★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I just had the most tense and epic game I've ever had.
Full campaign as Allies against Dietrich.
We fought for every damn bridge.
EVERY one.
I won, but he was really close to breakthrough my lines and he cut off Bastogne 2 times, even if he couldn't take it.

AMAZING, truly amazing game.
12-16-2012, 06:44 PM
LOL, just checked the official BotB company site and they have a sentence from my App Store review posted! Rather honored actually, just a tiny bit unnerved that they used my full name though! Well if I can help them sell any more copies its worth it

Current games: Ascension, Drive on Moscow, Panzer Corps
Best of: Rogue Touch, Dungeon Raid, KoDP, BotB
Waiting for: El Alamein, Galactic Keep, FTL
GC: Emos

12-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunham View Post
Shenandoah Studio is aware that the game is not available in Germany (and I believe Austria and Switzerland), despite us having set it to be. Weve contacted Apple to straighten things out.
Monday 17th, still nothing in the Swiss app store. This is so gonna be worth the wait :-)
12-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Same here in Germany...
I never bought an IOS game for 8.99 but when I see that there are 125 or so ratings in the AppStore and all these are 5 Star ones and when I read the praise this game gets here, I think that I have to buy it.
I like war games. I started playing them on my C64 which I got when I was 17, back in 1983.
One was called "Battle of the Bulge: Tigers in the Snow". And there were others, but I do not remember their names yet.
Ok, let us hope that we get the game before apple puts the AppStore in lock state... Fingers crossed!
12-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Just bought and played the game. Firstly it is very, very polished. The sound, graphics are absolutely first class. The gameplay itself is sometimes very confusing if you come from RTS wargames but most likely logical if you are used to war boardgames or games like Steel Panthers on the PC. There are certain turn-by-turn rules (e.g. units attacking each other only when a third unit exits a square) that are not realistic but added, according to the developer, to improve the gameplay. The AI seems fine but I've yet to try multiplayer.

Nevertheless I would definitely recommend this game and hope it starts a trend of high quality wargames on the iPad.

Follow on Twitter for Promo Codes and News!

Last edited by karlth; 12-17-2012 at 04:49 AM.
12-17-2012, 12:58 PM
19:58.... the german appstore... still no BotB...

GC: Cr0mw3ll | OF: LordCromwell | +: LordCromwell
Gunshine.net: Cromwell [a1] (non iOS)
12-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Any advice how to beat raise to to muse as axis? is it even possible?
12-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyNinja View Post
Try playing as the allies and see how the AI does it.

Follow on Twitter for Promo Codes and News!
12-17-2012, 03:31 PM
It is definitely possible to win Race to the Meuse from either side. (Search Twitter for #BotB and you will probably find screen shots.)

One tip: dont play it like you would a wargame. It is totally OK to sacrifice units or ignore threats, because the game ends abruptly.
12-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyNinja View Post
The easiest path to to hook to the NorthWest, that's the shortest distance to the Meuse. Aim for the territories of Huy, Ouffet or Herve. Play smart with your stacking and breakthroughs and keep a protected line, if the allies cut off your lead formation from behind as you reach the Meuse you won't get the win.

Current games: Ascension, Drive on Moscow, Panzer Corps
Best of: Rogue Touch, Dungeon Raid, KoDP, BotB
Waiting for: El Alamein, Galactic Keep, FTL
GC: Emos