App description: "Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade

Battle of the Bulge invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.

Key features include:
Play against AI opponents with unique personalities
Play against friends online through Game Center or on one device with Pass and Play.
Fast turns, deep strategy
Play scenarios like the quick, tense, fight in the opening days to a campaign covering the entire battle as either the Axis or the Allies
Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
Full rules, charts, tables and other information included for advanced players
Extensive historical photos and commentary
Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
Localized for Spanish and Japanese
Retina support
First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman

Praise for Battle of the Bulge:

Its completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format... No High Scores

Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. Its deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, its beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you dont need a tutorial to learn the interface. If youre at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If youre not, give this one a try, anyway. MobileTechReview

A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for. TouchArcade

In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I havent seen a better game TUAW

a game of considerable majesty awaits you Gamezebo

Easily the most educational game Ive ever played. Eurogamer

"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK

djflippy's comments:

12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
This is not my kind of game normally but I've just played through the tutorial and it's fantastic. Can't wait to get some proper time over Christmas to play it properly. Very well made and atmospheric with a great tutorial for people like me.
12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
This game is really good and shows just how awesome iPads are for war gaming.

Nice job on this one. Seriously if you like war games at all please support this developer.

12-13-2012, 06:46 PM
anyone know why its not in the german store ?

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
12-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Just played thru the tutorial a couple of times and fiddled around in the Help and History sections and my initial impressions are...wow just an amazing piece of work! TA strategy and wargamers, this IS The Real Deal, we finally have a true classic wargame for iOS. You can instantly tell that this is a labor of love. Everything from the graphics, the 40s era music, the biting cold wind whistling thru the trees (makes me shiver thinking about it) to the user interface simply oozes quality. This product has more polish than an observatory telescope mirror!

I'll try to post more impressions as I dive into this strategy gem over the following days but so far this gets a 100% from me! Grognards will feel right at home as this has the hallmarks of a classic board wargame but it seems simple enough so that the beer and pretzels crowd won't feel intimidated. Most of the complex calculations that sink up time in a board wargame (CRT, pips, ect) are all handled underneath the hood so thou can just concentrate on playing the game.

Get this, that's an order! Now time for me to step back into time and Race to the Meuse!

Current games: Ascension, Drive on Moscow, Panzer Corps
Best of: Rogue Touch, Dungeon Raid, KoDP, BotB
Waiting for: El Alamein, Galactic Keep, FTL
GC: Emos
12-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
anyone know why its not in the german store ?
Is it possible it may never be in the German store? Don't they have weird laws when it comes to WWII stuff. Like nothing with a nazi flag and things like that.
12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
I expected this game to be a great strategy game but I certainly didn't expect it to be such a great iPad game. It was a nice surprise.
12-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh One View Post
Is it possible it may never be in the German store? Don't they have weird laws when it comes to WWII stuff. Like nothing with a nazi flag and things like that.
Yep, when I lived there they used to remove all the decal sheets from model kits because of the swastika's on em. This is a traumatic thing for a 13 year old boy.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Is this game as deep as it looks? Not watered down at all?
12-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm hopeful you get this game in the German store and every App Store for that matter.
This game is really amazing. It will be very familiar to fans of Turn Based games as well as board game fans, and quite simply any fan of a great gaming experience. It's nice that all the battles are historically recreated and the sence of playing war that you get is Awsome. It makes me feel like a kid playing toy soldiers almost. Undoubtedly worth the price, highly recommend
12-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Politics

No that is not true. There are not even weird laws about the Nazi time. In Germany it is forbidden to "worship" Nazi believes (I hope I use the right terminology), but in a historical framework the usage is not forbidden at all.

Struan