Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-18-2012, 04:46 PM

Default Allie Hamilton - (by Vincent Chun-Hung Chi)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-27-2012 at 08:43 AM..
Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Oh dood that is some fantastic artwork and style.

Instabuy this!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:28 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Ooh, that does look terrific. Any impressions?

I'm currently playing The Journey Down, another adventure game that came out today, but if nobody's tried this by tomorrow I'll probably give it a go.

Cheers.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:43 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
Ooh, that does look terrific. Any impressions?

I'm currently playing The Journey Down, another adventure game that came out today, but if nobody's tried this by tomorrow I'll probably give it a go.

Cheers.
I bought this one yesterday, but in a very familiar situation for most people right now, the game was bought alongside infinity billion other titles and hasn't been downloaded yet. >_>
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
I bought this one yesterday, but in a very familiar situation for most people right now, the game was bought alongside infinity billion other titles and hasn't been downloaded yet. >_>
Well, I wouldn't rush.

The graphics are terrific, like paper dolls come to life. The music is also very good.

Unfortunately, everything else is a bit all over the place. The dialogue is overwrought, the voice acting is poor, and an eight-year-old would find the puzzles easy. The story is set in the early 20th century, but the heroine speaks like a modern teenager and wears a thigh-skimming lace dress to board a steamship, and it doesn't seem like the author's going for steampunk or some other kind of era mash-up.

Adults are going to find all the flaws I mentioned above, but the kids who might enjoy the puzzles are unlikely to find the epic love storyline appealing. There's also the death of a parent in the first five minutes that could be upsetting to them.

This feels like a labour of love, and kudos to the developer for making and releasing a game, but I'm not sure I could recommend it to anybody.

It really is pretty, though.

Cheers.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The Good:

The graphics and the music are lovly and definitly a reason why I would recommend the Game to everyone who can spare the Dollar for the Game.

The Bad:

I wish the Voice Cast and the writing would have been a bit better since they are sometimes so out of the mood that I had to take a break before I kept playing on. Guess the Developer had to cut somewhere the budget...

For all those that are still unsure about it:

I did add a Gameplay Trailer about the first few Minutes of the Game to the first Post.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:52 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

funny artwork...i like the music
Old 12-28-2012, 06:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Now free
Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The best thing they could do with this game is go back over it, rewrite the script to make the speech better fit the period (and remove the main character's massively unwarranted psycho-hosebeast overreaction to every single thing said to her), and then remove all the voice acting from the game entirely, replacing all the spoken dialogue with silent movie "title cards".
Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I like the voice acting. I don't think it's bad, I just think when they adapted this to English (looks like the original name was "Jennifer Wu") they should have cut the length of the scenes down to fit the spoken words.

I've been playing this as of last night. I intend to finish it today during lunch. If you can deal with the puzzles being pretty basic... and the spoken language happening quicker than scenes then I think it's definitely worth a play through. The story is not revolutionary but it's pretty decent. The art style is remarkably charming and easily the highlight of the entire game. I think the dev could learn a few lessons here and make something pretty amazing. As it is though, for free, it's worth one play through.

The soundtrack can be grabbed for free. It took me a bit to figure out where to actually download it... but after some sleuthing here it is for pc browsers:
https://soundcloud.com/allie-app

Use the little down arrows under each track to download them. If you open the page on an ios device it'll probably forward to a mobile version of the site which I didn't see a way to download it that way.

Install Size is 820MB. So I think it may download without having to need separate space for the download size.

EDIT: I've had a few crashes... late in the game. The first one was at the elevator scene, but it's crashed several times during the avoiding holes bit (I think the hit detection may be off in this one puzzle). I think that's generic enough not to ruin the game. I think I'm really close to the end now. There's a separate editor thing called "uPost" built into the game. It let's you generate a scene with the game assets and save it in the app or even capture it without all the editor controls as a picture in the camera's photo library. The only issues I've had testing it out simply is the text doesn't seem to let you resize and is too low res outside of the app to be readable... also it crashed on me once. But still it's an easy way to take the art in the game and make some custom backgrounds.

Last edited by nightc1; 12-31-2012 at 10:31 AM..