Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default bit Dungeon (by Kinto)

Free Flash version available.

Last edited by strivemind; 12-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: Dev request to remove from of Flash version, now that iOS gameplay video is complete
Old 12-14-2012, 11:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Dang, I wish I had an iPad.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Just found and downloaded this from app shopper. Came here to find out what everybody is thinking about it.

Guess its just me. The graphics reminded me of the original dungeons of legend of Zelda. I'll post back after I spent a little time with it.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:13 PM

After watching the video, I snapped this up.
I'm not a fan of permanent death, but this looks to be fun . I wanted to
support the developer to encourage more games like this.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:39 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Just had a quick spin and it's really good old fashioned dungeon sprawling fun. The screen plays the wrong way round for me though. Would like to flip it over to play the other way. Great game so far.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Alright so I played through one life.
It's basically a point and click Zelda, where attacking is automatic. There is tons of equipment with different stats. Weapon,armor,shield,boots,magic slot, and one other type I didn't find littered around everywhere. You can swap them by clicking a found chest. Sometimes they are in boxes, sometimes from enemy drops, I found two item shops in the 4 dungeons I made it thru before dying. Each shop has four good items that u can use your dark coins that you find by killing things (pretty rare)

I made it through 4 dungeons before I died on a room with two bosses. Each dungeon had different enemies, and themes. One had skeletons, one had demons and mutants, on had knights and archers. It's basically like a dungeon in Zelda, there is 10 or so rooms per dungeon with bosses scattered throughout and a main boss in the boss room behind a red door.

While I would have liked direct control over the main character, it works well enough. Well worth one dollar.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Love the Flash app so I'm sure this iOs version will be even cooler, one question though. Will this game track my top scores? In the Flash version I see there is a score but it just resets to 0 once I die and it doesn't appear to be recorded anywhere.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
Alright so I played through one life.
It's basically a point and click Zelda, where attacking is automatic. There is tons of equipment with different stats. Weapon,armor,shield,boots,magic slot, and one other type I didn't find littered around everywhere. You can swap them by clicking a found chest. Sometimes they are in boxes, sometimes from enemy drops, I found two item shops in the 4 dungeons I made it thru before dying. Each shop has four good items that u can use your dark coins that you find by killing things (pretty rare)

I made it through 4 dungeons before I died on a room with two bosses. Each dungeon had different enemies, and themes. One had skeletons, one had demons and mutants, on had knights and archers. It's basically like a dungeon in Zelda, there is 10 or so rooms per dungeon with bosses scattered throughout and a main boss in the boss room behind a red door.

While I would have liked direct control over the main character, it works well enough. Well worth one dollar.
Does it record your top scores?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM

I have really been enjoying this game!

The fighting is fun. If you hold down for a second or two
on the screen ,the hero will cast magic ....in this case I found a fireball spell.

You can run right through enemies and still attack as you go without being
stopped if you bump into them.

The graphics , sound effects and music work well to enhance the old style
dungeon crawler theme.

After you kill a boss and enter the room where you find a spell , don't forget to use one of the temp save
staff like symbols. This recharged my health and mana to full. Killing a ghost, before it leaves thorough a wall
will also give you a health potion.

I also Like the trail the hero leaves when he runs through blood etc and
health potion poring the life into the hero. Those are nice touches.

A nice story and some quests to perform would really complete the package here.

Good job so far!

Last edited by gemineye62; 12-14-2012 at 04:15 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Love the Flash app so I'm sure this iOs version will be even cooler, one question though. Will this game track my top scores? In the Flash version I see there is a score but it just resets to 0 once I die and it doesn't appear to be recorded anywhere.
I played to the first boss, I didn't see a score or stats anywhere which is crazy for a game like this. The game is great but no stats?