★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: HALF PRICE to celebrate the launch of THE SHADOW PROPHECY Expansion!!

A unique game of strategic matching and RPG battling!

Place, match and thwack your way through dozens of gorgeous retro-style levels, a variety of game-modes and special hand-crafted scenarios.

** This game has ZERO consumable In-App-Purchases! - Just a pure gaming experience! **

"you shouldn't miss this game" - 4.5/5 - Touch Arcade
"We highly recommend Pixel Defenders Puzzle three times over." - 4/4 - Slide To Play
"With loads of game modes, achievements and levels this is one of the best puzzle-strategy games in the App Store." - 4.5/5 - TouchGen
"Clever and great value game" - 4/5 - The Sunday Times
"this is much more than just another match-three puzzler." - 8/10 - EuroGamer

Pixel Defenders Puzzle is an innovative hybrid of match-3-puzzler and RPG-battler. Match pixels to create Defenders and protect princesses, kings & queens from waves of fiendish enemies!

Strategically build a force of heroes to battle evil foes!
Test your wits in specially designed puzzle stages!
Take on endless hoards of enemies in the action-packed Assault Mode!
Put your skills to the test in Endless Mode: no enemies, just unlimited pixels to match and build your high score!
64 Achievements, and global high-score leaderboards!
Face the ultimate challenge of the final boss battle!

Vovin's comments:

Game trailer:

Tutorial play-through:

... wait, what? Retro-fantasy-combat-match 3?

Instabuy!!
12-15-2012, 03:11 PM
This one looks good! Looking forward to hearing some impressions..

12-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
WOAH... wtf?

This looks fantastic. After a brilliant explained tutorial, a retro-music and retro-graphics gem is awaiting you, a mixture of Tiny Town and Match-3 elements, a deep strategic Match-3 with tactical RPG combat sequences is awaiting you. This is really unique and new. This looks and feels like a gem like 10000000.
Puzzle fans shouldn't miss this!!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
12-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
WOAH... wtf?

This looks fantastic. After a brilliant explained tutorial, a retro-music and retro-graphics gem is awaiting you, a mixture of Tiny Town and Match-3 elements, a deep strategic Match-3 with tactical RPG combat sequences is awaiting you. This is really unique and new. This looks and feels like a gem like 10000000.
Puzzle fans shouldn't miss this!!
Magnificent game! Definitely agree with what Vovin has said

Will leave my review and impressions soon!
12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, we have here definitely Game of the Week Material in front of us...
12-15-2012, 08:32 PM
What is this exactly
12-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm likely to buy it on all of your recommendations alone, but short of doing so, based on the description and screenshots I can't quite tell what sort of game this is.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
What is this exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
I'm likely to buy it on all of your recommendations alone, but short of doing so, based on the description and screenshots I can't quite tell what sort of game this is.
Just a few more Minutes. I`m uploading the Tutorial as we speak and will record some Minutes of the first Quest...

12-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Guess I'll probably buy this. All the big games, deep games, etc. I never end up playing. Partly due to the small screen size. This is embarrassing but I probably play Homerun Battle 2 more than anything else. :dodges rocks:

I saw this early this morning, but didn't know if it was a good game or someone just had access to clean pixel-art.
12-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Be careful. Pixels are being overworked and underpaid. It won't be long before they unionize and go on strike. How many games do they have work in a single shift these days?