Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Active Soccer (By The Fox Soft)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-14-2012 at 02:16 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 04:32 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Got it, going to play for 20-30 min then report back.

Honestly, not what i thought it was going to be, for some reason i imagined it being more like Fluid Football except you draw the tactic/formation and the players follow it but at shooting/heading/freekicks/corners you draw what they should do and/or take the shot. This isn't what the game is like. It's just another football game but you can draw the tactic/formation and how the players should make runs. The menus are a little unfriendly, being small and kind of difficult to hit. The graphics are okay I guess but dont make a mark on Fifa, they come closer to Dream League Soccer (i think thats the name). Controls aren't really the best, on their normal setting dribbling is crazy, the ball is free to do as it wants and isn't kept at your feet it provides for some hectic displays. You can change the controls by tapping the little box that tells you what control scheme you're using. Passing works fine. Tap for low/slow pass, hold for high pass. Shooting is okay, working on the same principal as passing but curving the ball is difficult, im still trying to get a hang of it.

Overall: its fun, granted, for a while, is it worth the 1.99? Not in my eyes Dream League Soccer is free (it has IAP though it isn't needed) and First Touch Soccer was 0.69 last month but is now 2.99. If you want a real football experience I'd say fork out the extra and get Fifa 13 at 4.99

I can't test the online as there aren't many people playing yet.

Last edited by trundley; 12-14-2012 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: Adding Review
Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Thank you for having shared the review.
I think Active Soccer belongs to another category respect Fifa or First Touch Soccer, they are not really comparable in my opinion.
Active Soccer wants to reproduce the classic arcade gameplay where you have the whole control of the game (ie: shooting direction, swerve and height), including the "loose" ball control. You can of course choose the "Easy" dribbling mode where the ball is "attached" but in my opinion this will decrease the whole experience.
Active Soccer has an hard learning curve, my suggestion is to continue to play and try to master the game. It's difficult at the beginning but as soon as you master the controls you can build up some nice playing! It's like playing Sensible Soccer or Kick Off 2, hard to master but deep gameplay.

Thank you Trundley for having try the game, really appreciated!

Last edited by TheFoxSoft; 12-14-2012 at 05:57 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 AM

Can someone post a gameplay video?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:06 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I think it's a great game. Just what I expected from watching the trailer.

This game should not be compared to FIFA, PES or Dream League Soccer, but with classics such as Sensible Soccer and Kick Off 2. These type of soccer games are hard to master, but very addictive when you pass the steep learning curve.

If you have ever played games like Sensible Soccer or Kick Off back in the good old Amiga days, then this is a must buy in my opinion.

The younger gamers who doesn't even know what Sensible Soccer is, would propably not like it because of the "hard to master" gameplay, and because they would compare the game with games like FIFA 13. But if they spend some (a lot of ) time with this game, they may actually love it.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

It looks brilliant, I love the fact that the ball isn't sticky.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

There is offside? And bicycle Kick?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Wow, I don't think the music on the trailer could be any worse. I'll still check out the game though
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Very simple question, we can only play with the national teams? If yes, can I play Japan and can I edit the names if they are wrong? Any team from the JLeague? If I can play with Japan (unlike FIfA) I will buy it
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Before buying, do you have any control of the goalkeeper, like which way he should jump to save a ball?