Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

This is not my kind of game normally but I've just played through the tutorial and it's fantastic. Can't wait to get some proper time over Christmas to play it properly. Very well made and atmospheric with a great tutorial for people like me.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM

This game is really good and shows just how awesome iPads are for war gaming.

Nice job on this one. Seriously if you like war games at all please support this developer.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM

anyone know why its not in the german store ?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Just played thru the tutorial a couple of times and fiddled around in the Help and History sections and my initial impressions are...wow just an amazing piece of work! TA strategy and wargamers, this IS The Real Deal, we finally have a true classic wargame for iOS. You can instantly tell that this is a labor of love. Everything from the graphics, the 40s era music, the biting cold wind whistling thru the trees (makes me shiver thinking about it) to the user interface simply oozes quality. This product has more polish than an observatory telescope mirror!

I'll try to post more impressions as I dive into this strategy gem over the following days but so far this gets a 100% from me! Grognards will feel right at home as this has the hallmarks of a classic board wargame but it seems simple enough so that the beer and pretzels crowd won't feel intimidated. Most of the complex calculations that sink up time in a board wargame (CRT, pips, ect) are all handled underneath the hood so thou can just concentrate on playing the game.

Get this, that's an order! Now time for me to step back into time and Race to the Meuse!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM
iPad mini 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
anyone know why its not in the german store ?
Is it possible it may never be in the German store? Don't they have weird laws when it comes to WWII stuff. Like nothing with a nazi flag and things like that.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I expected this game to be a great strategy game but I certainly didn't expect it to be such a great iPad game. It was a nice surprise.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh One View Post
Is it possible it may never be in the German store? Don't they have weird laws when it comes to WWII stuff. Like nothing with a nazi flag and things like that.
Yep, when I lived there they used to remove all the decal sheets from model kits because of the swastika's on em. This is a traumatic thing for a 13 year old boy.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM

Is this game as deep as it looks? Not watered down at all?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 PM

I'm hopeful you get this game in the German store and every App Store for that matter.
This game is really amazing. It will be very familiar to fans of Turn Based games as well as board game fans, and quite simply any fan of a great gaming experience. It's nice that all the battles are historically recreated and the sence of playing war that you get is Awsome. It makes me feel like a kid playing toy soldiers almost. Undoubtedly worth the price, highly recommend
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 PM

Default Politics

No that is not true. There are not even weird laws about the Nazi time. In Germany it is forbidden to "worship" Nazi believes (I hope I use the right terminology), but in a historical framework the usage is not forbidden at all.

Struan