★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dan Vogt
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 93.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: Blast through a stylish, neon landscape in this story-driven, racing adventure.
DATA WINGs deliver critical data throughout the computer system, following Mother's orders without question. But when the system comes under attack, and Mother becomes irrational, something must be done!

Intuitive two-touch controls with an arcade feel
Sleek racing with a focus on thrusting off walls
A +2 hour story with over 40 levels
A competitive crown system. Own courses and the leaderboards!
An amazing soundtrack from world-class producers. Featuring: luxury elite, 18 Carat Affair, ESPRIT , t e l e p a t h , Eyeliner and NxxxxxS

"A ridiculously stylish 2D racer" - TouchArcade

DATA WING is the solo passion-project of Dan Vogt; a 15-year veteran of the games industry.

DanVogt's comments:

Also available on the Google Play Store.

DATA WING is a neon, racing adventure through an 80s fever-dream, featuring a fully fleshed-out story, hyper-competitive racing and an amazing soundtrack from world-class producers.

• * Intuitive two-touch controls with an arcade feel
  • * Sleek racing with a focus on thrusting off walls
  • * A +2 hour story with over 40 levels
  • * A competitive crown system. Own courses and the leaderboards!
  • * An amazing soundtrack from world-class producers. Featuring: luxury elite, 18 Carat Affair, ESPRIT 空想, t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者, Eyeliner and NxxxxxS

DATA WING is completely FREE - no ads - no IAP.

---

Hi everyone!

I'm super excited to be finally launching DATA WING after beta testing here a few months ago. (again, big thanks to the community for helping out!)

DATA WING actually has a significant story mode. I really miss 16-bit games that expand and intrigue players with worlds full of mystery... So I've tried to tell a story that would feel right at home on a cartridge - and wrap it all up whthin a slick arcade racer, delivered right to your pocket!

I hope you'll take some time to give it a play - maybe tell your friends if you like it?
I'd love to hear if you get the nostalgia vibes I'm putting down.

I also look forward to seeing TA's times on the leaderboards!

<3
Dan
08-17-2017, 03:05 AM
Very nice indeed. Simple but "oh wait; it's not that simple" gameplay and although I've only played half a dozen or so levels I'm really liking the way the story element is written.

Had to turn the effects off because the blur made it feel like I needed to clean my glasses. Couldn't play like that so I'm not sure if I'm missing out on some other nice effects as well.

A tiny gripe on an otherwise fantastic and incredibly generous offering. Get it; now.

08-17-2017, 03:10 AM
i was in beta and this game rocks!

one thing i can't understand, why it's absolutely FREE?! this one worth waaay more for SURE!
08-17-2017, 04:34 AM
Thank you for this beauty, Dan! Totally free and really creative game. Takes a simple track racing game and adds a lot of personality. Made it through the first 5 levels. Great game design - I can tell you're a 15 yr game vet!
08-17-2017, 05:05 AM
And don't let "Free" fool you. This game is better than most paid apps for sure. Pure Creative and Artful talent behind this one!

This game has soul. Phenomenal stuff...all of it!
08-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Oh yes! Folks eyes feeling funny from the FX came up enough in beta testing that I added that feature - but don't worry, you're not missing anything.
08-17-2017, 08:49 PM
I wanna give Dan money for this game!
08-17-2017, 09:22 PM
Wait. Did I just play an asteroids racing game? This is awesome. Love it! I need an IAP to give you money for this. Is there an endless mode on the way?
08-18-2017, 01:03 AM
Thanks, that's super generous, y'all. If you have cash burning a hole in your pocket and you enjoyed the music, maybe support one of the musicians? (their pages are linked in the credits) They were all really generous with their work and it adds so much to the project.
08-18-2017, 01:04 AM
And J.R., what would an endless mode look like?