Can a game based on "Three Kingdom" topic be a hit in the Western regions?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by theteamster, Dec 14, 2012.

1. theteamster

theteamster Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    We are a team based in China and I was wondering if "Three Kingdom" topic works in western countries such as U.S, Canada or Europe? We are planning a dash'n attack game based on a modern and 3 kingdom cross age story and I am already working on the marketing plans and trying to calculate the odds if this game shall be available in the western countries or not since 3 kingdom history background seems less interested by western audiences than Titans, Greek mythology...etc

There are so many great developers and players in the great forum and I am very interested on what you guys have to say about this issue?

Thanks very much!!!

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    The main reason it is not as popular is because there has been no Hollywood movie made based on this topic. But still, many appreciate it I think. Release it to the west. It would do well regardless of the topic being famous or not if the game is good.

3. theteamster

Jun 3, 2010
    Thanks defred34! I was afraid that the game's title won't attract western audiences from the get go, I worry that people might take a look at the name and icon and say "huh, not interested" lol

but you are right, game play is what matters, so I will work on the game design more as for now

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Can you share a little more about the game? How does it play? Which game currently on iOS can it be associated with in terms of gameplay style? 2D or 3D? Also, screenshot will be good. If you don't want this to be public, just PM me.

5. theteamster

Jun 3, 2010
    hi defred34 I added you just now, sorry for the delay, i was busy with other things for the last few days :)