a review 4,5/5 http://www.gamezebo.com/games/cook-s...licious/review if you want to know more about this game.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:08 PM

I am so addicted to this game! I've put more than 20 hours in it. And there's still stuff to do.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM

Version 1.0.2 is out! That's all the bugs fixed, and the next patch will be optimization and new content.