★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Orbi Labs
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 121.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: The most fun and responsive skateboarding game ever.

When you play PureSkate 2, *you* are the skater, using your fingers and your device to catch air and perform tricks you never thought possible. Watch and feel as your skater reacts to each and every push, ollie, bump, tilt, and grind you perform.

Note: Recommended on iPhone 5 and higher.

Features:
- Intuitive touch controls
- Free form flips and shuvs, grinds and slides, grabs, manuals, ollies, and nollies in combinations limited only by your imagination
- Skater that responds to your control
- Completely free roam world
- Many replayable missions
- Skate, build up your skills, skate bigger
- Custom Decks and Boards (additional skaters coming soon!)

PureSkate 2 comes with one unlockable Skate Park for in-game Bucks you earn by skating and beating missions. Future skate parks, decks, wheels, skaters, and skill points are all unlockable via in-game Bucks. An unlimited number of in-game Bucks can be earned by skating and beating missions, or you can optionally accelerate your progress with In-App Purchases.

*INTRODUCTORY PRICE* Price will go up as new levels and content is released.

PureSkate 2 is the next closest thing to actually skateboarding (and if you can do that, then we recommend that instead!). Any and all feedback is appreciated, dont hesitate to contact us!

orbilabs's comments:

01-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Hmm.. Interested in how this compares with the original. I really still enjoy it.

01-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Some impressions:

graphics are OK, nothing special but they do their job. Only issue i have is that sometimes when turning, the character's legs are looking very very thin and stick-like.

The controls are difficult to get the hang of (at least for me) but when they do, they work good. If they could be a bit more responsive to faster gestures, it would be perfect. The way they are now, you have to hold a gesture for a second, and make sure the gesture is clear. fast and imprecise will not work.

Two things i like: first, you can see your skater, and the control area is completely separate. and Second, EVERYTHING is unlocked by in game cash. At the moment there is just one skater, but the menu sais "coming soon" for more.

TLDR: 1) i really like this because of seeing the skater and no nessecary IAPs. 2) i would like the controls to be more responsive to fast gestures, be more fluid, and maybe allow us to change the position of the control board at the left or right of the screen.

Best of luck to the dev for future content!
01-20-2015, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
Some impressions:

graphics are OK, nothing special but they do their job. Only issue i have is that sometimes when turning, the character's legs are looking very very thin and stick-like.

The controls are difficult to get the hang of (at least for me) but when they do, they work good. If they could be a bit more responsive to faster gestures, it would be perfect. The way they are now, you have to hold a gesture for a second, and make sure the gesture is clear. fast and imprecise will not work.

Two things i like: first, you can see your skater, and the control area is completely separate. and Second, EVERYTHING is unlocked by in game cash. At the moment there is just one skater, but the menu sais "coming soon" for more.

TLDR: 1) i really like this because of seeing the skater and no nessecary IAPs. 2) i would like the controls to be more responsive to fast gestures, be more fluid, and maybe allow us to change the position of the control board at the left or right of the screen.

Best of luck to the dev for future content!
Thanks so much for the detailed impression! You're validated a lot of what we're feeling. We're going to work on on aspects of your feedback. Two quick followups:
- are you playing on iPad?
- in terms of gesture speed, does this go for simple turning, or are you talking more about ollieing and tricks?

Thanks again!
01-21-2015, 12:43 AM
Yeah, playing on iPad, and the gestures I was referring to, was about the tricks and ollies. Turning is fine. Maybe we'll see an update for the controls? Also, could you make the in game cash rewards higher, or lower the upgrade costs for the abilities?

I think with more responsive control, more content and better in game rewards, this could be the definite skate game on iOS. I don't like the other games where you only see your board, your game addresses this

Last edited by ramzarules; 01-21-2015 at 12:45 AM.
01-21-2015, 09:41 AM
I also really like the fact that you see the skater ans on my ipad i was having a easier time with the controls

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
01-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Yeah, playing on iPad, and the gestures I was referring to, was about the tricks and ollies. Turning is fine. Maybe we'll see an update for the controls? Also, could you make the in game cash rewards higher, or lower the upgrade costs for the abilities?

I think with more responsive control, more content and better in game rewards, this could be the definite skate game on iOS. I don't like the other games where you only see your board, your game addresses this
Thanks again for all your comments! We can definitely work on the responsiveness. Man it would be great to watch you and get the exact behaviour you'd like, so just to help picture it are you looking for the skater to get in the air faster, or just have the skater crouch faster when you lift your front foot/finger? Or does it just feel sluggish? The older iPad (2-3) and iPhones (anything pre iPhone 5s) definitely runs the game a bit slow. Any specific expectations would be awesome.

More *stuff* is definitely coming. The skill price was kept really high to help balance things out when there are more levels, and more higher priced goals... this early on I totally agree getting skills up is unattainable.

This project is a labour of love for us much like the first one. I imagine about 6 months from now there will be more of EVERYTHING in the game. We're not looking to make a game for everyone, we're looking to have an incredible skate game for people that like skate games.
01-21-2015, 08:24 PM
As great it is for you, equally great it is for me that the devs are listening for feedback as for description, i will try my best with an example of ollie.

I see an edge up ahead i want to ollie on. So i push forward three times for speed, put both my fingers on board. Now, i have to lift my front finger some seconds before i want to make the jump, and then lift my back finger to perform the ollie.
If i dont lift my front finger and clearly leave at least one second before raising my back finger, the ollie doesnt happen. it creates the feeling of holding the crouch and get ready to jump, but sometimes you want to crouch and instantly spring up, like: appeoach the obstacle full speed, lift front finger to crouch and lift back finger to jump, with the timing of the gesture and outcome ideally equal to two fast taps (since you are doing the opposite, lifting your fingers instead of tapping, but the timing should be the same).

Wuff, sorry, i tried to explain as best i could, hopefully you make some sense out of it!
01-22-2015, 05:49 AM
Quote:
As great it is for you, equally great it is for me that the devs are listening for feedback as for description, i will try my best with an example of ollie.

I see an edge up ahead i want to ollie on. So i push forward three times for speed, put both my fingers on board. Now, i have to lift my front finger some seconds before i want to make the jump, and then lift my back finger to perform the ollie.
If i dont lift my front finger and clearly leave at least one second before raising my back finger, the ollie doesnt happen. it creates the feeling of holding the crouch and get ready to jump, but sometimes you want to crouch and instantly spring up, like: appeoach the obstacle full speed, lift front finger to crouch and lift back finger to jump, with the timing of the gesture and outcome ideally equal to two fast taps (since you are doing the opposite, lifting your fingers instead of tapping, but the timing should be the same).

Wuff, sorry, i tried to explain as best i could, hopefully you make some sense out of it!
This makes PERFECT sense. During design we thought it would be ideal if the height of the ollie is made to reflect the timing/duration of the crouch, but it meant taking some liberties with the smoothness of it. I think we could improve this to make ollies instantaneous no matter what, while still allowing a "big ollie" to occur if you plan it out and have a bit more crouch time. We could potentially scap the crouch time stuff too for a full on arcade mode.

Thanks so much for the detailed reply! We'll work to tune this in the very near future.
01-22-2015, 05:56 AM
amazing so glad you recongise it exactly, and that you will work on it. Arcade mode would be very fun, i agree! I skated some back in my teen days, but i would like to be able to do in the game, what i couldn't manage irl