Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Airport Madness Challenge [Universal App]

The Airport Madness guys are back but now it is a universal app with Survival gameplay (as opposed to Airport Madness being more level based play where you pass or fail the level).

While pricey, if anything like their series of PC games, Airport Madness 3, it actually is a fresh new take on the whole Airport Mania like management of an airport. It isn't as much trying to simply guide all the flights in like in Flight Control, but keeping an airport running by both landing and clearing planes for take-off without any collisions or huge delays.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:34 PM

there seems to be a part of it ? as a free version - Airport Madness Mobile Free

which should at least give you an idea about it
Old 10-15-2010, 04:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
there seems to be a part of it ? as a free version - Airport Madness Mobile Free

which should at least give you an idea about it
Sure, I guess. It would be a bit like playing Harbor Master Lite to know what to expect from Harbor Master HD...both are based on pretty much the same idea but the latter has the updated graphics and maybe a few new tweaks.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:46 PM

Hello, TouchArcade! I am one of the creators of Airport Madness Challenge, available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

AMC is similar to the original Airport Madness Mobile app, however with 6 different airports plus multiplayer functionality. It has a brilliant large resolution, ideal on the iPad. AMC also supports Apple Game Center.

This application was originally designed for the iPad. It was felt that the iPhone version of Airport Madness Mobile did not show enough landscape to offer players a view of arriving and departing airplanes. However, with the new Retina display of the iPhone 4, we were also able to publish this app for iPhone and iPod Touch. The iPad version of this application offers more landscape view than the iPhone version.

We sincerely hope you enjoy this app. Please give it your honest feedback rating after playing. As always, my email box is always open to you for your feedback and comments. creator@bigfatsimulations.com

Almost forgot... here is a video trailer of the game:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwcJyorGZEM[/url]
Old 10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

@Jason Sanders
Is this level based play (work a map until I fulfill the requirements to move onto the next one) or do I pick a map and work the airport as long as I can until I've experienced one too many accidents (like Flight Control or Harbor Master's game ending conditions)?
Old 10-15-2010, 06:26 PM

This game plays in a similar fashion to Flight Control. It is sudden-death. You can choose between 6 airports, and as long as you don't have a mishap, the game keeps going.

Beta testing suggests that 100,000 is a decent score for any of the 6 levels.

Jason
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Sanders View Post
This game plays in a similar fashion to Flight Control. It is sudden-death. You can choose between 6 airports, and as long as you don't have a mishap, the game keeps going.

Beta testing suggests that 100,000 is a decent score for any of the 6 levels.

Jason
So are different aircraft worth different values?

Is landing a craft worth a different amount than having them take-off?
Old 10-15-2010, 06:44 PM

We really struggled to find a decent scoring solution for AMC. Players discovered an easy cheat back in AM1 and AM2, whereby players could let departures just sit on the tarmac, without penalty.

In AMC, departures are worth 2000, arrivals only 1000. We did this to really encourage players to push the departures out. The delay penalties really start to rack up after 10 minutes of play however, and so far our beta team has not been able to come up with any cheats, other than common sense decisions, such as telling an aircraft to 'go around' occasionally, to squeeze out a few takeoffs.

The multiplayer feature is cool. It is more than just a competition. Your departures trigger your opponent's arrivals. You can easily "bury" your opponent in a flood of arrivals if you were so inclined. We have two multiplayer modes:

"Tycoon Mode", where you attempt to run your opponent bankrupt and win the game; and,

"Survival Mode", where the first crash ends the game.

Jason
Old 10-15-2010, 06:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Sanders View Post
We really struggled to find a decent scoring solution for AMC. Players discovered an easy cheat back in AM1 and AM2, whereby players could let departures just sit on the tarmac, without penalty.

In AMC, departures are worth 2000, arrivals only 1000. We did this to really encourage players to push the departures out. The delay penalties really start to rack up after 10 minutes of play however, and so far our beta team has not been able to come up with any cheats, other than common sense decisions, such as telling an aircraft to 'go around' occasionally, to squeeze out a few takeoffs.

The multiplayer feature is cool. It is more than just a competition. Your departures trigger your opponent's arrivals. You can easily "bury" your opponent in a flood of arrivals if you were so inclined. We have two multiplayer modes:

"Tycoon Mode", where you attempt to run your opponent bankrupt and win the game; and,

"Survival Mode", where the first crash ends the game.

Jason
Is this multiplayer over the net, blue tooth, or what?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:32 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

it's bluetooth and/or wifi afaik. I've only played it over bluetooth, and let me tell you multiplayer is intense, i got my butt kicked by a nine year old, and more than once.