Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Man this update is AMAZING! All kinds of new stuff to do, I am loving the GC acheivments!!! I am addicted all over again lol
Glad you're enjoying it
Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 PM

formulae,

Can you explain why some levels do not give any bonus items even though I scored three stars?

Also, there appears to be a graphical glitch such that level 2 shows 3 stars even though I had yet to play the level.

Also, is it possible to win the entire campaign without LOSING A SINGLE POINT on your VIP (that is, truly flawless victory)?

Can you explain the ratings for "turns taken" and "highest tier unit"? I am getting half stars but have no idea by how far I missed the goal?

Last edited by y2kmp3; 01-22-2013 at 03:39 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM

loving the update!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

iCloud next time maybe? : )
Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 AM

Can't believe I missed this. What an amazing variation on match 3, with added strategy & awesome pixel graphics to boot! So glad to have downloaded this.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Absolutely brilliant this game. But please please please iCloud sync for those of us with a few iDevices!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Can you explain why some levels do not give any bonus items even though I scored three stars?
You should get bonuses for every level that you 3-star which you did not previously have 3-stars for.

Quote:
Also, there appears to be a graphical glitch such that level 2 shows 3 stars even though I had yet to play the level.
Sounds like a bug. Did you upgrade the game from 1.0 or install from new?

Quote:
Also, is it possible to win the entire campaign without LOSING A SINGLE POINT on your VIP (that is, truly flawless victory)?
It's possible, especially since you can heal the VIP with Megapixels. A lot of levels require the VIP(s) at full-health for 3 stars.

Quote:
Can you explain the ratings for "turns taken" and "highest tier unit"? I am getting half stars but have no idea by how far I missed the goal?
This is planned for the next update!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Is it possible to win ALL battles WITHOUT losing any point from ALL of your VIPs and without using the store?

I am beginning to think that this is mathematically not possible.

For example, for Level 11, I counted the number of "turns" it takes for the monsters to amount an attack for Wave 1, Wave 2, and Wave 3. The number of turns needed for the monsters to attack is far less than the number of turns necessary for you to trade up your army to be strong enough to wipe out the entire enemy wave before it attacks. The only way to get around this is if somehow, by chance, you get many (and many) tiles of upgraded units (not the lowest units) so that you can trade up to high powered units quickly. However, if the majority of the units you get is the lowest unit, it is mathematically not possible for you to upgrade fast enough to eliminate ALL of the waves without any monster from any wave firing at least one shot at your VIP.

Can the developer comment on this? Is the battle winnable this way?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Is it possible to win ALL battles WITHOUT losing any point from ALL of your VIPs and without using the store?
Not sure I understand your question. All the levels are completable (and have been completed) without using any stock items at all.
This is besides the point though, as stock items are a part of the game (which is why you earn them as you progress, and can earn them at any time via endless mode), due to the fact the game is inherently random (the next piece is randomly chosen), and so each time you play a level it will be different from the last (maybe more lucky, maybe less).

Furthermore, there are several abilities that the defenders possess that stop the enemy from successfully attacking the VIPs (or even heal the VIP) - this is all part of the gameplay.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:33 PM

Sorry about this. It is kinda hard to explain. Let me be more specific.

One of the criteria by which you are scored is the VIPs' health. Naturally, it leads me to question whether or not it is possible to pass EACH level with ALL of the VIPs' health still FULL. If it is possible, then a natural extension of this question is to ask whether or not it is possible to pass EACH level without ever getting ANY of the VIPs injured. This latter condition is obviously more difficult to achieve, as it means that NONE of the offense monsters must be allowed to get off a shot. It requires very aggressive attack plan on the monsters to succeed.

For earlier levels, I was able to win using this "constrained" strategy. Then, beginning with Level 11, I had not been able to do so. Being curious, I recorded the number of turns it took for the monsters to attack with each wave. I then tried to determine if it would be possible to trade-up your units fast enough, taking the same number of turns, to units powerful enough to wipe out the enemies before any of them could attack. The answer I found so far was no. Thus, the enemies in that level appeared to be stacked in such a way that your VIPs would always get hurt (a bit) even if you were to play a perfect game. The only exception to this is that somehow by chance you are given so many high-powered units that you can stack up quickly.

In your own testing, have you tried playing the game using this extreme constraint? I guess I want to know if I can push the game to its limit when playing with this strategy. The game is very winnable if the VIP can tolerate some injuries. I am asking if the same game is winnable with these special conditions (without using the store, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulae View Post
Not sure I understand your question. All the levels are completable (and have been completed) without using any stock items at all.
This is besides the point though, as stock items are a part of the game (which is why you earn them as you progress, and can earn them at any time via endless mode), due to the fact the game is inherently random (the next piece is randomly chosen), and so each time you play a level it will be different from the last (maybe more lucky, maybe less).

Furthermore, there are several abilities that the defenders possess that stop the enemy from successfully attacking the VIPs (or even heal the VIP) - this is all part of the gameplay.