Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baris View Post
Has anybody tried this on the first iPad, does it play well there? …
Or I might finally have to upgrade my iPad, this seems like an awesome game
Our QA team used an original iPad for about half of the testing. Memory is tight (we sometimes stop sound effects rather than exhausting memory), and there are some less-important iOS 6 features we can’t support. But the game works fine, and we can tell that a lot of players are indeed using the original iPad.

(The game is even better on a retina display, if you do decide to upgrade.)

Last edited by ddunham; 01-16-2013 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: missing text
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunham View Post
Our QA team used an original iPad for about half of the testing. Memory is tight (we sometimes stop sound effects rather than exhausting memory), and there are some less-important iOS 6 features we can’t support. But the game works fine, and we can tell that a lot of players are indeed using the original iPad.

Will confirm that the retina graphics for this game are beautiful, sometimes I just like to zoom in on the map to maximum and check out the individual trees and buildings.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuttlegiaco View Post
EDIT: would love to see someone bring more old SSI / SSG wargame classics to the iPad. who knows, if we find the time (and have enough money), we might just do it ourselves. battles of napoleon would be fantastic...
If it is any indication (or encouragement to you) I would definitely pay a premium price for such games and believe there is a market for them... it may not be a big market but it is definitely an appreciative market.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emos View Post
Will confirm that the retina graphics for this game are beautiful, sometimes I just like to zoom in on the map to maximum and check out the individual trees and buildings.
Seconded...it's truly gorgeous.
I often beam the game on the TV via AirPlay, it's really damn nice.
Sometimes I wish it was even animated (I know I know) because it is so gorgeous I can almost see people running out of the trees.
Banks of fog (like the ones you see at the start of the 'review game' video) would be awesome
Just saying...the game is technically exceptional nonetheless.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:

Thanks, great.. I will play it for now on the original iPad, and some other day on the retina one than
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Have a question or his game as well. I am a complete noob o this genre, is tis a good starting game? If yes how is the tutorial? Thanks in advance or the reply.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
Have a question or his game as well. I am a complete noob o this genre, is tis a good starting game? If yes how is the tutorial? Thanks in advance or the reply.
In my opinion, BotB is the perfect platform to be introduced to the "classic board wargame" genre...it's rather easy to pick up and learn the basics, then you start to learn the finer nuances of the terrain map features and battle probabilities. The tutorial is decent also.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
is tis a good starting game?
I am biased, but “this game is the perfect way to introduce new players to the genre” according to http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2...-ipad.html?m=0
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I am biased, but “this game is the perfect way to introduce new players to the genre” according to http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2...-ipad.html?m=0
Thanks, went ahead and bought it along with phantom leader and gasketball, here's hoping my wife don't notice the charges
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks, went ahead and bought it along with phantom leader and gasketball, here's hoping my wife don't notice the charges
Nope, she will notice the sharp spike in time spent on your iPad. Questions/queries ensure.

I still saving up for TPL.

BTW, I would like to have the rivers marked more clearer (I know, I should have memorised the map by now)