★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Hexagon $2.99 --> $.99

12-13-2012, 10:18 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Super Hexagon $2.99 --> $.99

Always wondered about this game and all the hubbub surrounding it, but the difficulty kind of made me question getting it. Well, I got it now and....I'm going to be addicted. That is all.

Think it may be the first time it's ever been on sale. (Looked it up...it released at $.99 but has been $2.99 ever since).


12-13-2012, 10:27 PM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
The graphics don't look too good in this game, but see it so much on people's top game lists. Gonna have to go look at youtube.

12-13-2012, 10:27 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 51
I love this game. Like most people my life is very hectic so I can't always spare ten minutes for a quick game. If you're good at Super Hexagon you might last 90 seconds. It's a good way to kill time waiting in line.
12-13-2012, 10:33 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,408
Here's hoping the game comes to Android soon enough!
12-13-2012, 10:53 PM
#5
If you want to try the game, I think there is an online version.
12-13-2012, 11:07 PM
#6
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,382
Yeah, heard a lot about this one... It's like a puzzle type thing? Guess I need to hit up the YouTube.
12-14-2012, 12:42 AM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Dang, this game is hard!!! It is easy to have 3 second games!!! Crazy. Couldn't even break 10 seconds in my first 10 games. Wowzers. This game is weird, terrible graphics - not precise controls, but it is somewhat addictive like a drug. Gotta play it a little more to see whether I grow to love it or get frustrated. Will post after I play a little more...
12-14-2012, 12:44 AM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Yeah, heard a lot about this one... It's like a puzzle type thing? Guess I need to hit up the YouTube.
No more of an action game, where you move an arrow out of the hexagons. Think like a ponos, Mr. Type game. Fast, frantic and kind of insane.
12-14-2012, 12:45 AM
#9
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Dang, this game is hard!!! It is easy to have 3 second games!!! Crazy. Couldn't even break 10 seconds in my first 10 games. Wowzers. This game is weird, terrible graphics - not precise controls, but it is somewhat addictive like a drug. Gotta play it a little more to see whether I grow to love it or get frustrated. Will post after I play a little more...
I'll be curious to read your further impressions. Everyone seems to love it, but I'm puzzled by what it actually is.
12-14-2012, 02:30 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
I'll be curious to read your further impressions. Everyone seems to love it, but I'm puzzled by what it actually is.
Just bought it. Got $50 gift card a week ago so for a dollar I'll try it. But I'm either deleting this or putting a ton of practice into the game. Because you'll either be one or the other. Basically you control a tiny triangle around a hexagon that spins left and right in the middle of the screen. As that happens, you have these lines and objects coming inwards to the hexagon and you have to move the triangle to the openings and make sure it never touches anything.

You control the triangles left/right movements by holding a left/right arrow.

I just played 10 games. Lasted 18 seconds. It's a bit hyped imo. Not a particularly exciting game, just insanely difficult. If you're one to easily give up and hate being frustrated by games, then take a pass on this one.