App description: "Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade

Battle of the Bulge invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.

Key features include:
Play against AI opponents with unique personalities
Play against friends online through Game Center or on one device with Pass and Play.
Fast turns, deep strategy
Play scenarios like the quick, tense, fight in the opening days to a campaign covering the entire battle as either the Axis or the Allies
Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
Full rules, charts, tables and other information included for advanced players
Extensive historical photos and commentary
Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
Localized for Spanish and Japanese
Retina support
First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman

Praise for Battle of the Bulge:

Its completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format... No High Scores

Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. Its deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, its beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you dont need a tutorial to learn the interface. If youre at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If youre not, give this one a try, anyway. MobileTechReview

A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for. TouchArcade

In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I havent seen a better game TUAW

a game of considerable majesty awaits you Gamezebo

Easily the most educational game Ive ever played. Eurogamer

"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK

djflippy's comments:

12-13-2012, 03:25 PM
On the Belgian store, but I will wait for impressions on this.
12-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
On the Belgian store, but I will wait for impressions on this.
Well I've done the tutorial and am now wallowing (as the Axis player) in my first game... so far I feel that the superlative hype does not do this game justice. It is absolutely superb. This may be (as Owen @ Pocket Tactics has claimed) the best iPad game ever made.

Mac user since 1988

Last edited by funambulist; 12-13-2012 at 03:43 PM.

12-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Did the tutorial and started playing.

ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY.

An aural visual orgasm.

When I heard the German music playing while reading the history notes of the first day, the wind and the shots, the radio interferences....I almost had tears of joy.

Back in the Ardennes.
12-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Amazing!

This should be editors choice, its a shame a game of this amazing quality is getting ignored in favor of crap like You don't know jack!!!!

C'mon Eli get these guys on the podcast, you are always talking about how you want to see high quality games on the platform. Well, here ya go brother!

Last edited by bigtmac68; 12-13-2012 at 04:01 PM.
12-13-2012, 04:13 PM
This game is close to perfect and this is coming from a guy with over 2,200 wargames and boardgames...

Get this.

Now.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
12-13-2012, 04:43 PM
German Store

Still not there. IT WAS A German Offensive. Dam it. By the way, for all who may be interested. The battle is called in german: Die Ardennen-Offensive - The Ardennes Offensive.

So I still have to wait and hear the Overture out of the Movie "A Bridge Too Far" to stay in the mood.

Struan
12-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Really want to buy this, but the price is quite high for something that seems quite short? (Isn't it just 1 level?)

Love the screenshots though, but think I will buy footy manager 13 first....although some great feedback above
12-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struan73 View Post
So I still have to wait and hear the Overture out of the Movie "A Bridge Too Far" to stay in the mood.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy View Post
Really want to buy this, but the price is quite high for something that seems quite short? (Isn't it just 1 level?)
There's a short "opening battle" scenario, and the entire Battle of the Bulge. This is a nice chunk of WWII, hardly could be considered "1 level".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Here comes the inevitable price mention. Was hoping this woulda come in at a bit lower price point, but it takes precedence over all the other games I want right now. This game looks absolutely killer
12-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac68 View Post
This should be editors choice, its a shame a game of this amazing quality is getting ignored in favor of crap like You don't know jack!!!!

C'mon Eli get these guys on the podcast, you are always talking about how you want to see high quality games on the platform. Well, here ya go brother!
I have to agree. Hopefully it doesn't get ignored on TA for long. And other web pages for that matter as well.