★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-13-2012, 03:25 PM
#11
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: World, now Belgium
Posts: 3,031
On the Belgian store, but I will wait for impressions on this.
12-13-2012, 03:40 PM
#12
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: NL
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
On the Belgian store, but I will wait for impressions on this.
Well I've done the tutorial and am now wallowing (as the Axis player) in my first game... so far I feel that the superlative hype does not do this game justice. It is absolutely superb. This may be (as Owen @ Pocket Tactics has claimed) the best iPad game ever made.

Mac user since 1988

Last edited by funambulist; 12-13-2012 at 03:43 PM.

12-13-2012, 03:47 PM
#13
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,416
Did the tutorial and started playing.

ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY.

An aural visual orgasm.

When I heard the German music playing while reading the history notes of the first day, the wind and the shots, the radio interferences....I almost had tears of joy.

Back in the Ardennes.
12-13-2012, 03:54 PM
#14
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Amazing!

This should be editors choice, its a shame a game of this amazing quality is getting ignored in favor of crap like You don't know jack!!!!

C'mon Eli get these guys on the podcast, you are always talking about how you want to see high quality games on the platform. Well, here ya go brother!

Last edited by bigtmac68; 12-13-2012 at 04:01 PM.
12-13-2012, 04:13 PM
#15
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,444
This game is close to perfect and this is coming from a guy with over 2,200 wargames and boardgames...

Get this.

Now.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
12-13-2012, 04:43 PM
#16
German Store

Still not there. IT WAS A German Offensive. Dam it. By the way, for all who may be interested. The battle is called in german: Die Ardennen-Offensive - The Ardennes Offensive.

So I still have to wait and hear the Overture out of the Movie "A Bridge Too Far" to stay in the mood.

Struan
12-13-2012, 04:57 PM
#17
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: England
Posts: 246
Really want to buy this, but the price is quite high for something that seems quite short? (Isn't it just 1 level?)

Love the screenshots though, but think I will buy footy manager 13 first....although some great feedback above
12-13-2012, 05:00 PM
#18
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struan73 View Post
So I still have to wait and hear the Overture out of the Movie "A Bridge Too Far" to stay in the mood.

Youtube link | Pop Up


Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy View Post
Really want to buy this, but the price is quite high for something that seems quite short? (Isn't it just 1 level?)
There's a short "opening battle" scenario, and the entire Battle of the Bulge. This is a nice chunk of WWII, hardly could be considered "1 level".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-13-2012, 05:22 PM
#19
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 310
Here comes the inevitable price mention. Was hoping this woulda come in at a bit lower price point, but it takes precedence over all the other games I want right now. This game looks absolutely killer
12-13-2012, 05:40 PM
#20
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac68 View Post
This should be editors choice, its a shame a game of this amazing quality is getting ignored in favor of crap like You don't know jack!!!!

C'mon Eli get these guys on the podcast, you are always talking about how you want to see high quality games on the platform. Well, here ya go brother!
I have to agree. Hopefully it doesn't get ignored on TA for long. And other web pages for that matter as well.