Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 AM

Default Re-Volt Classic Free - IAP buy full game

So Re-Volt dropped from the $8.99 to $5.99 US like during its release

Still a little hesitant I installed the Re-Volt Classic Free app. Wow! It felt so old school that I was ready to buy after one race. I notice on this free app though the is a 'buy full game' IAP that is only $2.99 US

Does anyone know if there is some strange difference in the full app for $5.99 vs making the free one full using the IAP ? Why would there be a difference in cost like this ? Just a goof ?

thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 08:23 PM

I took one for the team and bought the "full version" from with-in the free version. Of course, I completely forgot to fully look at the free version to see what it included and compare it to what I have now.

One thing I know for sure is that iTunes still thinks of my free version as the free version, as the full version still shows up as a $5.99 purchase in the appstore for me.

Anyone with just the free version or with the full version interested in comparing screens/options?
Old 12-18-2012, 09:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I took one for the team and bought the "full version" from with-in the free version. Of course, I completely forgot to fully look at the free version to see what it included and compare it to what I have now.

One thing I know for sure is that iTunes still thinks of my free version as the free version, as the full version still shows up as a $5.99 purchase in the appstore for me.

Anyone with just the free version or with the full version interested in comparing screens/options?
How did you Toftt?

You didn't buy the full version app... You bought an IAP that unlocks the full version's content in the free version.

The AppStore description clearly states that the free version sine crack and two cars.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Hi! I can confirm that the free version when upgraded to the full game from the IAP is identical to the "premium" download. Both versions will get the same updates etc. as we release them over the coming months - the sole difference between them is that the free one has limited content when you first download it - but on unlock it's the same.

Thanks - enjoy!

Nick
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Baynes View Post
Hi! I can confirm that the free version when upgraded to the full game from the IAP is identical to the "premium" download. Both versions will get the same updates etc. as we release them over the coming months - the sole difference between them is that the free one has limited content when you first download it - but on unlock it's the same.

Thanks - enjoy!

Nick
So why such a difference in price then? With the premium app are the cars, track, and clockwork all unlocked already? I ask as I noticed after buying the full that I could then pay another buck for these items or I guess play and win to make them available.

Great game btw
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerTag View Post
So why such a difference in price then? With the premium app are the cars, track, and clockwork all unlocked already? I ask as I noticed after buying the full that I could then pay another buck for these items or I guess play and win to make them available.

Great game btw
With the upgraded free version, you still get the three options to pay $.99 and fully unlock each category.

Loved this game back in th PC days, and plan on trying to unlock everything on my own. But, wow, it's kicking my butt so far. Loads of fun though, thanks for bringing it back!